Best hire situation

i would gladly take Cristobal over kehoe at this point. You all are missing the picture. This board is infested with b*tches who think they know more than everyone else. Lame mfs

Missing the point, you said we need to bring him in as a coach in waiting and that's simply ludicrous. The Dude is the Cuban Al Golden, we do not need that around this program.

Advertisement
While we need Butch Davis coaching capabilities he hasn't been involved in the new age of recruiting whereas Cristobal has and is well received in miami in that aspect. We all know Butch can recruit but he has been out the game for a long time and would need help IMO. Hire Ed Oregeron as the dcoordinator as well
You hire Butch for the recruiting and program building not the coaching.
You don't hire dead weight like Mario just to pull some kids. You hire the best staff possible.
You don't hire Ed Orgeron as a DC as he has not shown a single shred of evidence that he would be good at that position.

Jesus

He won a lot of games when he was the interim head coach at USC when kiffin was fired and had their defense playing great. Is known as one of the best recruiters/coaches in the nation. He has coached some of Miami's best LINEMAN EVER.... We won't have to worry about missing out on elite defensive lineman and dtackles in which we have the past 5 years.... You are crazy if you wouldn't want him as defensive coordinator

Ed Orgeron has been in coaching for 31 years, he has never been a DC.

Hilarious analysis.

Would like to have Mario on the staff, but no way in **** as HC and it's still too early to name him HCIW. No need to do that until we have to cross that bridge. Butch would give us 5-7 good years, then let him decide who on the staff deserves to be and would make the best HC. If Mario, then ok.

Do you really believe this?

Do you know how old Butch is now? He'll be 64 this month ...

So, you expect him to recruit and coach at a high level until he's in his late 60s?

Seriously?!?!?

:kobe:
:KYPOwCc::11263323124_b207743

All Butch has to do is coach. The staff does all of the recruiting. Butch just tells them who to go get and they do it. He maybe talks to them on campus, tells them I put out 35 first rounders, and visits their house to break things down. So yes..

If you think the age is going to be a limit to him recruiting then you don't really understand it. The only time age becomes an issue is when you don't want to recruit anymore and like Butch has already said, he loves recruiting. Anyone that actually enjoys recruiting and can win football games is going to be fine. That's all it takes. that why I said 5-7 years, 70 years old is where I cut it off.

Nick Saban is 64 is he just going to forget how to recruit as soon as he turns 67 or whatever you seem to think?

Would like to have Mario on the staff, but no way in **** as HC and it's still too early to name him HCIW. No need to do that until we have to cross that bridge. Butch would give us 5-7 good years, then let him decide who on the staff deserves to be and would make the best HC. If Mario, then ok.

So, you expect him to recruit and coach at a high level until he's in his late 60s?

Seriously?!?!?

All Butch has to do is coach. The staff does all of the recruiting. Butch just tells them who to go get and they do it. He maybe talks to them on campus, tells them I put out 35 first rounders, and visits their house to break things down. So yes..

If you think the age is going to be a limit to him recruiting then you don't really understand it. The only time age becomes an issue is when you don't want to recruit anymore and like Butch has already said, he loves recruiting. Anyone that actually enjoys recruiting and can win football games is going to be fine. That's all it takes. that why I said 5-7 years, 70 years old is where I cut it off.

Nick Saban is 64 is he just going to forget how to recruit as soon as he turns 67 or whatever you seem to think?

I respect your position. But Nick Saban is the exception, he's not the rule.

The Butch crowd continues to operate as if Butch and Saban are equals, and they're not. Saban would have been the only option for Texas last year if he was available ... Butch didn't get a mention.

Butch hasn't done enough to impress 15 year olds. I get that he's impressed a bunch of 35-70 year old guys, and a few 20 year olds who want to act like they know history because they watched The U, and The U, part 2. But high school and jr. high kids don't care about what Butch did 15 years ago ... Which is BEFORE they were born!

If he's an 8-9 win coach, recruiting will fall even faster ... Because Butch will be the old guy who can't relate or win. Not relating gets overlooked ... But not winning means kids go elsewhere.

Seriously?!?!?

I respect your position. But Nick Saban is the exception, he's not the rule.

The Butch crowd continues to operate as if Butch and Saban are equals, and they're not. Saban would have been the only option for Texas last year if he was available ... Butch didn't get a mention.

Butch hasn't done enough to impress 15 year olds. I get that he's impressed a bunch of 35-70 year old guys, and a few 20 year olds who want to act like they know history because they watched The U, and The U, part 2. But high school and jr. high kids don't care about what Butch did 15 years ago ... Which is BEFORE they were born!

If he's an 8-9 win coach, recruiting will fall even faster ... Because Butch will be the old guy who can't relate or win. Not relating gets overlooked ... But not winning means kids go elsewhere.

Butch was an 8 win coach at a UNC program that hadn't won anything before he got there. I'm a huge fan of Butch and he is my number 1 choice for HC, but don't get me wrong, there's plenty of others out there I would get excited about. I have concerns about Butch, but recruiting isn't one of them. I've seen too many recruits retweet "dream UM coaching staff" with Butch as HC, or recruits mention playing for Butch, or coming to UM if Butch was HC. They know who he is. The talent is here to win next year, and if we bring in someone to take advantage of that we will be fine for a while. If the next hire ***** the bed in year one, we are screwed. For this program, the biggest thing is 2016 and getting started fast. We can't have a 7-5 or even 8-4 next year with the talent coming back. 10-2 or 11-1 is 100% realistic and I trust Butch to do that and recruiting will work itself out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back