Best 2 Loss Team in the Country (#21 per SP+)

That's the annoying part of this board, they all think if we fire Diaz and hire Butch tomorrow, we'd be all the way back. Except their too dense to notice that this team is already far better than what we had last year. ****, it's even better than 2017 on offense, all that happened that year is that the balls bounced our way more often than not.
This board has this weird obsession with being first to give up on the team/coach. The funny part is, these same guys were flying banners to fire Butch back in the 90's.

Advertisement
We have a lot of - mostly coaching-related - issues but we should be 3-0 and the schedule is a joke. If the coaches improve and we don't face a dominant DL again this team should be fine.

Makes no sense for UNC to be ranked #64 in this sham poll, behind two teams they beat

This is how Bill Connelly explains the numbers every time your argument is made:

"Every year in MLB, NHL and NBA, a lesser team wins game one of a seven game series and then the better other team wins games 2-5. College football doesn't have 7 game series, but the analogy is the same."

Advertisement
Advertisement
According to ESPN's Team Efficiencies, we have the #24 Offense, and the #35 Defense, and the #111 Special Teams.

And According to their FPI, we are #18

If our Oline can really continue to improve as the season goes on, and we can improve in the Redzone offensively, I think we can be very good on that side of the ball. Defensively we NEED to stop big plays. I think our safeties have been our weakest link, but once we improve that I think our DLine is great, and our LBs have at least played good. CBs have been impressive too. Special Teams needs to improve a lot too, as our two losses are literally attributed to special teams (Baxa missed FGs and Jeff Thomas muffed punt).

Advertisement
This is how Bill Connelly explains the numbers every time your argument is made:

"Every year in MLB, NHL and NBA, a lesser team wins game one of a seven game series and then the better other team wins games 2-5. College football doesn't have 7 game series, but the analogy is the same."

I get the analogy but it doesn't work for college football.
No, cfb does not have 7 game series.
The fact that there are only 12 games is the exact reason EVERY game should mean something.

I'll let you know how I feel after the Louisville game. None of the noise matters until we see what happens on the field.

Win the game.

Exactly, I'm done with the prognostications.

After the UF game, there isn't a person here that could have predicted our defense and ST would **** the bed against UNC instead of our offense.

I can see loads of potential on the offensive side of the ball, but a good showing against Bethune does not have me believing our OL is out of the woods. Similarly, now our defense has been exposed a bit on the line and the backside, and Bethune does nothing for me to think that is all figured out as well....though it was a pretty thorough performance against subpar competition.

2019, AGAIN, like the years and years before it.....show me 4 quarters of hard played ball against decent competition without shooting our own foot off FIRST....then we can build on it

Advertisement
Could care less about best 2 loss team after 3 games. May mean something after 12 games

Exactly. Raise your hand if you're interested in being SP+'s highest rated team with 8 losses at the end of the season?

giphy.gif

Fat girls need loving too.

Exactly the right attitude, Bubba. Now toss that hotdog of yours right down that fat, sweaty hallway and let's see if we can't get you back to putting the **** ball between the uprights.

Exactly the right attitude, Bubba. Now toss that hotdog of yours right down that fat, sweaty hallway and let's see if we can't get you back to putting the **** ball between the uprights.

Attachments

• 1A3C79AD-5E9C-4B1D-B844-F046E46D82D6.gif
    1A3C79AD-5E9C-4B1D-B844-F046E46D82D6.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Back