Best player ever from the U?

Ed Reed.

Unreal in college and even better as a pro. His last three years at UM are as elite as elite gets. It’s hard to find a better college / pro combination anywhere.

Jerome would’ve had a say in the league if not for the wreck.

Advertisement
UMs ONLY 3 Time 1st team AA...Would've been 4 time...but Frosh couldn't play in the 60s....Also Multiple Pro Bowler at 2 different positions.....
101765914_3370049129695905_2710336967500689289_o.jpg

Advertisement
Ed Reed.

Unreal in college and even better as a pro. His last three years at UM are as elite as elite gets. It’s hard to find a better college / pro combination anywhere.

Jerome would’ve had a say in the league if not for the wreck.
Reed was the best ball hawking safety ever. It was a truly a blessing to watch his career. Imo he’s the Miami goat. Not only his play at Miami but his “I’m hurt dawg” speech is one of the most iconic clips in football history and we don’t even have to speak on what he did in the nfl. He truly embodies what being a cane is all about and deeply loves the program

Reed was the best ball hawking safety ever. It was a truly a blessing to watch his career. Imo he’s the Miami goat. Not only his play at Miami but his “I’m hurt dawg” speech is one of the most iconic clips in football history and we don’t even have to speak on what he did in the nfl. He truly embodies what being a cane is all about and deeply loves the program
Wasnt reeds only other offer like marshall to? Or was it another college

Advertisement
OK, first off, I'm going to say something that hurts me to say b/c of my affinity of ST26:
2003 BCS bowl game: If Ed Reed makes that same interception, he doesn't get stripped by Maurice Clarett. ST26 is by far the most naturally gifted S we've ever seen, imo. Imo, he would've had a better overall career, statistcially, than ER20 b/c he was truly a manchild. BUT ER20's IQ and natural instincts for the game? Talk to any elite CFB or NFL coach and they'll tell you ER was second to none at baiting the best QBs to think a WR was wide open and once he got the ball in his hand, he goes from DB to RB immediately.

Now, as far as best at Miami? Imma have to go Dan Morgan, and the only reason why his career at Miami gets skipped, despite him being our most decorated player is b/c his NFL career was cut short due to injuries. But a healthy NFL Dan Morgan was a dominant Dan Morgan like he was at Miami. (See his most healthy campaign in 2004) I don't think Dan ever played more than 75% of any NFL season b/c he was always dealing w/ injuries and migraines. But that's why his career here get glossed over.

Advertisement
Do people forget Ted Hendricks and Jim Otto payed here?
My vote is always for The Mad Stork. Jim might actually be the GOAT NFL Cane but our newer players are hard to beat. If you didn't see Ted play, if is hard to understand why he is above guys like Ed Reed, ST,rip, and Ray. The guy was a over sized T-rex with unbelievably long arms and gear like hands on the field. You could not run away from him, your ONLY choice was to run straight at him and pray. In the NFL he was the only player that Jimmy the Greek would give one point to the team he was on just because he was on it. Reason? It was hard to find a game where did not block a punt, field goal and extra point. Remember we are not talking about some modern QB being worth points regardless of team. Ted is our GOAT.

Now, Mr Ed Reed was frigging unbelievable difference maker and but for Ted, a clear GOAT. Heck I will give him GOAT 1A, because he made the difference on the field on a team with greats everywhere. ST, rip, was not human. He was like a si fi creature. BUT he failed to be the difference in the biggest game of his life (college) when he let some smuck steal his pick 6. Score that 100 yard six and ST would be the untouchable GOAT. Ask yourself, does Ed Reed get stripped that night? **** no. But at Miami, the GOAT is a matter on a second or two because we have guys like Ray Lewis, maybe GOAT of entire NFL, Jim Kelly, Playmaker, Tez, JB, two Heisman winners, several number one picks, a guy like Edge, and the QB who gave us that first NC against all odds, sitting on the sideline trying to get into the discussion.

We have some many who are so great that GOAT does not suffice but there can be only one. For a me, Ted gets the nod in a photo finish with about a dozen guys. He was a CANE before there was THE U. He in many ways is the OC so to speak. The dude was, lets say quirky. It was a very white straight lace time in CG when he was here but Ted could have rolled into any team in the glory years and been the ring leader of all things fun. Heck, I am not if sure a lot of "guys" could have rode with Ted. Ask, Mike. Playmaker as much as said so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back