Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

Advertisement
Let me put this another way for people that don’t understand what’s really going on here.
THE ACC HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO PHVCK US SCHEDULE WISE.

If we lose to Clemson but win the rest, guess what? We have the same record as Notre Dame.
We will not get the RANKING/POLLS/VOTES to get a chance to win the ACC.
Now we‘re at the mercy of pollers/voters to get in the playoffs and we could of settled it on the field.
You get it?
View attachment 134062
View attachment 134063
Fam sit this one out. Notre Dame could be number 2 in the country and it wouldn't matter. It comes down to strength of schedule, record vs common opponents, etc. Polls, Rankings, Votes are not factored in to who goes to the ACC Championship game

Yea I figured as much. No one with your attitude does anything in sports or even plays.
LOL. Let me guess - your life peaked in high school.

In any case, what does our attitude as fans have anything to do with the team's attitude? I hope we show progress, and I'm sure if we get to 10-1 I'll talk myself into thinking we have a shot vs Clemson. But anyone with a brain can see that they would dominate us again.

Not playing Clemson again means losing to someone we shouldn’t lose to which is worse than (probably) getting dominated by Clemson again.

Would rather be 10-1 and lose to Clemson 45-10 in the ACCCG than be 9-2 or 8-3 with no ACCCG appearance and losses to UNC and/or VT

This is a reason why I follow Krazy. He’s top tier entertainment and when he wants to be - literally the best troll going. He’s so wacko sometimes that we don’t know what is real and what is troll and if this is troll - lol
It's threads like this where I think KrazyCane is truly a troll that needs timeout but then the guy surprises you and puts out another thread a week later with interesting and thoughtful stuff and pulls me back to believing maybe that ****** troll thread was the result of smoking crack that one day and today he's taking a break from the pipe.

Advertisement
It's threads like this where I think KrazyCane is truly a troll that needs timeout but then the guy surprises you and puts out another thread a week later with interesting and thoughtful stuff and pulls me back to believing maybe that ****** troll thread was the result of smoking crack that one day and today he's taking a break from the pipe.
LMAO! I cannot rule crack out... or at least sporadic drug binges. That would actually explain a lot, and in fact, I believe Krazy smokes the leaf so there’s that too.

Not playing Clemson again means losing to someone we shouldn’t lose to which is worse than (probably) getting dominated by Clemson again.

Would rather be 10-1 and lose to Clemson 45-10 in the ACCCG than be 9-2 or 8-3 with no ACCCG appearance and losses to UNC and/or VT
It would actually show true improvement if we beat who we are supposed to beat.

10-1 and avoiding Clemson in cold, wet, ****** Charlotte is the best case scenario unless you're under some delusion that we can compete with Clemson on a big stage with Trevor Lawrence and Brett Venables on the other sideline.

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
Another best case scenario is you borrow a set of nuts and sack up. Get this millennial bs out my face. If we get curb stomped again is what it is we need to get better not avoid good teams and be rewarded ugh.

Actual best case scenario we win the rest of our games, improve steadily and beat whoever tf is in Charlotte with us. If that means Clemson so be it. I wouldn't mind them dropping 2 games along the way and playing ND instead but foh.

Advertisement
Man I am all for us winning out and getting a shot at a Clemson team that has dominated all season.

Think of it this way. If Miami somehow squeaks out a W against Clemson in the ACCCG the ACC might get two teams into the playoff.

You gotta figure the Big 12 is junk and will likely cannibalize itself. The B1G may not play anything resembling a full sched the way things are going in the midwest right now. The SEC has GA and BAMA and not much else. If the SEC does not have any 1 loss teams at seasons end besides their champion then any one loss team from the ACC with that loss being to the number 1 should be a shoe in.

I think we would have a great shot at getting a fair game called if the season has played out in a way where the ACCCG is a match up between an undefeated Clemson and a one loss Miami. gives us a chance at least.

**** the tobacco road mafia may even lean the good guys way in that one in an effort to get both teams in to the playoff if the stars align.

I knew the Gator hater would understand :crownpour:
Next best thing to NC. It is more than football, if that is possible. UF kept South Florida from having a four year state college forever. IF was JC and then UF until finally FAU opened. Mind you I95 did not go to Boca yet so it was 441 or Turnpike and the road east to FAU was one lane each way and campus sucker. We finally got two year upper division FIU on Tamiami Trail in1972. Four year FIU came later still. That is why uf has some many alum. So FL had to go there or private schools - THE U, Biscayne(ST Thomas now) or Berry and I am fairly sure was all girl(upside was Biscayne Dog Tract was right there). I love north FL but would not cry is Gainesville just got lifted up by tornado and dumped on South Bend(and I'm devout Catholic) Sat in rain for the Flop - will never forget. So, you had me exactly right.

We say it here on this site all the time.....competition at every position will only help this team!!!
NO, YOU KEEP FIGHTING YOUR BIG BROTHER , UNTIL YOU'RE BIG ENOUGH AND TOUGH ENOUGH TO WIN!!! BUT, YOU NEVER STOP FIGHTING!!!
COMPETITION , COMPETITON, AND MORE COMPETITION.
We have to get tougher as fans!!!!!

Advertisement
10-1 and avoiding Clemson in cold, wet, ****** Charlotte is the best case scenario unless you're under some delusion that we can compete with Clemson on a big stage with Trevor Lawrence and Brett Venables on the other sideline.
E3023799-2884-4952-9B1D-39DF0FFC141C.gif

I don’t see the correlation between that game and Miami guaranteed to get blown out playing a Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne led Clemson team??

The correlation is that Clemson used to be known for Clemsoning or choking in big games, and have gotten blown out along the way. We got young guys on this team, the more experiences in those types of games the better. Stop trying to protect them. You want to know what a certain level is then you have to play those at that level. The goal is to get to the ACC championship every year and win. You can’t win unless you go. You can’t say well we won’t win so let’s win out but hope we don’t go. That’s absurd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we would have a great shot at getting a fair game called if the season has played out in a way where the ACCCG is a match up between an undefeated Clemson and a one loss Miami. gives us a chance at least.

**** the tobacco road mafia may even lean the good guys way in that one in an effort to get both teams in to the playoff if the stars align.
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

OP is absolutely correct

Enough of the fake tough guy sh*t from people on here with the “anyone, anywhere, anytime” bullsh*t.
Why play a team again that you have zero chance of beating only to get embarrassed once again on National TV.

Finish 10-1 (highly unlikely), play in a NY6 Bowl and somehow get lucky and win. Sign a top recruiting class and maybe that momentum is enough to convince King to stay.
AND NOW HIS GIRLFRIEND COMES OUT BRUH TAKE THAT SCARED **** SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE.

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

My thoughts?

you’re a *****

1603302314247.gif

Advertisement
Back