Best transfers ever (list)

Advertisement
This is a minor detail, but Randy Moss never enrolled at Notre Dame. How could he transfer from a school he never attended? He attended FSU, but was expelled for parole violations, so FSU to Marshall is accurate, but he never enrolled/attended ND.

Does that mean Seantrell Henderson transferred from USC to Miami? He never attended USC and was released from his LOI. Moss was released from his LOI from ND in the same manner (Albeit very different circumstances).

Imagine Moss, Coles, and Warrick on the field at the same time, along with Dunn.

lulz that FSU offense would’ve been unreal
There was a famous story from that day. Mario Edwards was interviewed once (keep in mind he was one of the top recruits in the country). He said they were doing 1x1s and he thought “I’ll go up against Warwick - that guy is a qb, he can’t be any good”. Mario got smoked. Next time down he said I’ll take the kid from West Virginia and ya tu sabes. Said he’d never been so humbled in his life.

Advertisement
This is a minor detail, but Randy Moss never enrolled at Notre Dame. How could he transfer from a school he never attended? He attended FSU, but was expelled for parole violations, so FSU to Marshall is accurate, but he never enrolled/attended ND.

Does that mean Seantrell Henderson transferred from USC to Miami? He never attended USC and was released from his LOI. Moss was released from his LOI from ND in the same manner (Albeit very different circumstances).
NCAA treated ND not allowing him to enroll as a transfer somehow.

Advertisement
Honestly, when I thought of UM transfers, first thought was Jeremy Shockey.

He still in my mind, holds one of the top 5 signiture moments in UM history; the catch vs. FSU in 2000.

Moss is a bit unique in that he had no choice but to transfer. That said, he's clearly No.1.

I scrimmaged with him and FSU's basketball team several times over the summer while he was in Tallahassee. He was the best player on the court. One day, he came into a private scrimmage wearing all UM gear, high as balls, and just dominated.

Been around a lot of great athletes in my day. Sean Taylor is the only dude on his level of freak that I've ever seen.
Scrimmaging with Sean Taylor in the old UM women's basketball gym remains as Top 3 freakiest athlete experiences. And, he was barely trying. Dude could jump jump. Cot****.

Didn't get the chance to be on the same court, but watched Carl Walker in some IM games, who could also really jump. Kevin Beard threw him some lobs.

Scrimmaging with Sean Taylor in the old UM women's basketball gym remains as Top 3 freakiest athlete experiences. And, he was barely trying. Dude could jump jump. Cot****.

Didn't get the chance to be on the same court, but watched Carl Walker in some IM games, who could also really jump. Kevin Beard threw him some lobs.

Would have loved to play or watch ST play.

I didn't play with those guys but I was hooping back in 99 and hooped with Campbell (RIP), Howard Clark, Delvin Brown, Tana and Reed. Reed's shoulders were obscene. CC was a bull in a china shop playing - did not want to get in his way. Delvin Brown was so jacked and strong it was crazy. I was lining up for a 3 and Howard Clark must have been in the paint area and in literally one step he jumped so high and fast that he (easily) blocked my shot. I was shook the rest of the game. lol

Advertisement

I watched SeanTay throw down Tomahawk Dunks in that Gym in 2003...in front of Glen Rice and several other FB players....

I played a 3-on-3 game at the wellness center against Kellen Winslow Jr. and these two REALLY OLD guys back in '03, and all I can say is: I'm glad their wives weren't there.

Advertisement
DB Tom Beier was the second Hurricane picked as a Consensus All-American First Team selection (in 1966 by AP, UPI, Coaches, Football Writers, Football News, Walter Camp, N.Y. Daily News, Newspaper Enterprise Assoc.; 2nd Team- Central Press); WR Bill Miller was Miami's 1st Consensus All-American back in 1961. Beier also played in the North-South College All-Star Shrine Game, was Miami's Team MVP in '66, and was selected to the UM HOF in 1990. In the NFL, Beier played for the Dolphins for 3 seasons before being traded to the 49ers. He was a 1964 transfer to the U from Detroit (Mercy) University - which had dropped football!

Last edited:
Only issue is that he was technically a JUCO guy, so not sure if that qualifies. Otherwise, Mount McKinnie and Shockey might be in there too...
Yep, I gotta think that's why some that seem obvious are not. They are not actually "transfers"

Advertisement
Back