Big 10 Media Rights

No matter how it plays out with Miami….

You gotta give major props to the Big Ten for being creative, aggressive and entrepreneurial

The complete opposite of the ACC

I’ll be glad when we are gone from this conference that’s been run by old plantation owners

Advertisement
Is it hate or is it why would we want that non-descript school that literally nobody outside Massachusetts cares about?
Nobody in Massachusetts cares about BC unless you went there. And then there are those who went there who don’t give a flying F about the place either.

I’ll stop. Place was great and then it just went off the rails. I care about two sports over there. I have friends who have kids playing on one team that is ultra successful and the other squad is personal and ultra successful.

Advertisement
380 mil for Big 10….. I would have passed on that too. You will get better and more entertaining games with the Big 12.

I want us to go to the BIG. The SEC is the best football conference but they are still a regional conference. If the BIG get into Florida we add something new and the BIG reaches a new market and raise what they can charge. I think the SEC will be really bent on keeping them out of Florida. For me Miami is a national brand and the BIG gives us the best chance of maximizing that.

Advertisement
Something dawned on me. I wonder what Miami could get if they go independent and say sign with a company like Amazon? Be the flagship for them with college football. Alot of people have amazon prime.

The problem with going and being independent is the future scheduling problems that may occur if and when these conferences keep expanding. I wouldn't wanna do it for that reason but i bet we could get a big bag of we went that route. Also i don't care about the money we rake in unless its going into the program to match the spending of the elites.

Nobody in Massachusetts cares about BC unless you went there. And then there are those who went there who don’t give a flying F about the place either.

I’ll stop. Place was great and then it just went off the rails. I care about two sports over there. I have friends who have kids playing on one team that is ultra successful and the other squad is personal and ultra successful.
Patience. Fake James will somehow ***** up the Beanpot.

Advertisement
Patience. Fake James will somehow ***** up the Beanpot.
The Beanpot is unscrewupable. Thankfully. It lost a little luster when they tore the old barn down but it has been fantastic lately. I could also just be sentimental…. No BC guys on the world junior roster this year which is odd.

Love the Beanpot reference!

No matter how it plays out with Miami….

You gotta give major props to the Big Ten for being creative, aggressive and entrepreneurial

The complete opposite of the ACC

I’ll be glad when we are gone from this conference that’s been run by old plantation owners

I can't think of the last time the SEC was outmaneuvered by another conference. Very interesting to see how they respond.

Advertisement
I think what other poster mentioned about ESPN having both SEC and ACC media rights, they could be amendable to moving some of the schools to the other conferences or merging them all together.

With those BIG 10 numbers, it seems like they could pay for teams to leave the ACC and spread out the expense over the years. Or if they get enough to defect, wouldn't that allow teams to leave the conference without penalty?

Definitely interesting times and I think we will be moving in the near future.

if the U joins the Big 10, I'll be happy to see ESPN not having big 10 football
No way the U "joins" the Big 10. ESPN has the media contract with the ACC and the only way a team will leave the ACC is to go to the other ESPN media property ... the SEC.

Detroit has been gentrified, you can walk around downtown now.
Was there a couple years ago to catch a Lions and Tigers game. 1st time there so I don’t have a baseline for what it was like, but I was pleasantly surprised. Never felt unsafe. Your typical city stuff. Absolutely can walk around now.

Caught some great seats at the Tiger game. Stadium was practically empty

1660174640574.jpeg

Nice steakhouse if you ever go there. Prime and Proper

1660174719251.jpeg

Advertisement
Back