Best player ever from the U?

Said it all there. You're not able to watch film and understand at all apparently what's going on. Film is timeless. Doesn't take some genius level **** to comprehend what's going on. Only thing that differs is knowing the difference in rules(enforcement)& style of play. That's like saying you watch basketball and don't see how people think Michael Jordan was so dominant.
Lol how does me not watching him in his prime mean I can't understand breaking down film? I'm referring to if you're watching Hendricks live you need to be in yours 50s to be old enough to watch his film live and understand it.

Advertisement
Sean was Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater 2.00000.

Steve Atwater wasn't even close to being the overall gamebreaker Sean and Ronnie were. Atwater could hit, he was a glorified linebacker. Not overly great in coverage, not nearly as dangerous with the ball as Lott and Taylor. Even Ronnie wasn't that dangerous with the ball in his hands. You could have started ST at tailback and had a HOF player. Taylor could be instant offense, few players in league history have been able to do that on the defensive side.

Ed Reed was better than ST (RIP) in college and the pros but he wasn’t 6’3 220 nor a 5 star recruit coming out it high school (Same reason he dropped to the Ravens) so he still gets underrated by some

ST wasn't some 5 star player coming out either. A lot of schools forgot about him due to an injury.

The GOAT to me is Sean Taylor ashamed he is gone. He would have all the records in the NFL

Advertisement
Steve Atwater wasn't even close to being the overall gamebreaker Sean and Ronnie were. Atwater could hit, he was a glorified linebacker. Not overly great in coverage, not nearly as dangerous with the ball as Lott and Taylor. Even Ronnie wasn't that dangerous with the ball in his hands. You could have started ST at tailback and had a HOF player. Taylor could be instant offense, few players in league history have been able to do that on the defensive side.
Thanks for educating me on one of my best friends. Instead of lecturing me you could ask what I'm implying. The point in saying he's them but far better is the comparison to how they were known as some of the most punishing safeties in league history. They were both primarily box safeties but Ronnie atleast had good range. Sean was a box safety with elite range and length. His closing speed made him elite. Besides that what a DB can do with the ball is simply an added perk. What we do without the ball is what gets us paid.

ST wasn't some 5 star player coming out either. A lot of schools forgot about him due to an injury.
Not sure what injury you're speaking about. Academics is why alot of schools didn't go after him on top of competition. Recruiting was more about who you know at the time. Also just realized a few people said Sean was a 5 star. Not sure if u said that too. Someone said that's what seperates him And Ed. Ed was a 2 or 3 star. Sean to almost everywhere was a 3 star. He was just ranked high in Dade county

Not sure what injury you're speaking about. Academics is why alot of schools didn't go after him on top of competition. Recruiting was more about who you know at the time. Also just realized a few people said Sean was a 5 star. Not sure if u said that too. Someone said that's what seperates him And Ed. Ed was a 2 or 3 star. Sean to almost everywhere was a 3 star. He was just ranked high in Dade county

Sean suffered a minor leg injury his junior year at Gulliver, which kinda killed some of the buzz he had coming into his senior year. It was discussed in the Cane Mutiny book. That said, Sean was a 3 star guy coming out, he wasn't some crazy highly ranked guy.

Advertisement
Watching highlights of a player isn't the same as being able to watch him play live every season.

Not trying to turn this into a generational thing, but keep in mind...

There was a time before ESPN. Before the NFL Network. Before DirecTV Sunday Ticket.

There was a time when you would get 3 NFL games per week. Period. The 1 pm game, the 4 pm game, and Monday Night Football.

Even if you were alive when Ted Hendricks roamed the earth, unless you lived in Oakland, you probably didn't see many of his games live or on live TV.

Enjoy YouTube, it's really not much better/worse than what people had access to on live TV in the 70s and 80s.

Sean Taylor tops my list, but I can only imagine how McGahee’s NFL career would have gone sans the National Title injury.

Having said that, kick returner is a seldom celebrated position, but Hester produced about as much as any other player on the field as p/k returner alone!

Ted Hendricks would own every sack record imaginable if they kept sack records back then. Can't remember which coach said it, but they said Hendricks had 100 sacks in his three years here.

There is a reason there is a major award named after him.
Also, UPI (United Press International) lineman of the year for 1968. This award covered both offensive and defensive lineman.

Advertisement
Ted Hendricks was the most dominant Canes player I can remember. If you never saw him play, you really missed something. He was the best tackler I have ever seen. Teams would redirect their offensive plays away from him for entire games. After him, I wouls single oyt Reed, Taylor, McKinnie and Jerome Brown.
He was constantly double teamed and it didn't work. If they ran to his side he would usually blow up the play, so opposing teams avoided running to his side.

Ted Hendricks was the most dominant Canes player I can remember. If you never saw him play, you really missed something. He was the best tackler I have ever seen. Teams would redirect their offensive plays away from him for entire games. After him, I wouls single oyt Reed, Taylor, McKinnie and Jerome Brown.
Mckinnie has no business on that list....Only played 2yrs at UM....If your gonna put an OLman on that list it should be Leon Searcy...

Sean suffered a minor leg injury his junior year at Gulliver, which kinda killed some of the buzz he had coming into his senior year. It was discussed in the Cane Mutiny book. That said, Sean was a 3 star guy coming out, he wasn't some crazy highly ranked guy.
So a Minor injury his Jr yr caused some Buzz??....C'mon Man...I was close friends with Sean...and I'm still friends with his Dad...I never once heard any of that....NO slight injury caused Sean to be a 3*...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back