Big game at home Wednesday 2/2 against Notre Dame

Need a rim protector badly imo. I know this isn't the NBA and I also know that this team is going to be completely different next season but this roster is rock solid 1-4 and at the 5 you have major issues. That big guy Atkinson was getting way too many gimmes. Jordan Miller is a perfect 4 and for stretches looks like the most impactful player on the court but at his size he can only do so much against some of these ACC bigs. Put him next to a rim protecting big, or even a big with decent size like Nysier last year and that frontcourt would be deadly defensively and good offensively. Team is too reliant on guard play which makes every make have to be a hard one because we have no easy points in the paint. Fatigue will catch up to the team and unless the guards play excellent we have some struggles coming up. Just sad because this team has such a visible ceiling imo, and it could've all been prevented if we had even managed to secure one rotational 6'10"+ transfer big this previous offseason. Great job by Coach L with this team but it's painful to watch knowing how they can be exploited and there's no one we can bring in to change it.

Advertisement
Tired of fighting all you Sam lovers. I'd like to see Walker play much much more, and I would venture you will see more performances (from him) like tonight. Doubt if we will see it though.
I agree. Sam does far too much facilitating. He is no real threat on defense or rebounding so he has to try and score. But he doesn't. He seems content setting picks and passing the ball.

He should come off the bench.

Bad loss. No way around it. We screwed up when they were 1-15 from 3 at the half, and they were still up 2. Jordan Miller is the only guy in the starting lineup that gives any real effort rebounding. Their best player scored 5 points on 2-13(0-7 from 3) shooting….and they still beat us on our home floor. Really need to go steal one at Virginia Saturday. Which is possible. UVA isn’t very good. But, we’ll have to play better than we’ve played the last 2 games to do it.

Advertisement
as poorly as we played we still had chances to win the game, which tells me we're a good team that will bounce back
My concern is we don't look like the same team since we blew out UNC. It really started with the first half of the FSU game. We just haven't been clicking as well offensively. We played well at VT, but we didn't look good at GT and looked even worse last night. Hopefully we snap out of it soon.

My concern is we don't look like the same team since we blew out UNC. It really started with the first half of the FSU game. We just haven't been clicking as well offensively. We played well at VT, but we didn't look good at GT and looked even worse last night. Hopefully we snap out of it soon.
We don't present a huge problem to opposing coaches looking to defense us. We're pretty one dimensional. They know we have no inside game.

We don't present a huge problem to opposing coaches looking to defense us. We're pretty one dimensional. They know we have no inside game.
Well, we do have an inside game, just not the traditional way with big men. We have 3 guards who can slash and attack inside well (Kam, Moore, Wong). For whatever reason, we hardly did that at all last night. Instead, we settled for a ton of 3's and deep jumpers.

Advertisement
Well, we do have an inside game, just not the traditional way with big men. We have 3 guards who can slash and attack inside well (Kam, Moore, Wong). For whatever reason, we hardly did that at all last night. Instead, we settled for a ton of 3's and deep jumpers.
It was a jack fest from both teams. Really
Ugly basketball

Who is BB8?
Braxton Berrios, he sitting next to Mario's son on the opposite end of the court.
20220202_201827.jpg

It was. The difference was they had an inside presence in Atkinson.
He hasn't been as good as I expected (averaging roughly 12ppg/7rpg) but had a decisive 23 pts and 11 boards last night against us. A Florida kid from West Palm, I thought we might have a shot at landing him. At 6'9, 230 he would've made a big difference.

Advertisement
He hasn't been as good as I expected (averaging roughly 12ppg/7rpg) but had a decisive 23 pts and 11 boards last night against us. A Florida kid from West Palm, I thought we might have a shot at landing him. At 6'9, 230 he would've made a big difference.
As @King of Allapattah can attest to, we inexplicably didn't recruit him out of HS. Instead, we chose to go after guys like Gak and Rodney. Puzzling. It almost looked like he was playing with a chip on his shoulder last night.

I do remember we were involved in trying to land him when he decided to transfer from Yale last year, but he chose ND instead.

That was a lazy effort on offense... our small ball pass and cut, pass and screen away offense requires constant mental alertness and discipline..
We were back to out lazy way of iso and chucking the 3 ball.
Hope our coaches get on them quickly. They seemed to have forgotten everything they learnt over summer from coach Crutchfield

Advertisement
Back