Best recruit ever

In person: Antone Smith, Tyrone Moss & Patrick Peterson

Overall: Seantrel Henderson, Clowney, Fournette, Bryce Brown (sigh), Trev Lawerence

Advertisement
In-person Jabrill Peppers. Was a monster on defense, return punts, and kickoffs, then line up in the wildcat. Also saw Rashan Gary but he wasn't as dominant in HS as he was once he grew into his body.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From PA…and I know he was a Nole. Dan Kendra. He was truly a man amongst boys. Could run through you or by you. Big time arm. Unreal regimen in high school the way he ate and trained. Hurt his knee in a spring game and was never the same. But held a bunch of weight room records at FSU. Was going to make the Colts as a Fb but decided he wanted to join the Navy and become a Navy Seal. Passed every test but his body was breaking down so they basically made him retire. Should have went to PSU or ND and been a LB.
Dan was proof what you can achieve when you match a crazy intensity/work ethic with PEDs. Dude is probably working out somewhere right now.

LaVar Arrington was a pretty big deal coming out of high school.
DJ Williams was even bigger a few years later.
Arrington was one of the best college players I saw in person, he was dominant in that '99 game at the OB. Of course Miami still should have won that game and would have if not for a horrible spot by the refs

Advertisement
Just popped in to say my dawg Perryman was a ******* animal and that's why Lane and Saban would pop in to visit him at Gables.

All the usual suspects and amazing answers already been done

One guy I remember being wowed by his tape was Jermaine McKenzie

Felt terrible for that kid IIRC on his tape he did the filthiest thing I’ve ever seen someone do to a defensive player

I saw Quan Bolden when he was QB for Pahokee and he was unbelievable. In a state playoff semifinal he ran for over 300 yards, passed for about 400 yards and accounted for 7 TDs. Was better than any kid I ever saw from the Muck. I don't think he got tackled one time in that game [he did run out of bounds a few times]!!! That team lost in the state finals and in his post game interview the WINNING head coach didn't want to talk about winning the state championship, instead he talked the entire time about how historic Bolden was-best player he had ever seen. He said something like he was ready for the NFL right then. Of course, Bolden went to FSU and became a WR and after his NFL career was voted into the NFL HOF.

Advertisement
In person, Mike Hart and Quentin Gause...wish I coulda watched Jarron Jones or Seven Banks live, top flight prospects in WNY are certainly not a dime a dozen like yall got down there lmao.

Film? Oof, this one's tough as it is subjective...I guesssssss from the top of my head ill show my age... Noel Devine, Reggie Bush, Dalvin Cook. Honorable mention to Dorial Green Beckham even though the competition was sus
*note for film im going with the funnest to watch. Im way too naive to say who is the best haha*

Was it Lavar Arrington that wanted to be a Cane but for some reason he wasnt (grades, no interest on our end?)

I swear I read that somewhere...**** thats an off season thread "Kids that want to or should have been at Miami" which at times is touched on anyway.

Advertisement
Willie Williams (Carol City) is the best HS player I've ever seen.
I was just going to say WW. He is proof positive that NO ONE is a sure bet as a HS prospect. He should've had an AA career, won the Butkus and been a 1st rounder. He is the prime example that although you need to recruit well and you're better off getting highly rated HS kids than not, NO ONE is a sure thing.

Was it Lavar Arrington that wanted to be a Cane but for some reason he wasnt (grades, no interest on our end?)

I swear I read that somewhere...**** thats an off season thread "Kids that want to or should have been at Miami" which at times is touched on anyway.

He wanted to be a Cane but a certain assistant for the semenholes sent his parents pictures of the Marlin Barnes murder scene and scared his parents away from us. That semenhole coach had man *****.

He wanted to be a Cane but a certain assistant for the semenholes sent his parents pictures of the Marlin Barnes murder scene and scared his parents away from us. That semenhole coach had man *****.
Thats right.. I can tell you a random fact too. That guy with man *****...one of his closest childhood friends was a diehard Cane fan (passed away from MS). They went to HS together. I graduated with his son who went to Miami. He got them sideline passes for Miami/FSU games for years.

(Doesnt mean I condone it...just odd that he would do that..but some coaches will go to any length in recruiting).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back