Best philly cheese steaks.

Just the Bread alone is insane...Unbelievable Sandwiches....
Benefit of living in the Northeast. We are spoiled by great bread. I don’t know what the **** Im gonna do about the bread situation when I retire and live in FL for half the year. The bread in Florida just sucks for the most part. Gotta be in the water. I feel like it’s as bad 30 years ago as it is today

Advertisement
Benefit of living in the Northeast. We are spoiled by great bread. I don’t know what the **** Im gonna do about the bread situation when I retire and live in FL for half the year. The bread in Florida just sucks for the most part. Gotta be in the water. I feel like it’s as bad 30 years ago as it is today
Water has alot to do with it...(Niagara Falls)...Wood burning Ovens as well....I think they're outlawed unless your Grandfathered in (Fire Hazard)...Thats what sets NYC Pizza and Bakeries apart...Best Water in the U.S...

Advertisement
Advertisement
So true. You can find good bread in Florida, but it is rare and hard to find.

Whats the word on DiNic's roast pork. I only know about that from Adam Richmonds show. I heard that mall has a lot of good food in that location.
Reading terminal is fun for a foodie. Lot of great stuff in there. Always grab a few prime aged ribeyes to bring home. God bless some of those omish stores. Their **** is fresh. Don’t go there and not get a dozen of Beilers doughnuts. Game changer. Dinics roast pork sandwich is good for sure. Sometimes the line is super long. I’m not sure but they may have closed the market on Sundays.

Advertisement
Buy a blackstone flattop. Grill your bread, get a ribeye sliced thin, sautee some shallots and mushrooms and melt some horseradish cheese.
This could be your best post ever. I like mine with grilled onion and peppers. Boar's head horseradish cheddar and shaved eye round.

Been debating a Blackstone, but I'm trying to minimize the amount of stuff I have, so it will wait.

If you're ever in Jensen Beach, get an RBS at Shakra's. Roast beef, provolone, and a burgundy wine gravy.

Not sure...but Chicago is a Wonderful Foodie Town...
💯. Great places. A few years ago I was there and went to a place called Chicago Cut. They had a bone in prime rib called The Holy Grail. I went for it. It was so **** good apparently I was having an ****** at the table. A man walked up and appreciated how much I was enjoying it. Ended up was the Head Manager. We got to talking and he took me back for a tour of the meat locker where all of their Prime beef is dry aging. Good times. Highly recommend.

Advertisement
💯. Great places. A few years ago I was there and went to a place called Chicago Cut. They had a bone in prime rib called The Holy Grail. I went for it. It was so **** good apparently I was having an ****** at the table. A man walked up and appreciated how much I was enjoying it. Ended up was the Head Manager. We got to talking and he took me back for a tour of the meat locker where all of their Prime beef is dry aging. Good times. Highly recommend.
Dry aging is the GOAT

What about
3F676E0A-E171-4D9B-9155-D6E866EF7C7B.jpeg

No one tagged me or @MainLineCane ? Shame.

Lol don't go to the traps. Dalessandro's in Roxborough on Henry Avenue, Max's on the corner of Germantown and Erie in north Philly, Jim's on South Street, Leo's in Sharon Hill and one of my favorite hidden gems in South Philly, Gooie Louie's off of this street called Moyamensing Avenue. Pagano's fell off, don't go there and I don't do jersey unless I'm down the shore so I don't know about their steaks.
The one time I visited Philly we went to Jim's. It was bland to me and the wife. Next time, based on the many food shows I've seen, I'll do Pat's or Dalessandro's. I make cheese steaks with white american cheese and my NJ cousins love them.

I could go for a couple now that you mention it. Like most food questions/suggestions, you will get some varied responses and everyone has their favorites. A lot has to do with your individual tastes. Personally I prefer the ribeye slices whole and not shaved or chopped so I tend to lean towards places that do it that way, but can appreciate any style. Of course you can dig in some side street corners and find a gem or 2 which I have, but also been burned a few times and would rather have had dog****. If anyone is craving one and doesnt live nearby, a couple places do ship them through Goldbelly (great app for foodies)

Steve's Prince of Steaks = One of my absolute favorites
Sonny's = Im a fan
Ishkabibbles = This is where I disagree with some...a know a number of people that love it. I think they are terrible.
Dellasandros = They really chop up the meat super fine...almost like ground beef...but I keep going back once in a while, no wrong choice there and probably my favorite that chops it up
Campo's = Overated
John's Roast Pork = Dont sleep on them, pretty **** good Philly
Max's = Never been there but Ive heard good things from a number of people
Tony Luke's = Overated...they got skimpy on the meat.
Jim's= Not terrible. Personally not a big fan
Pats/Geno's = This is where I'll catch some flack. Its touristy and cliche, but they are consistent. I dont mind them at all..but probably in part goes back to liking my steak in whole strips. If she is going to bring a cooler and bring some home for you, Geno's travels better than Pat's. Geno puts the whiz on 1st, then the meat. Pat's puts it on last so by the time you get home, its stuck to the wrapper.
Pat’s extra whiz for travel and bring me at least one back.

Advertisement
Back