Big 10 Media Rights

Advertisement
The NFL has 32 teams as well, but there are no Vandy's, Kentucky's, Purdue's, Indiana's, etc. in the NFL.

Oh yes the heck they do...what do you call the Detroit Lions, Washington "Commanders", etc of the world
I call them major US cities with huge populations. The Colts bring ALL of Indiana. Indiana, Purdue, and ND split it.

And even bad teams are at least somewhat competitive in the NFL. How many point spreads do you see over +14 in the NFL vs. college ball?

Advertisement
Yea if he has the best RB and a top 5 defense.
2018 he didn't even have a top 10 defense.
And Gurley had arthritis in his knee to end the regular season that pretty much ended his career.
Kupp tore his ACL week 10.

And he still got them to the SB, when he was like 24.

So yeah, if you give him good players, he can win. The Lions will have a great Oline. They have Good RBs and a Good TE. And the WRs are going to be an order of magnitude better than last year until mid season when Amon-ra started to play well. If Chark can stay healthy and Jameson Williams comes off PUP ready to go by week like 4, the offense can legit be good.

GEEZ, with 14 regular season weeks, that is $25 million per GAME! Dang.
If you thought there were a lot of tv timeouts before…..

hawaiian punch GIF

Advertisement
Ay hold up cuz. I ain't accepting no Detroit slander around this mf.
I was last there in the late 90’s - and I had been multiple times. It was really bad then. A lot of abandoned places even downtown. It looks like the population count has dropped even further.

Just so everyone understands, CBS is paying $350M for *one* Big 10 game per week. And it’s not even the primetime game. Just staggering.
I wonder what the deal is regarding how they decide which games are played in each slot each week. Obviously this is not the prime time game, but for that type of money I have to imagine there are some guarantees that they will be getting at least some marquee matchups throughout the year.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm interpreting this incorrectly, but if this gets done would it mean no primetime games for Notre Dame on NBC?
I don't know for certain but Notre Dame deal is independent of anyone else. I'd imagine Notre Dame would make an addendum in their contract stating they still get prime time rights.

Big 10 games are boring for the most part. I guess you have to live up north to appreciate their brand of football.
So much is made of the Big 10, What is the conferencereally made of?

It's Ohio State and then a drop off from there to 2nd tier group of Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State. Michigan was an anomaly last year as well as Michigan State. Penn State had a losing conference record, so they're a tier 3 program based on last year.

The Big 10 West isn't any better than the ACC Coastal. Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue all on the same level and then 3 bottom tier schools in Illinois, Nebraska, and Northwestern yet all schools capable of beating one another except Illinois. Sounds like the Coastal?

Big 10
Tier 1
Ohio State

Tier 2
Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa

Tier 3
Minnesota, Wisconsin Purdue, Penn State*

Tier 4
Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana
Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern

The Big 10 is similar to the SEC with the exception of UGA. The Big 10 East and and the SEC West+ UGA.

If Miami would join Clemson and 2 other schools were consistently at the top of the conference, the ACC would be as strong as the Big 10 (pre USC and UCLA).

It's all about perception. 2022 is a make or break for the ACC with conference realignment looming. Miami and Pitt look to be at the top in the Coastal with Clemson and NC State in the Atlantic.

In the preseason rankings, the ACC has 5 teams in the top 20. The B1G has 4 and the SEC has 3. The SEC has 3 in the top 10 and 3 in 21-25.

With several ACC vs SEC, Big 12, and B1G games, it's imperative for the ACC to win a majority of the matchups. Winning a majority of these games would elevate the perception of the conference.

Imagine if Miami beats AtM, Pitt beats Tennessee, and FSU beats LSU (Yah, I know we want them to lose). That would create a lot of momentum for the conference. Despite everyone relishing in FSU losing (including me), it's better for Miami's resume if we beat down a decent FSU team rather than a poor one.

SEC Matchups
Miami vs AtM
Pitt vs Tennessee
FSU vs LSU
Wake vs Vandy
Clemson vs S Carolina
GT vs UGA
GT vs Ole Miss
Louisville vs Kentucky

B1G Matchups
Duke vs Northwestern
UVA vs Illinois
BC vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue

Big 12 Matchups
Pitt vs WVA
NC State vs Texas Tech
Duke vs Kansas

Advertisement
Big 10 games are boring for the most part. I guess you have to live up north to appreciate their brand of football.
I live in Ohio and trust me, it’s boring as **** football in the B1G 10 besides OSU. It’s a legit struggle to watch most B1G 10 games.

So much is made of the Big 10, What is the conferencereally made of?

It's Ohio State and then a drop off from there to 2nd tier group of Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State. Michigan was an anomaly last year as well as Michigan State. Penn State had a losing conference record, so they're a tier 3 program based on last year.

The Big 10 West isn't any better than the ACC Coastal. Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue all on the same level and then 3 bottom tier schools in Illinois, Nebraska, and Northwestern yet all schools capable of beating one another except Illinois. Sounds like the Coastal?

Big 10
Tier 1
Ohio State

Tier 2
Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa

Tier 3
Minnesota, Wisconsin Purdue, Penn State*

Tier 4
Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana
Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern

The Big 10 is similar to the SEC with the exception of UGA. The Big 10 East and and the SEC West+ UGA.

If Miami would join Clemson and 2 other schools were consistently at the top of the conference, the ACC would be as strong as the Big 10 (pre USC and UCLA).

It's all about perception. 2022 is a make or break for the ACC with conference realignment looming. Miami and Pitt look to be at the top in the Coastal with Clemson and NC State in the Atlantic.

In the preseason rankings, the ACC has 5 teams in the top 20. The B1G has 4 and the SEC has 3. The SEC has 3 in the top 10 and 3 in 21-25.

With several ACC vs SEC, Big 12, and B1G games, it's imperative for the ACC to win a majority of the matchups. Winning a majority of these games would elevate the perception of the conference.

Imagine if Miami beats AtM, Pitt beats Tennessee, and FSU beats LSU (Yah, I know we want them to lose). That would create a lot of momentum for the conference. Despite everyone relishing in FSU losing (including me), it's better for Miami's resume if we beat down a decent FSU team rather than a poor one.

SEC Matchups
Miami vs AtM
Pitt vs Tennessee
FSU vs LSU
Wake vs Vandy
Clemson vs S Carolina
GT vs UGA
GT vs Ole Miss
Louisville vs Kentucky

B1G Matchups
Duke vs Northwestern
UVA vs Illinois
BC vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue

Big 12 Matchups
Pitt vs WVA
NC State vs Texas Tech
Duke vs Kansas
Fucc’em bro. I want Tallahassee to continue to be so bad that they go back to an all girls school.

My only concern is that the ESPN player package is very good in the UK - I can get every Canes game.

I just hope when we move to the B1G that Fox et al have a similar service for their international fans.

Advertisement
Back