Best hire situation

Would like to have Mario on the staff, but no way in **** as HC and it's still too early to name him HCIW. No need to do that until we have to cross that bridge. Butch would give us 5-7 good years, then let him decide who on the staff deserves to be and would make the best HC. If Mario, then ok.

Do you really believe this?

Do you know how old Butch is now? He'll be 64 this month ...

So, you expect him to recruit and coach at a high level until he's in his late 60s?

Seriously?!?!?

:kobe:
:KYPOwCc::11263323124_b207743

Advertisement
I really admire Brock. He is really trying to make amends here. Dude is trying very hard

Hire Butch Davis as head coach
Bring Mario in as head coach in waiting.

Go back and delete the second sentence.

1. Mario suks.
2. No such thing as a Coach-In-Waiting. That would be one, big ****storm of contention.

While we need Butch Davis coaching capabilities he hasn't been involved in the new age of recruiting whereas Cristobal has and is well received in miami in that aspect. We all know Butch can recruit but he has been out the game for a long time and would need help IMO. Hire Ed Oregeron as the dcoordinator as well
You hire Butch for the recruiting and program building not the coaching.
You don't hire dead weight like Mario just to pull some kids. You hire the best staff possible.
You don't hire Ed Orgeron as a DC as he has not shown a single shred of evidence that he would be good at that position.

Jesus

HOw the **** is he dead weight? Saban carries dead weight? You don't like the guy fine, but to call him dead weight is dumb.
Alabama is a god **** well oiled machine. Saban has a bunch of coaches that do various things. Saban can do it cause he's proven he knows what he's doing and cause they have the resources to do it. Why pay Mario to stand around and pick his nose just cause of his recruiting. According to bama fans he's a mediocre Oline coach and I believe the numbers they point to bear that out. So what are you gonna hire him for? Get real coaches and the recruiting will take care of itself.

Im so sick of this focus on recruiting. Get good coaches from the HC all the way down and I promise you recruiting will take care of itself

Advertisement
While we need Butch Davis coaching capabilities he hasn't been involved in the new age of recruiting whereas Cristobal has and is well received in miami in that aspect. We all know Butch can recruit but he has been out the game for a long time and would need help IMO. Hire Ed Oregeron as the dcoordinator as well
You hire Butch for the recruiting and program building not the coaching.
You don't hire dead weight like Mario just to pull some kids. You hire the best staff possible.
You don't hire Ed Orgeron as a DC as he has not shown a single shred of evidence that he would be good at that position.

Jesus

HOw the **** is he dead weight? Saban carries dead weight? You don't like the guy fine, but to call him dead weight is dumb.
Alabama is a god **** well oiled machine. Saban has a bunch of coaches that do various things. Saban can do it cause he's proven he knows what he's doing and cause they have the resources to do it. Why pay Mario to stand around and pick his nose just cause of his recruiting. According to bama fans he's a mediocre Oline coach and I believe the numbers they point to bear that out. So what are you gonna hire him for? Get real coaches and the recruiting will take care of itself.

Im so sick of this focus on recruiting. Get good coaches from the HC all the way down and I promise you recruiting will take care of itself

Not it won't. Urban, Saban, etc. don't recruit well because they win. They are just awesome people and have this magical ability to sell their school. Forget the wins. That doesn't help with selling their school. It's all them and their magical abilities.

They could have a .500 record but still would probably pull mad kids to their schools bro.

Brock, you are very quickly becoming the worst poster on this board. Why on earth would they need to bring Cristobal in as a head coach in waiting? Why would anybody want him to be. I find it very hard to believe that Butch Davis is going to go into an interview with Blake and be told that "we would like to hire you but we are also bringing in your potential replacement in as well" and accept the position. He will want to hire his own staff, something that he has proven to be very good at.

How can you consider this the best possible hire scenario....it isn't even close. I hate the man with a passion but Urban Meyer and his staff would be the best hire the school could make.

I mean, if we're going to bring in mario in any capacity, but only in a HC in waiting type thing.. butch will be able to recruit just fine.. and even then, his eye for "diamonds in the rough".. is also very good.

Advertisement
The best part of these little Mario HCIW scenarios is asking where you'd stow good ol' Luigi in the interim. I sure as **** don't want him as OC and OL positions corch doesn't exactly work out when you remember that Mr. Bleeds Orange and Green only LEAVES here for lateral career moves.

Broke.

How old are you?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447087671.980886.jpg

Holy **** another thread about bringing in retreads. I like Butch Davis but if we hire this dude without doing a thorough search. We are ******* up in a major way.

Advertisement

Silly Liberal
You never promise anyone a job, they become lazy

Bring Mario on and say if you work and show you deserve the job it could happen, never promise anyone something they haven't earned

i would gladly take Cristobal over kehoe at this point. You all are missing the picture. This board is infested with b*tches who think they know more than everyone else. Lame mfs

Advertisement
i would gladly take Cristobal over kehoe at this point. You all are missing the picture. This board is infested with b*tches who think they know more than everyone else. Lame mfs

You're looking at a picture.

We're looking out the window.

Glad none of us have input into who gets hired. Sit back and wait.......we got the fire part right...now lets see if we get the Hire part correct.

Advertisement
Back