Best player ever from the U?

Advertisement
You can tell the age of fans in this thread.

For me:

1) Warren Sapp
2) Sean Taylor
3) Jerome Brown
4) Michael Irvin
5) Ed Reed

Honorable mention (candidates for top 10): Cortez Kennedy/Russell Maryland, Mckinnie (best ever season for OL here. Leon Searcy number 2 OL), Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, McGahee, Bennie Blades (as a collegiate I have Bennie Blades basically nearly equal to Ed Reed. Daryl Williams isn’t far behind), Reggie Wayne, pick a qb, and have to have Ted Hendricks and Jim Otto in there (maybe Otis Anderson, too).

If Rousseau has another double digit sack season and stays for his redshirt junior season, you may think he will be approaching top 10 status. But he has to approach Stubbs first (39.5 sacks!) to even merit any consideration.

This program has had some monsters.

During my time following the Canes, I would have to say Mcgahee, ST/Reed, Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Portis, Wilfork in that order.

I have to put Mcgahee first off the strength of him touching the ball more and having more chances to dominate then ST or Reed.

Advertisement
Depends on the definition of "best player". Production? Titles? Awards?

I never thought I'd see a player I'd consider better than Marino. But Sean Taylor stands head and shoulders above any other player I have ever seen. His talent and impact on games was truly indescribable. He would have dominated anywhere, CB, DE, LB, RB, WR, TE.

This is one of my favourite ST videos, no music, just the redskins home broadcast commentary. Those guys gradually start to realise just how special the kid was during this one:

Advertisement
Sean Taylor was better in college and it’s not debatable
source.gif

I read best player ever from the U.... that means NFL production in my eyes. If it said at the U that would be a different story.

Op.. You're correct. We've had a lot and it is debatable.. But Ed Reed is the GOAT for the U.

Advertisement
EReed20boi was GREAT......But was he really better than Bennie and Sean while at The U?

Was he a better player than...........Irvin, Sapp, Stubbs, Barrow, Armstead, and all the rest of the greats that came before him?

He has an argument for sure, but i'm not sure it's definitive
Sapp and ST are the only debatable ones. **** if Sapp balled out in 93 like he did in 94 he would probably be 1 without a doubt.

Sapp had a great College and pro career... Woulda been nice for him to get a NT here but still did awesome at the college level... Was dominant at the pro level for a while and was one of the main reasons Tampa won a Super Bowl... Not saying anyone is better than the other... All the players deserve praise but all have their bullet points and they're all solid...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back