Beyond who our DC is, and who calls plays- here's my question:...

Advertisement
The thought process there is that offenses in 2021 are too good. The only way to succeed is to (1) avoid explosive plays; (2) kill drives with negative plays and turnovers; and (3) tighten up in the red zone. The penetrating front helps you with the negative plays, the softer back end helps you avoid explosive plays.

The question is whether you can stop high-quality offenses from executing going up and down the field. Manny is betting you can as the talent improves. We will see.
Giving Manny the benefit of the doubt, the weak CB play kind of forced us into the bend but don’t break secondary. You can do a lot more if you trust your CBs to not get roasted, and I don’t think Manny trusted our guys.

I feel as if our LBs never make a play bc it’s too unorganized at the DL. Too many stunts, no gap integrity etc. Our linebackers are always out of the play when the opposite team runs outside the tackles. That’s why our safeties get there first since they have the best angle to get in front of the runner. The more the RB run sideways the better our linebackers pursue the play and make the play.

Zach McCloud hopefully played his last down for Miami. As for Jennings, he should be nothing more than depth and a special teams guy moving forward
Unfortunately, Diaz Bunch play favorites. Next year, it will be another McCloud type player. Can’t win if you’re playing favorites.

Advertisement
Diaz, Simpson, Robinson is a decent brain trust if they can work together.

Baker, Patke, Van Dyke, Rumph and whoever else they let into the defensive meeting room should just listen.

Giving Manny the benefit of the doubt, the weak CB play kind of forced us into the bend but don’t break secondary. You can do a lot more if you trust your CBs to not get roasted, and I don’t think Manny trusted our guys.
Please go watch film with Diaz as a DC. You’re in for a serious rude awakening.

2020 Defense:
Manny's Defensive System
Blake implements his version of it
Manny supervises to make sure it jives with his System
Blake calls plays

2021:
Manny's Defensive System
Manny calls plays

MAYBE there will be more aggression, but the System is fundamentally flawed as it is designed to ignore tightends and running backs, and keep everything in front of you. It has linebackers occupy blockers so the safeties can make the tackles.

You cant forget that it does not matter who is coaching. Those coaches have to have their philosophy, techniques, responsibilities,...signed off by Manny.

We've put out some truly awful film from this season, but have a lot of starters returning. Manny will still play favorites, so youre still going to see Ivey, McCloud, and Jennings start with a steadily diminishing role.

I'd bet money we lose to Alabama, Michigan St, UNC, and NC St. The Pitt, VT, and UVA games were all close this year. Im not expecting anything good from this team next year.
Manny is too proud of his D schemes to let anyone ruin it. He gave Baker enough rope to hang himself, now he's going to get things back to "his way". That's why he's stepping in.

Unfortunately, Diaz Bunch play favorites. Next year, it will be another McCloud type player. Can’t win if you’re playing favorites.

Ive stated this before, in the era of the transfer portal, you better get your 5-star guys out there if they are your best player. Guys like Williams, Taylor, Kitchens -- if they are snaps -- Diaz better give it to them

After all, its just his job on the line

Going into spring ball, Im very interested in seeing how the LB depth chart is set. Its time for guys like Huff to make a move, and for Brooks to show something...

Advertisement
So, basically, just the same old run of the mill pessimism. Got it.
Hey ******, my screen-name is my real name. Why dont we meet up and we can place some bets on next season since you want to be an OPTIMIST about this regime?

Since all you do is criticize people about being pessimistic which is newspeak for being realistic.

Delusional ****.

The thought process there is that offenses in 2021 are too good. The only way to succeed is to (1) avoid explosive plays; (2) kill drives with negative plays and turnovers; and (3) tighten up in the red zone. The penetrating front helps you with the negative plays, the softer back end helps you avoid explosive plays.

The question is whether you can stop high-quality offenses from executing going up and down the field. Manny is betting you can as the talent improves. We will see.
Do you see our DL being as dominant as our past D-lines? I don't see our DEs on the same level as Phillips, Roche, GR15, Joe Jackson, and Garvin. Where is the penetration and negative plays from our front 7 going to come from this year?

Advertisement
Do you see our DL being as dominant as our past D-lines? I don't see our DEs on the same level as Phillips, Roche, GR15, Joe Jackson, and Garvin. Where is the penetration and negative plays from our front 7 going to come from this year?
The scheme is conducive to DL production. Someone will take the next step.

The real question is, do we see more of the same in the back 7?

2020 Defense:
Manny's Defensive System
Blake calls plays

2021:
Manny's Defensive System
Manny calls plays

MAYBE there will be more aggression, but the System is fundamentally flawed as it is designed to ignore tightends and running backs, and keep everything in front of you. It has linebackers occupy blockers so the safeties can make the tackles.

You cant forget that it does not matter who is coaching. Those coaches have to have their philosophy, techniques, responsibilities,...signed off by Manny.

We've put out some truly awful film from this season, but have a lot of starters returning. Manny will still play favorites, so youre still going to see Ivey, McCloud, and Jennings start with a steadily diminishing role.

I'd bet money we lose to Alabama, Michigan St, UNC, and NC St. The Pitt, VT, and UVA games were all close this year. Im not expecting anything good from this team next year.
And you said we are fundamentally flawed. We will look good to great against ****** teams and not be able to stop good offenses.

We are out of alignment at the snap frequently and that when even I can see we are going to get gashed.

Hey ******, my screen-name is my real name. Why dont we meet up and we can place some bets on next season since you want to be an OPTIMIST about this regime?

Since all you do is criticize people about being pessimistic which is newspeak for being realistic.

Delusional ****.
Wow. You’re a real tough guy. Must be nice to be so scary.

That said - I was just curious about why you thought msu was going to beat us in a game... 9 months from now. I thought maybe you had some inside knowledge about the prospects of spartan football, and I was genuinely intrigued. But no, you disappointed me with your same old sad sack tired *** soft shouldered mopery. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
Wow. You’re a real tough guy. Must be nice to be so scary.

That said - I was just curious about why you thought msu was going to beat us in a game... 9 months from now. I thought maybe you had some inside knowledge about the prospects of spartan football, and I was genuinely intrigued. But no, you disappointed me with your same old sad sack tired *** soft shouldered mopery. Thanks a lot.
I provided you with multiple thoughts on what brought me to my conclusion.

They were, in order:

System is fundamentally flawed

Those coaches have to have their philosophy, techniques, responsibilities,...signed off by Manny

We've put out some truly awful film from this season

have a lot of starters returning

Manny will still play favorites

Clearly you dont know how to read or analyze information.

PRO TIP: No one on this board has actual insider information. Even the parents of players, and former walk-ons dont have gouge.

I provided you with multiple thoughts on what brought me to my conclusion.

They were, in order:

System is fundamentally flawed

Those coaches have to have their philosophy, techniques, responsibilities,...signed off by Manny

We've put out some truly awful film from this season

have a lot of starters returning

Manny will still play favorites

Clearly you dont know how to read or analyze information.

PRO TIP: No one on this board has actual insider information. Even the parents of players, and former walk-ons dont have gouge.
None of that has anything to do with “probably” getting beat by a team that managed all of 18 points a game (last in their conference) and lost to Rutgers (hadn’t won a conference game in a millennia) last year.

None of that has anything to do with “probably” getting beat by a team that managed all of 18 points a game (last in their conference) and lost to Rutgers (hadn’t won a conference game in a millennia) last year.
I guess you missed what I posted right after.

"The season opener is going to crush the spirit of the team and may even cause some injuries and opt-outs. The App State is also going to be really tough. Playing a third non-conference game in a row is just asking for problems.

We know the defensive coaches dont study film and prepare for opponents the right way.

Honestly, now that I think about it, we're more likely to lose to App State then Michigan State. The offense should be able to keep us in that one."

I guess you missed what I posted right after.

"The season opener is going to crush the spirit of the team and may even cause some injuries and opt-outs. The App State is also going to be really tough. Playing a third non-conference game in a row is just asking for problems.

We know the defensive coaches dont study film and prepare for opponents the right way.

Honestly, now that I think about it, we're more likely to lose to App State then Michigan State. The offense should be able to keep us in that one."
No. I read it. Hence the original reply.

But I’m Not sure why you thought posting the exact same substance-less dreck and just swapping “msu” with “app state” as the ****** team that’s going to beat us (because... reasons) was going to change my mind.

Advertisement
Back