Best 2 Loss Team in the Country (#21 per SP+)

I find it weird that I'm a bit more confident in a 1-2 Miami team than I was with a 5-1 Miami team heading into the UVA game last year. We looked lethargic against FIU winning 31-17. We beat up on UNC 47-10 but that mainly because our defense owned that game. And we scraped by a horrible FSU team.

I look at our offensive numbers and between a few missed opportunities in the red zone and poor FG kicking, we could (SHOULD) easily be 3-0 right now.

Agree 100%.

Advertisement
no disrespect but it's this attitude that ignores progress ... this isn't the 80's, 90's, or early 2000's ... we've fallen off and we have to fight our way back ... we have a freshman qb and our offensive line is compromised of underclassmen save donaldson ... we've showed progress each week, let's take it for what it is, not what it used to be
You clearly have a point. Our fall has been long, rocky and fall. Being old, I go back to the quality teams we had in The Mad Stork's days and then the disasters that followed. Howard came along and progress was slower than I hope(having been huge Fins fan and involved in getting him) but Kelly's liftoff was clear signal that thing were changing. Howard and JJ showed us what we could be and Butch showed us with his recruiting we could win NC with little coaching. I am to old to climb back from another gator flop thing and fortunately this year's loss was nothing like that. I do like Jarren but am not sold on this staff.

I would always prefer 3-0 to 1-2 but if you watch the games and not just play the results, there's some encouraging signs. Got a lot of games to play before I can make any kind of conclusive statement about the direction of the team.

Advertisement
Makes no sense for UNC to be ranked #64 in this sham poll, behind two teams they beat
Win vs Losses is not the only indicator of a team's quality. The 2000 Miami team lost to a Washington team they were clearly better than. If they payed that game 10 times, I'm not sure Washington wins more than one or two times.

Advertisement
Makes no sense for UNC to be ranked #64 in this sham poll, behind two teams they beat
If you read their write up on how they compile the rankings it makes sense. It's not meant to be a poll of how good teams have performed. They're trying to perform a predictive analysis on how they will do going forward adjusting for things like lucky bounces and such.

Since it's been around for about 10 years, I wonder how accurate it's been on predicting outcomes.

Advertisement
I just want Coach Diaz to keep getting in the Defenses **** like I saw on Saturday. Blake Baker to Calm and relaxed, want Diaz to take this Defense Back Over and Make a strong statement this season.

I saw Diaz get on the Defense on the Sideline and they turned it up, also saw him Calling Defense on the Sideline at one point and Blake Baker did not get in his way.

Also Pat Bethel played a good game Saturday, maybe best yet. He is not a true 3-tech, so I wish they would rotate Norunka, Miller and Blisset in to see who can give us the most consistent penetration.

You know, when my son was learning to walk, I was so ****ed that he couldn't get his 40 time under ten seconds by his fourth year that I put him up for adoption and decided to try a different kid.

No you meant to say that you stuck with him. Just to bash him 24/7 and loathe in the misery.

I would always prefer 3-0 to 1-2 but if you watch the games and not just play the results, there's some encouraging signs. Got a lot of games to play before I can make any kind of conclusive statement about the direction of the team.

That's the annoying part of this board, they all think if we fire Diaz and hire Butch tomorrow, we'd be all the way back. Except they're too dense to notice that this team is already far better than what we had last year. ****, it's even better than 2017 on offense, all that happened that year is that the balls bounced our way more often than not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We absolutely are getting better. Now, whether Diaz is THE guy we won’t know until we see how the team gets better and when we inevitably have a weak link in the lineup and staff and etc if he’s willing to be pragmatic and “savage” and cut them loose.

Are we getting a prop for being the best 1-2 team in the country? Maybe a few hit pieces & sweet photoshoots in the the Herald?

Advertisement
Back