Best fit to be Miami next coach?

Two questions before I get on this train....

1) When was the last time a Miami team won anything with an avg passing offense of less than 200 yards per game?

2) Has Stoops ever had a team who passing offense avg more than 200 yards per game?

The last 3 years here is how Stoops team has ranked in this regard...

2021 - ranked #100 at 196 yards per game
2020 - ranked #123 at 121 yards per game
2019 - ranked #127 at 113 yards per game

Dude may be only coach in modern P5 history not named Paul Johnson to have consecutive seasons of actually being ranked lower than his actual avg passing yards per game. Seriously... you think that's a good fit for Miami?

This is why I pay big money to be here!!!! :) Seriously though, great point.

Advertisement
Manny didn't do awful as it relates to attracting OC candidates (both Lash and Enos were big names and hot names at the time). they just didn't work out just as his other hires. it wasn't like he pulled in inexperienced dudes. Manny just can't fix it regardless of any move he makes.

also, Bama struggled forever on O and changed their style as the game changed when hey went to Lane as oC. he transformed them. also, well never recruit like Bama does so the margin for error won't be there. id prefer a Lane but I know he wouldn't come.
Lashlee came from SMU and Enos was a QB coach. Mario would pull an OC whose been success at Power 5 level.

Chip Kelly is total clown. Get out of here with that noise.

Mario Cristobal first, Mark Stoops or a Luke Fickell second .... others a distant third; a Lane Kiffin, etc.

Stay away from the cokehead and swinger Tom Herman, too—thanks.

I agree with the premise of us needing an offensive minded HC, in today’s era of college football everything rests upon having a high powered offense that can score at will & have the capacity to drive the length of the field late in the 4th quarter while trailing. I think it’s imperative that we have a team that is never worried about getting down by 2 TD’s or more because they have a system in place that can come back while scoring rapidly.

The only way you’re going to field an elite Defense in today’s game is if you go the Georgia route & recruit like 50+ 5-stars on your roster, which takes about 3-4 years before it will actually come to fruition & you have to have an Admin that really really cares about Football allocating unlimited funds to the program with a sky high recruiting budget, or in other words a near impossible task to complete at Miami (because it’s not 00-01 anymore).

The fastest way for us to return back to prominence is through fast paced offense & great QB play...
You find a HC who understands how to develop QB’s & build an offense, recruit speed & develop/integrate big time playmakers at the skill positions, refashion the run game & OL to be more scheme specific & supplement the transitional gap from old regime to new regime with portal players who are plug & play.

I think @Canezum5 is in the right mind frame in terms of what we need, I’m not a Chip Kelly guy but I think an outsider who isn’t just another rah rah run of the mill former Cane trying to recreate the past is exactly what we need. We need an offensive X’s & O’s tactician who specializes in detail oriented scheme & situational football. Too much premium gets placed on personality & swagger when it comes to potential Miami coaches but when you really look at what has plagued this team it’s the lack of attention to detail & just downright absence of situational awareness that kills this team every Saturday. We got a roster full of talented football players & that don’t really know how to play football, just a bunch of undisciplined athletes who are mistake prone & consistently underperform when it matters most.

I think guys like Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Jeff Traylor, Jay Norvell would all be great fits here, guys who are offensive architects whose main focus is execution & not just winning press conferences with meaningless bluster.

Man, thank you. Couldn't have said it better!!

Advertisement
Back