Best fit to be Miami next coach?

Advertisement
He certainly wouldn't be in my top 10. For people to say he would be a disaster is crazy though. The guy, like Petrino, can coach. QB play being one of our HUGE HOLES FOR 17 years would be addressed. Same reason people liked Leach. We tend to look for coaches that can fix what ails us at the time. Now, people want a defensive minded coach, rightfully so. For me it is a game of which could be built the easiest, with the talent we have in our area. I think defense should be pretty easy at Miami. Blows my mind we struggle on d. You can have 1000 5* wide receivers, without qb play, good oline, it won't matter. I prefer an offensive guy this time around. Playing against garbage ACC teams, our d should be top 25 without even trying.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be ****ed at Chip, at all. His O would have Coral Gables jumpin. The adage about his players “hating him” comes from his NFL days. Listen, you can’t coach grown *** men like you coach college kids. I think that was a big part of his nfl failure. So I’m pretty sure some of his old nfl players hated him. But I haven’t heard anything about the college kids hating him. It’s probably a pipe dream because of his buyout numbers, but we could do a lot worse than Chip Kelly.
Buyout only 9 milly.

I like Chip in theory, but I will say that the same "but he'd clean up in this conference with all this local talent" rationale was used at UCLA and so far hasn't quite panned out. One thing about Chip is that he is not a recruiter...you'd be shocked at how many local kids left because he doesn't like their scheme fit, let alone the usual assortment of guys we do want that we just miss on.

I also believe almost all of this because of what Herbie and gameday did. I think there was some backdoor discussions with them on what needed to be said by the powers who are ready to make this change and they did it. I think ultimately it just needed a nudge besides what was happening on the field and here we are.

Advertisement
Just curious what the reception would be to Brian Flores. Decent odds Ross moves on at the end on the season and picks an offense minded HC.

slapshot-make-it-stop.gif

Advertisement
Probably a home run compared to whoever will eventually be the guy, lol. We would see tremendous dividends in year 2 with him after a year of implementing his style/system.
All things considered on who will actually get/want the job chip would be a slam dunk hire. I would also love the idea of bringing in the Louisiana Ragin Cagin coach if it’s gonna be a guy that makes the jump to a power 5 school

Some of you guys really crack me up. You self flagellate and projectile vomit at the name Gus Malzahn because he's been meh the past few years but you get a boner for 3 wins a year Chip Kelly?
Some of you guys really Crack me up acting like Chip Kelly didn't take an average Oregon to the ship.

Because he's rebuilding a trash UCLA team he is somehow no longer a good coach.

Meanwhile his 3 WIN Ucla teams would mop the floor with Miami.

Right.

Dude is a beast. It's silly af not to have him in your top 3 candidates.

Miami is in dire need of an OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH. No more defensive coaches.

Only a special few defensive coaches become great head coaches
That's utterly ridiculous....a Defensive coach was the Architect of the Greatest CFB team ever....and he learned from another Defensive coach who made the University of Miami the "U"....it's all about putting a quality staff around you...

Advertisement
Man! Look at how UCLA has just dominated! Imagine what he could do if you pulled out of that backwater town Los Angeles and let him recruit from a major city!

Clearly Urban Meyer would be a homerun hire...with all that prime s fla cooz down there he would be able to perform under pressure.

I agree with the premise of us needing an offensive minded HC, in today’s era of college football everything rests upon having a high powered offense that can score at will & have the capacity to drive the length of the field late in the 4th quarter while trailing. I think it’s imperative that we have a team that is never worried about getting down by 2 TD’s or more because they have a system in place that can come back while scoring rapidly.

The only way you’re going to field an elite Defense in today’s game is if you go the Georgia route & recruit like 50+ 5-stars on your roster, which takes about 3-4 years before it will actually come to fruition & you have to have an Admin that really really cares about Football allocating unlimited funds to the program with a sky high recruiting budget, or in other words a near impossible task to complete at Miami (because it’s not 00-01 anymore).

The fastest way for us to return back to prominence is through fast paced offense & great QB play...
You find a HC who understands how to develop QB’s & build an offense, recruit speed & develop/integrate big time playmakers at the skill positions, refashion the run game & OL to be more scheme specific & supplement the transitional gap from old regime to new regime with portal players who are plug & play.

I think @Canezum5 is in the right mind frame in terms of what we need, I’m not a Chip Kelly guy but I think an outsider who isn’t just another rah rah run of the mill former Cane trying to recreate the past is exactly what we need. We need an offensive X’s & O’s tactician who specializes in detail oriented scheme & situational football. Too much premium gets placed on personality & swagger when it comes to potential Miami coaches but when you really look at what has plagued this team it’s the lack of attention to detail & just downright absence of situational awareness that kills this team every Saturday. We got a roster full of talented football players & that don’t really know how to play football, just a bunch of undisciplined athletes who are mistake prone & consistently underperform when it matters most.

I think guys like Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Jeff Traylor, Jay Norvell would all be great fits here, guys who are offensive architects whose main focus is execution & not just winning press conferences with meaningless bluster.

Advertisement
Back