Best 2 Loss Team in the Country (#21 per SP+)

Advertisement
I find it weird that I'm a bit more confident in a 1-2 Miami team than I was with a 5-1 Miami team heading into the UVA game last year. We looked lethargic against FIU winning 31-17. We beat up on UNC 47-10 but that mainly because our defense owned that game. And we scraped by a horrible FSU team.

I look at our offensive numbers and between a few missed opportunities in the red zone and poor FG kicking, we could (SHOULD) easily be 3-0 right now.

I find it weird that I'm a bit more confident in a 1-2 Miami team than I was with a 5-1 Miami team heading into the UVA game last year. We looked lethargic against FIU winning 31-17. We beat up on UNC 47-10 but that mainly because our defense owned that game. And we scraped by a horrible FSU team.

I look at our offensive numbers and between a few missed opportunities in the red zone and poor FG kicking, we could (SHOULD) easily be 3-0 right now.

This is how I feel, too.

In 2017 through 10 games our record was better than how we had played. We got lucky a few times.

This year, we have gotten unlucky. Let’s hope we start having some luck on our side.

nah man you shouldnt feel weird about it. our offense was complete horse**** and we still had malik at QB. this year, we have a real QB, and we could EASILY, EASILY be 3-0. we lost both games that went quite literally down to the last minute. that is a giant improvement off of what we saw last year, the worst coached season of miami football i've EVER seen offensively.

Advertisement
I've said it before but this feels a bit like the opposite of when we started 7-0 in 2013 going into Tally. We were winning games, but it was ugly and the floor was going to fall out eventually. After the 7-0 start, we went 2-4 to close the year. This season, our team is showing encouraging signs despite the early losses and realistically if a few things go our way we're 3-0.

Another inverse - in that season we beat UF in a game we probably should have lost.

Advertisement

Because get this... we're two plays away from being 3-0. And regardless of whether we're 3-0 or 1-2, this team was always only going to get better as the season progresses. It's what happens -- and work with me here -- when you're breaking in about as young an OL as you'll ever see, a first time starter at QB, and a brand new system. We're not going to peak with what we saw in the first two games which were away and in hostile environments.

All the signs are there if you're not actively rooting for Manny and co. to fail.

Advertisement
We're 1-2. This is Miami and that stinks regardless of what you sprinkle on top. I haven't forgiven JJ for losing to psu. Win the frigging football games.

no disrespect but it's this attitude that ignores progress ... this isn't the 80's, 90's, or early 2000's ... we've fallen off and we have to fight our way back ... we have a freshman qb and our offensive line is compromised of underclassmen save donaldson ... we've showed progress each week, let's take it for what it is, not what it used to be

no disrespect but it's this attitude that ignores progress ... this isn't the 80's, 90's, or early 2000's ... we've fallen off and we have to fight our way back ... we have a freshman qb and our offensive line is compromised of underclassmen save donaldson ... we've showed progress each week, let's take it for what it is, not what it used to be
You know, when my son was learning to walk, I was so ****ed that he couldn't get his 40 time under ten seconds by his fourth year that I put him up for adoption and decided to try a different kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back