Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
We beat ourselves early and often in that game.

You want to support Manny being that next big time head coach to follow Richt? Then he needs to learn and adjust....arguably the best thing for him and the boys is to play the best again.

We took a step backward from a $4.5 million head coach we were FINALLY able to spend some money in.....now we have a guy learning on the job. The best way to learn is to get thrown into the fire....and that be Clem$on in our conference.

Advertisement
I could maybe understand the sentiment if we were dominated like that by FSU, as we recruit against one another more often for in state kids.

Against Clemson though, you always want that game. Hopefully they get all caught up in an attitude of we dominated them already, they'll be a pushover again.

At the very least, we should do a bit better as they would start off with what works. We know this, so we serve up something different.

I still think they handle us with ease. Nobody would expect a win. Close the gap a little, show we're improving, and that's a win. You can sell that to recruits.

Not sure what retort I should give OP... stupid is as stupid does or dumb and dumber. For the life of me, some people really need to find a hobby. Good Lord!

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
***** giving thoughts, here is some good advice for, LEAVE, get yo scary *** as far away from this program as possible, do you realize how ghey that **** is you just posted, bbbyyyeee, leave the key under the mat!

Advertisement
***** giving thoughts, here is some good advice for, LEAVE, get yo scary *** as far away from this program as possible, do you realize how ghey that **** is you just posted, bbbyyyeee, leave the key under the mat!

8B30690A-0A0F-4F5F-9095-4F9F97F4293B.gif

Just imagine we win out, play Clemson again and beat them (anything could happen)! That means we would be in the playoffs!!! I’ll take that all day, everyday and twice on Sunday!!! Go canes!!!!

Advertisement
No this is the worse thing that could happen. We need to see them again for payback. We learn from the game we will be better. But no way we running from them. S.... we got to see Alabama next year so we going to run from them too?

Are there even gonna be any Bowl games this season outside of the Playoffs? And, if there are, how many? Surely would only be a small number.

Thoughts?

Beta take

Advertisement
Wtf!? Of course you play them again!!!! These boys/men want to play and if that means beat downs so be it. Of course we play and I bet they would all say the same. Cannot believe this post- the most pussified post ever on this board

What’s this vote? Doesn’t it going by highest ranked if teams are tied with no h2h.
Isn’t ranking a vote? Would UM out rank ND with the same record?
It’s literally called the AP POLL & The Coaches POLL. A poll is a vote.

Advertisement
There isn’t a single circumstance where I’d choose not going to the ACCCG over going. That scenario doesn’t exist, and I think it’s obvious... I don’t care who we might play. Sorry, I can’t get down with this.

OP is absolutely correct

Enough of the fake tough guy sh*t from people on here with the “anyone, anywhere, anytime” bullsh*t.
Why play a team again that you have zero chance of beating only to get embarrassed once again on National TV.

Finish 10-1 (highly unlikely), play in a NY6 Bowl and somehow get lucky and win. Sign a top recruiting class and maybe that momentum is enough to convince King to stay.

Have you ever played any sports? if so did you play?
Lol huh? Why did you ask the same question twice, but once in italics?

I played some sports when I was a kid, sure. I, along with all the other keyboard warriors on here, don't currently play for the 2020 University of Miami football team though, which is the point. I guess you missed that.

IF IF IF we have competent coaching, two things should happen. (1) We get better as the season progresses and play them tougher and can actually see we got better as the season progressed. When was the last time we could say that? (2) Manny and co. have a clear game plan as to where we need to improve so that it becomes a focus in recruiting and offseason. It should not be too hard to find the championship blueprint. They're in our **** conference. Learn and copy them.
Yes we will get better as the season progresses. So will Clemson.

What difference does it make that we're in the same conference as Clemson? Mississippi St is in the same division as Bama. Why does that matter? Should Miss St be as good as Bama?

Advertisement
Back