Best 2 Loss Team in the Country (#21 per SP+)

Oddly enough it’s this new defense that worries me. Baker gets too cute w his calls, and he and Stroud have the front 4 looking mediocre (stunts that don’t work, and asking DEs to cover flats/slots).

Advertisement
I find it weird that I'm a bit more confident in a 1-2 Miami team than I was with a 5-1 Miami team heading into the UVA game last year. We looked lethargic against FIU winning 31-17. We beat up on UNC 47-10 but that mainly because our defense owned that game. And we scraped by a horrible FSU team.

I look at our offensive numbers and between a few missed opportunities in the red zone and poor FG kicking, we could (SHOULD) easily be 3-0 right now.
Are you confirming TNM...........consistent playing up to Miami Standards are on the way....
Manny states this over and over.....trying to get there is the way to go, in order to make the next steps.....totally agree.

Advertisement
I get the analogy but it doesn't work for college football.
No, cfb does not have 7 game series.
The fact that there are only 12 games is the exact reason EVERY game should mean something.

A few years ago, Clemson won the national championship. that same team lost to Pitt. Do you think Pitt should have been ranked higher than Clemson?

UNC says these rankings are trash. They beat South Carolina and us and are somehow ranked 64 by losing to an undefeated Wake Forest. Okie dokie.

You know, when my son was learning to walk, I was so ****ed that he couldn't get his 40 time under ten seconds by his fourth year that I put him up for adoption and decided to try a different kid.
Was the new kid faster?

A few years ago, Clemson won the national championship. that same team lost to Pitt. Do you think Pitt should have been ranked higher than Clemson?

There are 50,000 simple examples such as Clemson/Pitt.
A 5-loss team ranked 100th in total D ranked higher than Clemson?
I didn't think I needed to say "with teams of comparable records and bodies of work".

Two examples:
1. Penn State/OSU 3 years ago. Penn State beat OSU.
2. Alabama 2 years ago. Alabama doesn't even win their conference and didn't even play in a CCG.

The games should mean something.
Or...we can keep going the way we're going and have 3 of the CFBPO spots reserved before we even play a snap.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was the new kid faster?
Sadly no, so then I decided to blame my wife. I provide her with high quality raw materials and she fails to develop their talent.

Its a vicious cycle. If I could just drop a bag and get everything I want.

nah man you shouldnt feel weird about it. our offense was complete horse**** and we still had malik at QB. this year, we have a real QB, and we could EASILY, EASILY be 3-0. we lost both games that went quite literally down to the last minute. that is a giant improvement off of what we saw last year, the worst coached season of miami football i've EVER seen offensively.
You're not old enough to remember the '70's.

You know, when my son was learning to walk, I was so ****ed that he couldn't get his 40 time under ten seconds by his fourth year that I put him up for adoption and decided to try a different kid.
So he went through the kid's portal?

So he went through the kid's portal?
Yup, and now some other people are complaining about his new parents getting someone else's castoffs instead of developing their own talent.

I wish him the best.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back