Besides the Canes, who do you pull for (and who are you against)?

I pretty much only root for the Miami/South Florida teams because this is the only place I’ve ever lived.

The only out of state team I pay attention to is the Yankees because my parents are from Jersey and I grew up cheering for them before we ever had the Marlins.

I do pay attention to UCF football because I went to school there but I wouldn’t really consider myself a fan. The whole fake national title is embarrassing

Advertisement
I failed to mention my hates
CFB: OSU, PSU, The SEC with 3 exceptions, UK and Ole Miss (I don't know why) and Vandy. They're too bad to hate.
Texas, West Virginia, Va Tech, UNC.
MBB: Yankees
NFL: Cowboys

CFB: The U
CBB: The U, Georgetown (three family members who attended and my childhood dream to play there)
NFL: Dolphins, second favorite is Giants
MLB: Marlins
NBA: Heat
NHL: Panthers

Was always 100% against Notre Dame and now my daughter is going to be a student there, so It’s odd but now it allows me to reserve 100% of my dislike for the Gators. Pro, all the Boston teams other than the JETS and big LFC fan.

Advertisement
Good stuff…
Canes
Steelers(Mean Joe Greene my favorite athlete ever and only person I would ask for their autograph)
Villanova - Dad went there
Cubs - went to school north of Chicago

The Rock!! Go Canes!

Don’t care enough about the rest…

College fball/baseball/hoops: Hurricanes
NFL: Dolphins
MLB: Braves

Can't root for any other teams. It's those teams vs. everybody. F the rest...

My dad grow up in Miami so I picked up the canes and fins from him as a young kid...when he was living down there, Miami didn't have an MLB team but i grew up in Central Florida and the Braves were always on TBS so they became my baseball team. Also only a 5 hr drive up to Atlanta from where I lived so easy to take lots of road trips for Braves games..

Advertisement
(y) (y) (y)

College Football: The U and that is it. Canes fan since 1974

NFL: Steelers all day, every day. Second favorite team in all of sports after Miami Football.

NBA: No team but watch playoffs avidly. D-Wade is my favorite NBA player of all-time

College Basketball: Canes. Like the Big East schools a lot, too, going back to when we didn't have a program and those guys like Walter "The Truth" Berry, Pearl Washington, Michael Graham and Ed Pinckney were playing. March Madness is my favorite tournament/playoff event of them all.

MLB: Grew up a Cubs fan but dropped that bad habit by the time I got to college. Don't have a team now, but I like to watch Mookie Betts for the Dodgers

Soccer: Leeds United. Good teams and fans were elite hooligans back in the glory days :LOL:

Boxers: Muhammad Ali and Earnie Shavers. Like Bud Crawford a lot these days. Hope he gets that shot at Erroll Spence Jr. soon

(n) (n) (n)

Colleges: FSU and UF. Same as most of y'all, I reckon
Just want to get out the way that this isn't the top rank stable and Spence bodies Bud the taxi cab driver fighter. Arum the ducker then hides behind his boxer same sh he did with Pac. Other than that here's my teams. None top the canes.

NFL Giants
NHL Devils
NBA Knicks
MLB Yankees
Boxing I root for Puerto Rican fighters but race doesn't make a fighter my favorite. I dig talent so I would say Spence and the Charlos are my top dogs right now.

I follow nothing else.

Advertisement
LSU was my second team since my dad is from there and went to LSU…but…the second they hired that weirdo murderer as a HC I refuse to cheer for them. I hope they lose every game except the first one this year ;)

Just want to get out the way that this isn't the top rank stable and Spence bodies Bud the taxi cab driver fighter.

No Way Reaction GIF

Advertisement
**** first time I've heard this lol
We old or young. I know that you've been here for a long time and maybe I know you from some other Cane's boards.

Tell stories, we all will carry the torch together. It is about that U.

Canes all the way!

Michigan State a little because my daughter goes there. I’m the one of many paying for Mel Tucker.

NCAA - Miami, fvck all others! Somewhat partial to Iowa as I finished school there..........

NFL - Ravens because I grew up there and used to be a season ticket holder until I got smart and moved south. Truth be told, I don't watch the NFL any longer, became too political for me. I watch sports to get AWAY from that crap.

MLB - LA Dodgers since I was 9 watching Tommy Lasorda like a fireball in the dugout and Gibson launching that shot!

NBA - Bulls, I grew up watching Jordan, the GOAT. Anyone claiming lebron is the goat needs their teeth knocked out, he's a *****. Nothing else needs said.

NHL - All CAPS!!!! also, fvck the Pens!

Soccer - I only watch the World Cup, all else is bleh. Partial to Germany as that is where my roots are traced.
I think your other answers and teams are solid and I totally get it.

What the youngster folks nowadays don't remember or experienced.

Is that Jordan, was a crusher. Remember, he was also a first team defensive player.

Lebron and Rip Kobe are amazing players.

I would like to see how well LeBron does in the
ol old NBA as we now call it.

Hurricanes and I fake pull for the gators 😜, wife is a grad. Son went there, but he’s all Cane, and daughter is in line for an athletic scholly there so it’ll be tough.
Huge CFB fan, I will watch anything!
Phins- family has had season tix since day one ‘67
Heat- not a huge BB guy but the organization is the epitome of culture and I like to see them
do well.
My son got me in to PL soccer when he moved home during the ‘vid, don’t have a favorite yet.

Baseball/Hockey- no interest

Hate the usual suspects but I find it less intense as I get older, my business partners are a Buckeye, a gator and an orange man, a really good friend is a ND guy and the list goes on.

Side note **** FSU!

Advertisement
Back