Best philly cheese steaks.

Used to hit Chubby's across the street from Dalessandro's as well. Went to school a few years right down the street from both of them.
Would always hit up Chubby's when I was working in Roxborough. Ran into Joe Frazier there, a couple of times. It's light years better than D'Allessandro's.

Advertisement
Benefit of living in the Northeast. We are spoiled by great bread. I don’t know what the **** Im gonna do about the bread situation when I retire and live in FL for half the year. The bread in Florida just sucks for the most part. Gotta be in the water. I feel like it’s as bad 30 years ago as it is today
Russos sub shop in palm beach county has the best bread ive had in the area

This could be your best post ever. I like mine with grilled onion and peppers. Boar's head horseradish cheddar and shaved eye round.

Been debating a Blackstone, but I'm trying to minimize the amount of stuff I have, so it will wait.

If you're ever in Jensen Beach, get an RBS at Shakra's. Roast beef, provolone, and a burgundy wine gravy.
I bought a 36in blackstone. My advice is keep it in garage. Mine has a cover but the wife accidentally left it in the rain and under the cover has rust and now i keep it in the garage and have to clean it good. Also keep it well oiled and use flaxseed oik on your initial seasoning

And their sub tastes exactly the same as it did 40 years ago. That and Shakra's in Jensen are the two places I absolutely have to hit if I ever move out of the area.
Ill have to try Shakra's whenever im in Jensen area. Agree russos is probably the best subs around pbc. The tuna with a sweet tea i get

Advertisement
Ill have to try Shakra's whenever im in Jensen area. Agree russos is probably the best subs around pbc. The tuna with a sweet tea i get
Get the RBS.

1599408574650.png

Your cheesesteak philosophy is on the money as is your top pick, Steve's Prince of steaks.

I lived in Philly for 50 years, half in South Philly, half a block from Pat's and Geno's. By the way, they both suck but Pat's is worse. Stay away from D'Allessandro's powdered cheesesteaks and Tony Luke's gristle cheesesteaks.

John's Roast Pork is on point as is Nick's Roast Beef. These two, along with Steve's are the Holy Trinity in Philly.

I know cheesesteaks.
Never haven to Nicks. I’ll have to check them out on my next run. 👍

Advertisement
A “girlfriend”?? Guys are still in the FZ in 2020 🤦🏾‍♂️..look man best cheese steaks in the USA are made by Dre’s pub
She's dating my friend so im not trying to fck her. just trying ton help her out. BUTTTTTT she does have hot friends. So if I play my cards right I might get a side dish.

Advertisement
I Love Stasios...my GF even more...
Hey have you been to the little Hala sub shop off 50 right next to dans family diner. They make a dam good philly. But if you want there best sandwich get the chicken philly. I get it on white bread with white American cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and jalapeño peppers as well . salt pepper and mayo. sub is killer. One of the best subs ive ever had no matter the type. Last thing I saw you talking about the bread, well this place has killer rolls. Eat it there if possible its a messy sandwich. oh yeah the fries are dam good as well .

I lived in Philly for 3 years. My favorites (in order):

1. John's Roast Pork
2. Tony Luke's (original location)
3. Jim's (South Street)
4. Abner's (sentimental choice)

She's dating my friend so im not trying to fck her. just trying ton help her out. BUTTTTTT she does have hot friends. So if I play my cards right I might get a side dish.
1599425441200.gif
Remember play chess not checkers..or cards..closed mouth don’t get fed my guy. Shoot your shot

Advertisement
Would always hit up Chubby's when I was working in Roxborough. Ran into Joe Frazier there, a couple of times. It's light years better than D'Allessandro's.
I lived on Shawmont ave in Roxie. Truth is you can get a great steak at the right corner deli/grocery store. One of the best steaks was at the Temple University Hospital cafeteria...

If you've never been to Philly, even though Pat's serves dog meat, you need to go once just because.

My vote is for John's Roast Pork. Excellent cheese steak but the roast pork sandwich, in my opinion, is the best sandwich in Philly

Advertisement
Back