Best Facilities in the Country According to Recruits?

The Stadium is cool in its own right built into the ridge, but true it isn't Jerry World.

The atheletes aren't seeing the barracks really from a recruiting perspective just because of the niche that would actually attend. You know as well as I that life ain't for everybody.

Then even look at the football attrition rate from Prep to 3 degree, i think its what, 30-40%?
Most football recruits other offers are probably G5 or FCS so everything is relative.

Advertisement
This was only about facilities and not the city or town the university is located in. Our facilities are much improved but we’re still behind the big programs out there.
Space is extremely limited so sure improve the lockerrooms and weight training and dining area. Soffer is nice. So are the fields at Greentree. New dorms were athletics live are gorgeous.

How many have even visited campus?

This the same bull**** narrative we hear that is not necessarily true. A lot has to do with a stadium which has a bunch of ancilliary facilities attached.

Facilities are what they are. We have no room to expand, all we can do is update. Maybe a new stadium, that would be nice, but HR is nice.
How much can you update weight room? Locker Room, yep we can update that a bit. Dorms are what they are, indoor is what we have and Greentree.
What more can we build and improve to change the image?

Advertisement
Space is extremely limited so sure improve the lockerrooms and weight training and dining area. Soffer is nice. So are the fields at Greentree. New dorms were athletics live are gorgeous.

How many have even visited campus?

This the same bull**** narrative we hear that is not necessarily true. A lot has to do with a stadium which has a bunch of ancilliary facilities attached.
What bull**** narrative? This has literally been discussed as a major emphasis for Mario, Dan, and the rest of leadership.

The USAFA campus is stunning, especially on clear winter days with snow on the ground. Everything is built on "the 5 fingers" (ridges) or the valleys in-between. To the West, everything is backed up to the front range almost like the Wall from Game of Thrones. The Architecture and layout is symettrical and mathematical. The cadet gyms are beyond top notch as are the athlete's facilities.

Not a four seasons kinda place though as even in the Summer there is still lots of browns and Fall is all brown really (basically high plateau).

I've heard USNA and USMC are also nice, just my time at those locations was extremely limited.

Again, the military academies aren't recruiting the same athletes as the D1P5 schools for several and very good reasons.
Thanks for the info. That sounds amazing. I was just checking out some of the photos of their new locker room, beautiful.

Advertisement
Facilities are now a big deal wherever you go. Yeah the players are only a quick drive from the beach, but most of the time they're attending a university will be spent in the facility where they practice/work out/watch film/eat/hang out. I forget where I heard it from, but I remember a podcast saying that besides recruiting, the reason these lavish facilities are built is so the players don't feel the need to go anywhere else. Video games? We have those in the hang out room. Food? Cafeteria downstairs in the facility. Haircut? Barber is on the 2nd floor. The less you feel compelled to leave the facility, is the more you stay and put more work in, which is all they're about.

This aint 2001 where the kids were happy with their little cubby and just playing with a bunch of other dogs. They want the vented locker with the wireless charger and the digital nameplate with the napping pod (I watch a lot of facility videos on YouTube lol). But my main point is, facilities do matter to these kids.

From a 247 article, they asked recruits at the All-American Bowl game the other weekend what they thought the top facilities in the country were. They anonymously polled a total of 88 recruits and some voted for mulitple schools.

To no one's surprise the top programs were there Oregon, Georgia, Notre Dame, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Some surprising programs received votes though: Purdue, Air Force, Washington State, Illinois, and others.

This shouldn't shock anyone but Miami did not receive a single vote. What was funny to me is guess who else didn't receive a single vote? Yup. You guessed it.

UF and FSU.

So for all the **** we get from their fans about how crappy our facilities are it's pretty amazing to see recruits think their facilities are pretty sh*tty too. Big difference is we've now got some heavy hitters and an elite AD that will be leading the way in getting us on level footing with our competition. Looking forward to see the improvements in the coming years.
Think of all the money we saved all those years and we're in the same spot as uf and fsu.

People,

The major factors that recruits care about are: coaching, player development, comfortability w/ campus/location, academics, relationships, and facilities. Yes, facilities still matter to recruits & they should matter since they will spend majority of their time here.

Rad already said he’ll be assessing everything. NIL will be a new factor, but let’s keep it real; until parameters are set, NIL are nothing more than what we are already dealt w/ from the shadows of the underworld: BAGS. Bags work, but if those on field results don’t equate, kids r still going to go to the programs that gives them the best chance at the NFL & ability to win titles.

Facilities are just an added bonus; Rad’s job is to eliminate all & any potential recruiting obstacle for Cristobal. If that means facelifts to our facilities, apparel, NIL, upping recruiting budget, w/e…Rad will do it.

People,

The major factors that recruits care about are: coaching, player development, comfortability w/ campus/location, academics, relationships, and facilities. Yes, facilities still matter to recruits & they should matter since they will spend majority of their time here.

Rad already said he’ll be assessing everything. NIL will be a new factor, but let’s keep it real; until parameters are set, NIL are nothing more than what we are already dealt w/ from the shadows of the underworld: BAGS. Bags work, but if those on field results don’t equate, kids r still going to go to the programs that gives them the best chance at the NFL & ability to win titles.

Facilities are just an added bonus; Rad’s job is to eliminate all & any potential recruiting obstacle for Cristobal. If that means facelifts to our facilities, apparel, NIL, upping recruiting budget, w/e…Rad will do it.
*COUGH* gobacktoNike *COUGH*

Advertisement
Mario’s coached at two of the schools named and Rad was the AD at the other.

These two guys know what right looks like so I trust they will get us to where at worst it’s average for the big time schools that want to be perennial playoff contenders.

I hate The facilities don’t matter crowd, it absolutely does in this day and age. If nick saban, dabo swinney understand that it does then you better believe that Miami has to get with the program in that aspect

I hate The facilities don’t matter crowd, it absolutely does in this day and age. If nick saban, dabo swinney understand that it does then you better believe that Miami has to get with the program in that aspect

I love my bros, but they are stuck in the 80’s/90’s mentalities.

There’s a whole exposé on how UO changed the landscape of CFB w/ facilities & uniforms. The point was other programs took notice of how kids became attracted to this, and thus, an arms race began. Like u mentioned, these top programs absolutely invest in facilities b/c obviously they know it matters. Winning & coaching matters most, of course, but if program A has a great coach & is winner, and program B has a great coach & a winner, a minute factor like facilities “can & have” played a role in pushing kids to one program over the over.

Advertisement
I love my bros, but they are stuck in the 80’s/90’s mentalities.

There’s a whole exposé on how UO changed the landscape of CFB w/ facilities & uniforms. The point was other programs took notice of how kids became attracted to this, and thus, an arms race began. Like u mentioned, these top programs absolutely invest in facilities b/c obviously they know it matters. Winning & coaching matters most, of course, but if program A has a great coach & is winner, and program B has a great coach & a winner, a minute factor like facilities “can & have” played a role in pushing kids to one program over the over.
Straight facts

I keep hearing @Dwinstitles saying “ ‘Bro, it’s the facilities, bro!’ What, you think the galaxy opens up on the ceiling when you’re lifting weight?!”

That's not gonna last for long. They basically gave Mario a blank check to improve everything. We will have A1 facilities. Also our facilities were not bad, just small. But of course not on the level of those schools voted for.
Our facilities are beyond bad when talking about the lockerroom/ player lounge area specifically. There are a number of highschool teams who have a better lockerroom than Miami. Can’t wait until they fix that and the training room area and then Miami is in business. Weight room needs to be looked at still too

Advertisement
Back