Big game at home Wednesday 2/2 against Notre Dame

Advertisement
I don't see that all. In fact, I'm seeing a team playing too quick and making really dumb decisions with the ball.
Maybe I phrased that wrong. Stagnant offense, not getting back on D, settling for jump shots, etc. Might just seem slower bc it’s mostly guys just standing around.

But I agree that when the opportunity came up tonight, guys just put their heads down and made dumb decisions.

Wtf is with Wong and that fade away shot so close to the basket? He cannot make it. He missed against fsu at end of the game and about 3 times this game. Also with very little time left down 6 why you shooting that? Go for 3! MY God!

Tired of fighting all you Sam lovers. I'd like to see Walker play much much more, and I would venture you will see more performances (from him) like tonight. Doubt if we will see it though.

Sad thing I heard from Larranga the other day:

“Well, we aren’t a good rebounding team or good at defending the 3…but….”

I guess I’m just older and don’t remember any of my coaches in football or anything talking like that. If they did feel that way, we weren’t leaving the field or the court until we did so many reps working on the deficiencies that we eventually improved.

I just haven’t seen a much poorer rebounding team at times, and many times it is just a complete lack of effort to even try and get position. I can’t even fathom the number of points this team gets against them on second and third looks from teams on offense.

I have to believe he coaches them up on this, but it just rarely looks like it.

Advertisement
Sam is a good stretch forward on a team that has a couple of bigs to hide him on defense. Alas, we don't have a big to hide him.
He plays on the perimeter like a 2 or 3. He's our fourth option in terms of 3 point shooting, behind Wong, Moore and Kam. We need a guy like Walker in there more than we need yet another 3 pt bomber.

Bad performance. Didn’t get to the line, rebounded poorly again, played terrible defense, and shot pretty poorly. We were a step slow all night.

The lack of a big man absolutely killed us. Atkinson completely owned us. Sam was terrible tonight. Kam played his worst game of the season.

Kudos to Walker and Joseph. The bench play actually kept us in this game.

Back to back home losses in front of record student crowds. Is the team pressing in front of them?

Advertisement
Tough loss tonight. It happens. One thing this team has shown us this season is its resiliency. I expect the guys to bounce back. Tough to win when 2 of your 3 best players lay duds and you don't get much else from the rest of the team. Encouraging to see Walker play his best game of the season. Hate to see it go to waste. Hopefully he can build on it. Most disappointing part about tonight was watching another South Fla HS kid, a big man at that, come back to haunt us. Paul Atkinson checks a lot of boxes for this program and proves why this staff needs to do a better job recruiting in state. Local kid. Great student. 6'9"! But yet we don't recruit him. Why?

Last edited:
This team has played well above expectations before the season and even at the beginning of the season. But! This team is nowhere near as good as the sweet 16 teams we had the past decade. Those teams would destroy this team. No big men whatsoever and those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities they give up at the end of a game is just back breaking and kills our rallies. I can definitely see a few more losses in the 2nd half of the acc schedule. Probably Syracuse virginia at least once maybe twice. This team has some good scorers but they sometimes shrink when it matters most. I got so mad watching them flat out not even try tonight. Just a bad bad loss and hopefully they bounce back like they always have this entire season!

Advertisement
This team has played well above expectations before the season and even at the beginning of the season. But! This team is nowhere near as good as the sweet 16 teams we had the past decade. Those teams would destroy this team. No big men whatsoever and those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities they give up at the end of a game is just back breaking and kills our rallies. I can definitely see a few more losses in the 2nd half of the acc schedule. Probably Syracuse virginia at least once maybe twice. This team has some good scorers but they sometimes shrink when it matters most. I got so mad watching them flat out not even try tonight. Just a bad bad loss and hopefully they bounce back like they always have this entire season!
Yeah, my *****ing at times isn’t because I’m not pleasantly surprised at how much better we are than I thought going into the season. Very stoked for them.

What I hate is that there are fundamentals they could improve on, and it seems like they are (coaching as well) just resigned to being good in the areas they already are and just seeing how far it can get them.

Sad thing I heard from Larranga the other day:

“Well, we aren’t a good rebounding team or good at defending the 3…but….”

I guess I’m just older and don’t remember any of my coaches in football or anything talking like that. If they did feel that way, we weren’t leaving the field or the court until we did so many reps working on the deficiencies that we eventually improved.

I just haven’t seen a much poorer rebounding team at times, and many times it is just a complete lack of effort to even try and get position. I can’t even fathom the number of points this team gets against them on second and third looks from teams on offense.

I have to believe he coaches them up on this, but it just rarely looks like it.
We need to play scramble over 50% of the game. Not when we are behind.

We needed to finish this 5 game stretch 4-1 if we want a top 4 seed. We are 2-1 so we are ok. Just can’t mess up now and need to upset wake again.

Advertisement
Terrible loss. This team needs to get it together if they want to make a run. Coach L needs to recruit a deadly 3 point shooter. Sorely needed.

Advertisement
Back