Best player ever from the U?

Actually I definitely saw Ted. I spent plenty of days with Ted and his wife. But you're still not just clarifying you meant in a 4-3 or Mike capacity. Plenty of legit linebackers play in a 3-4. Still do. To insinuate lt couldn't do it all isn't accurate either. Regardless I ain't trying to take the focus off ray or anyone else y'all mentioned. It's simply clarifying that it's alot deeper than being able to say best ever bar none.
I apologise then.. I didn't realize how old you were.

Advertisement
Now there can be many considered for this title but it’s Ed Reed imo. Truly special talent and a once in a generation player. There will never be another player like him

OP, are you asking at the collegiate level only or looking at both college and pro?

For me, it’s Jerome Brown. His college career was simply amazing. He was exceptional at both stopping the run and getting to the QB. I believe he’s still top 10 in sacks at UM and for a DT that’s **** impressive. Plus, doing it at a time when college teams didn’t pass that much, nothing like today.

OP, are you asking at the collegiate level only or looking at both college and pro?

For me, it’s Jerome Brown. His college career was simply amazing. He was exceptional at both stopping the run and getting to the QB. I believe he’s still top 10 in sacks at UM and for a DT that’s **** impressive. Plus, doing it at a time when college teams didn’t pass that much, nothing like today.
Reeds numbers go beyond that in college, was just as dominant at a different position. I’m talking more so both college plus nfl career

Advertisement
Sean Taylor and Ted Hendricks were uniquely dominant players that could take over game from defensive positions that weren't always glamour positions. Hendricks was LT before LT when one looks at how he was utilized. ST was a quantum leap in regards to what a safety could be.

You have to be in your 50s to watch his prime years and be old enough to understand it.

With the advent of youtube, that isn't an excuse anymore. I'm fully aware of what Ted did, and there are plenty of videos that show how he did what he did. You can watch complete games in which Ted almost singlehandedly destroyed another team's offense with his unique athletic ability and size.

Advertisement
With the advent of youtube, that isn't an excuse anymore. I'm fully aware of what Ted did, and there are plenty of videos that show how he did what he did. You can watch complete games in which Ted almost singlehandedly destroyed another team's offense with his unique athletic ability and size.
Watching highlights of a player isn't the same as being able to watch him play live every season.

Watching highlights of a player isn't the same as being able to watch him play live every season.

Watching FULL GAMES of a player no matter when you watch them is sufficient. You forget that places like the NFL network now consistently air old games, in their entirety. There are channels on Youtube in which they have full NFL games from the 70s and 80s, with the commercials they were aired with. Film is film.

Advertisement
Ed Reed was better than ST (RIP) in college and the pros but he wasn’t 6’3 220 nor a 5 star recruit coming out it high school (Same reason he dropped to the Ravens) so he still gets underrated by some

I apologise then.. I didn't realize how old you were.
I'm nowhere near as old as that comment implies. Simply stating I've know Ted very well for a long time. Did I ever see him play in person, no. I've seen plenty of his film though cause when he drinks(which he does often)he likes to reminisce.

Advertisement
You have to be in your 50s to watch his prime years and be old enough to understand it.
Said it all there. You're not able to watch film and understand at all apparently what's going on. Film is timeless. Doesn't take some genius level **** to comprehend what's going on. Only thing that differs is knowing the difference in rules(enforcement)& style of play. That's like saying you watch basketball and don't see how people think Michael Jordan was so dominant.

Sean Taylor and Ted Hendricks were uniquely dominant players that could take over game from defensive positions that weren't always glamour positions. Hendricks was LT before LT when one looks at how he was utilized. ST was a quantum leap in regards to what a safety could be.
Sean was Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater 2.00000.

Advertisement
Back