Best individual performance by an opponent?

Advertisement
Vince Young vs USC was the epitome of willing your team to victory.

Edit: whoops, for opponent i agree. Dalvin Cook.

Stefan LeFors for Louisville in 2004 shredded us. Luckily he got banged and Devin Hester did Devin Hester things.

Advertisement
Kendyl Pope absolutely hated us and always rose up against us, he would be everywhere.

His teammate FSU LB Jennings (father of our LB Jennings) used to try to murder our players too, but he was less successful.

Advertisement
Stefan LeFors for Louisville in 2004 shredded us. Luckily he got banged and Devin Hester did Devin Hester things.

Thursday night in the OB.

Merriweather killed their TE on that crossing route.

The crowd was just waiting to explode all game, because we just couldn’t stop them & get the lead, then .............

............ BOOM, Devin Hester takes that punt to the house. Top 3 loudest I ever heard a crowd when he made that final cut past the punter.

Old Man Wienke lit up a really good UM defense for like 500 yards in 2000.

But he threw some terrible interceptions. That kills it for me, personally.

Single game I'd go with Greg Jones in 2002. Unstoppable.

Dalvin Cook has the career award though. Thankfully Corn Elder tracked him down on one run.

No one admitting Ironhead was the man? Ran for 245 yards and YAContact was off the boards. I'd bet if any player that day was asked they would suggest Ironhead was one tough dude.

Advertisement
But he threw some terrible interceptions. That kills it for me, personally.

Single game I'd go with Greg Jones in 2002. Unstoppable.

Dalvin Cook has the career award though. Thankfully Corn Elder tracked him down on one run.
Those two ints definitely hurt them but he threw the ball 58 times! I mean, that game is a Miami blowout if he doesn’t put in the Herculean effort.

Hands down it is this performance by a Pitt Panther...

1986 Pitt Game

I cannot think of any other individual dominating like this RB plus the comments by our players after the game indicated how powerful this RB was.

Anyone think of any other that might match this performance?
Been some notables, Dalvin cook..johnathan Taylor..AJ Dillon..ponder rushed for at least 180 if you take out sacks...but the ones that stick in my mind the most are Matt Flynn of LSU in the peach bowl and How unstoppable Calvin Johnson was vs us

Advertisement
Tye Detmer for byu. He couldn't do anything wrong. It was so frustrating watching that game. The tight end for the badgers in the citrus bowl. If they needed a first down they just threw it to him.

You mean in 2014? He had a great game that day for sure. He wasn’t there in 2016 though and Rashawn Scott tore him up in 2015

Yeah, I meant 2014. I get the games against them where our ineptitude snatches defeat from the jaws of victory confused sometimes.

Advertisement
Back