Best individual performance by an opponent?

Old Man Wienke lit up a really good UM defense for like 500 yards in 2000.
True. It would’ve been about 100 more yards if Travis Minor didn’t drop about 7 swing passes out the backfield. Thankfully he did, nothing but green grass ahead of him

Advertisement
Iron Head's '86 performance was very impressive. Somehow he got great traction in the rain. But it didn't really impact the game that much. Canes won easily in spite of him racking up all those yards.

I'm just glad no one brought Flutie Flakes into this discussion.

Advertisement
Hands down it is this performance by a Pitt Panther...

1986 Pitt Game

I cannot think of any other individual dominating like this RB plus the comments by our players after the game indicated how powerful this RB was.

Anyone think of any other that might match this performance?
Maurice Clarett, 2002 Championship game. He was a freshman.

Thursday night in the OB.

Merriweather killed their TE on that crossing route.

The crowd was just waiting to explode all game, because we just couldn’t stop them & get the lead, then .............

............ BOOM, Devin Hester takes that punt to the house. Top 3 loudest I ever heard a crowd when he made that final cut past the punter.
Was in the wez, a few us where screaming and booing Brock Berlin going into the tunnel at halftime.

Advertisement
I know OP said “individual” performance, but I still think the whole officiating crew at South Bend in ‘88 deserves some consideration. They were truly unstoppable that day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back