Best player ever from the U?

Advertisement
Between Reed, Saap and Hendricks. All 3 dominated in college and pros, but got to go with Hendricks due to him taking the CFB DE position to a whole new level.

Approve.gif

Kuechly couldn't hold Morgans jockstrap

These are the only players that have singled-handedly won a Canes Football game:

1. Sean Taylor v. FSU 2003

2. Edgerrin James v. UCLA 1998

That’s where the list starts and ends as far as the greatest Canes.

Advertisement
Jim Kelly has to be considered given the
impact he had on this program and his pro resume.

Someone mentioned accolades.
When an accolade is named after you, you're doing some good things.
Ted Hendricks is it.
Jim Kelly has to be considered given the
impact he had on this program and his pro resume.

Someone mentioned accolades.
When an accolade is named after you, you're doing some good things.
Ted Hendricks is it.
Agree with you about Kelly. His UM supporting cast on offense was pretty lame.

Brah... with all due respect to the other 20 worthwhile candidates this honor belongs to Sean Taylor. I would very much like to have canes players only poll. Pretty sure u would get the same a answer

71xoEFdezTL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Not saying Darrin was the best but he's known as Mr. 2 for 2 for being, If I'm correct the only player to win 2 National Titles and 2 Super Bowls..

Advertisement
Loved reading all the contributions to this thread. Was at the U from 89-92 and didn't know a lot of the stats about Hendricks.
** PLEASE MANNY, GET THIS THING ROLLING AGAIN! **

Bernie Kosar led us to our first national title as a redshirt freshman (threw for 300 yds), finished 4th in heisman voting as a redshirt soph, was essentially the #1 pick in the 1984 draft. Still to this day holds the Canes records for single season passing yards and career comp%. Maybe Reed was better, but I’d say Kosar was the best at the most important position.

Hendricks nickname, The Mad Stork.
He was called that for his body type, obviously.
I wonder if it was also because he was playing for a team that had a stork-like bird as a mascot?

Advertisement
There are five Canes on the NFL 100 team. Reed, Lewis, Hendricks, Otto, Hester. If you put together college and pro I’m going Hendricks>Lewis>Reed. But it is very close.

True. But being arguably the best middle linebacker ever surpasses being arguably the best safety ever IMO. Lewis was just more impactful on the game on a play by play basis.

Advertisement
Are you referring to the best player while at Miami or a player who had the best NFL career?

If it's NFL career then it's
1. Ray Lewis
2. Ed Reed
3. Frank Gore
4. Edgerin James
5. Michael Irvin.

If it's based of the U career

1. Sean Taylor
2. Ed Reed
3. Dan Morgan
4. Jerome Brown
5. Duke Johnson

Are you referring to the best player while at Miami or a player who had the best NFL career?

If it's NFL career then it's
1. Ray Lewis
2. Ed Reed
3. Frank Gore
4. Edgerin James
5. Michael Irvin.

If it's based of the U career

1. Sean Taylor
2. Ed Reed
3. Dan Morgan
4. Jerome Brown
5. Duke Johnson
Whole career, I say It’s Ed Reed pretty easily honestly. Some other guys have great cases as well though

Advertisement
Back