Besides the Canes, who do you pull for (and who are you against)?

CFB: I watch a lot but my favs are
PAC 12: Arizona St, Oregon state
Big 10: Purdue
Big XII: Okie State
SEC: Any underdog. So usually anyone against Bama and UGA
Also UTSA, and any team that has an Aussie.

MLB: Rays
NFL: Bucs
EPL: Fulham
AFL: Crowies

Advertisement
NCAA - Miami, fvck all others! Somewhat partial to Iowa as I finished school there..........

NFL - Ravens because I grew up there and used to be a season ticket holder until I got smart and moved south. Truth be told, I don't watch the NFL any longer, became too political for me. I watch sports to get AWAY from that crap.

MLB - LA Dodgers since I was 9 watching Tommy Lasorda like a fireball in the dugout and Gibson launching that shot!

NBA - Bulls, I grew up watching Jordan, the GOAT. Anyone claiming lebron is the goat needs their teeth knocked out, he's a *****. Nothing else needs said.

NHL - All CAPS!!!! also, fvck the Pens!

Soccer - I only watch the World Cup, all else is bleh. Partial to Germany as that is where my roots are traced.

Hurricanes season ticket holder since 1978
Dolphins season ticket holder since 1978
Marlins had season tickets during the 97 WS but after 2003 got rid of them
Heat
Panthers Was valet parking at the Miami Arena during the 96 run
Ft Lauderdale Strikers now Fusion
USA National Team
Barcelona

560 over 790

Teams I hate:
Jets
Buffalo
Gayturds
Semenholes
Flyers
Real Madrid
Yankees
Celtics and Knicks

NCAA: Canes
NFL: Dolphins
NBA: Heat
NHL: Panthers
MLB: Marlins (not a big baseball guy)
Soccer: N/A
Boxing: I’m a Mayweather guy best defensive fighter all time
Question

I loved watching Ali so would you say Ali with his bobbing and weaving style would also be one of the best defensive fighters?

Advertisement
CFB - Miami
CBB - Miami & Georgetown
NFL - Dolphins
NBA - Heat
MLB - Marlins
MMA -Anderson Silva, Bones, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Khamzat, Amanda Nuñez, Valentina Shevchenko
Boxing - Currently: Shakur Stevenson, Errol Spence Jr, Terrence Crawford, Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sweet Pea, Hearns, Floyd, Roy, Julio Cesar Chavez, Anthony Hembrick (my first roommate in the Army) became part of the greatest showboating gone wrong videos ever, but still was a respectable pro.

Hate

UF, FSU, UNC, ECU, NC ST, Notre Dame, UGA, ALA, Duke, Syracuse, Patriots, Knicks

College Football: The U and that is it. Canes fan since 1992. Most important team.

NFL: Dolphins, big fan but not as much as the Canes. Also, see soccer below.

NBA: Heat. Not an NBA fanatic.

College Basketball: Canes.

MLB: Red Sox. But I'm not a baseball fanatic.

Soccer: Tottenham Hotspur in England and River Plate in Argentina. Outside of the Canes, these are the teams I care about. A lot.

National teams Argentina and USA

Boxers: Sergio Martinez, Marcos Maidana, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Boom Boom Mancini. Right now Errol Spence Jr.

Despise:

UF, FSU, UNC, VT in that order

Jets

Boca Juniors, ****nal, Chelsea, West Ham in that order

Knicks

Yankees

Any New York team

The Mexican national team and Chilean national team

Root against Brazil but I respect them.
Dam I forgot how much I hate those f#$@. LOL

Messi is going to smack them.

CFB & CBB: Miami & Minnesota.

NFL: Vikings

MLB: Twins & Braves

NBA: Timberwolves

NHL: Wild

MLS: Atlanta United

EPL: Tottenham

Being from Minnesota has pretty much made my sports experience miserable since childhood. Grew up in Atlanta during the Braves run in the 90s-2000s. United games in Mercedes are a really underrated experience. Once I learned about the history of the EPL, I figured Tottenham fit my sports history the best.

I hate the obvious, FSU UF ND Ohio State and Bama. Tennessee fans are probably the worst fan base ever. More for my Gopher fan hood but f*ck Iowa and Wisconsin.

NFL the Packers and the Saints for bounty gate.

NBA not really a team.

MLB it’s the Yankees and Dodgers. Or basically anyone who buys their roster. This Yankees team isn’t as bad as usual.

The rest I don’t have any major hate.

Last edited:
CFB - Miami
CBB - Miami & Georgetown
NFL - Dolphins
NBA - Heat
MLB - Marlins

Hah, pretty much the same for me. Any kid that grew up in Miami in the 80s was typically a Georgetown basketball fan as well. They have sucked for a while though.

As for CFB, I generally dont like other teams but I’ve always kind of like Michigan and USC. Like their unis, fight songs, etc

Advertisement
CFB: Miami Hurricanes
NFL: Carolina Panthers
MLB: Oakland A's (hence the name - Oldham is a town)
Football: Blackburn Rovers
Rugby League: Wigan Warriors
Cricket: Lancashire County Cricket Club

International: England (and Team GB)

I don't give a **** about anyone outside of the above - I don't waste my time hating things.

Advertisement
NCAA
- Football: Canes and the obligatory alma mater.
- Basketball: Kansas Jayhawks, since the Roy Williams era
- Baseball: Canes, no particular reason, figured I’d just stick with the school.
NFL - Dolphins. ugh…..painful existence.
MLB - Mets, surrounded by Yankee and Phils fans drove me to the dark side.
NHL - Red Wings, Stevie Y and Fedorov got me hooked on hockey.
NBA - refuse to watch, only a Steph fan. Grew up a Celtics fan with Bird and Reggie Lewis and gravitated to the LJ and Mourning Hornets teams growing up but the players and game shifted after and became boring as **** to me.
MMA - Rich Franklin and CroCop were my guys. Loved watching Fedor in his prime too. Can’t stomach the lay and pray **** these days and and terrible scoring in UFC vs the old Pride days. Also dont find matchups/cards and extra weight classes appealing these days, so I stopped watching years ago.

For baseball and hockey, I enjoy the local atmosphere of minor league events just as much (sometimes more) than the big league events and all the costs/bs that usually comes with it.

I tend to root for individual players on other teams but not the teams.…unless they are a Patriot or Florida State player.

(y) (y) (y)

College Football: The U and that is it. Canes fan since 1974

NFL: Steelers all day, every day. Second favorite team in all of sports after Miami Football.

NBA: No team but watch playoffs avidly. D-Wade is my favorite NBA player of all-time

College Basketball: Canes. Like the Big East schools a lot, too, going back to when we didn't have a program and those guys like Walter "The Truth" Berry, Pearl Washington, Michael Graham and Ed Pinckney were playing. March Madness is my favorite tournament/playoff event of them all.

MLB: Grew up a Cubs fan but dropped that bad habit by the time I got to college. Don't have a team now, but I like to watch Mookie Betts for the Dodgers

Soccer: Leeds United. Good teams and fans were elite hooligans back in the glory days :LOL:

Boxers: Muhammad Ali and Earnie Shavers. Like Bud Crawford a lot these days. Hope he gets that shot at Erroll Spence Jr. soon

(n) (n) (n)

Colleges: FSU and UF. Same as most of y'all, I reckon
Its all about the U! Coach Leach was my OL coach at VSU, so I pull for his teams. My first ex wife was a Badger, so I pull for them as well. Not against Canes of course!

I like betting NFL and am a mercenary . . . selling out for highest profit!

Advertisement
Question

I loved watching Ali so would you say Ali with his bobbing and weaving style would also be one of the best defensive fighters?
Hard question for me to answer as I am not old enough to have really watched Ali in his hay day. I will say in the footage I’ve seen he had great head movement so stands to reason he was a better than average our top tier defensive fighter.

The reason I say mayweather is the best is simply that in that timeframe from early 2000s to mid 2010s he made well repeated and good fighters look silly they couldn’t touch him for the most part.

CFB: Canes
I do root for Army, and I do have love for Villanova football.
CBB: Villanova. I'll occasionally watch Canes CBB, but being from Philly... 🤷🏿‍♂️
NFL: GO BIRDS. I love Andy Reid and loved **** Vermeil so I have a lot of love for the Chiefs. A also like the Ravens which kinda irks the **** outta me. Lol
NBA: 76ers
MLB: Phillies and Royals
Boxing: Iron Mike, Muhammad Ali and close family friend Bernard Hopkins
MMA: All-time Anderson Silva and George St. Pierre; current.... the last air Bender.

If I were to watch hockey for more than fights, of course, I'm from Philly. The Broad Street Bullies.

I hate the gator and the cowboy equally. The Lakers (except Kobe) are up there.
Other teams I have a strong disdain for:
CFB: ND, FSU, OSU, UNC, Alabama, VT and Pitt
CBB: Duke
NBA: I would say the Knicks, but... can't hate something that doesn't effect your team.
MLB: Marlins. Give us back our holy land.
Boxing: I couldn't stand Lennox Lewis or De La Hoya.

College Football: The U (From Birth). HBCU teams in Florida...FAMU/ BETHUNE COOKMAN I show love to..everybody else is f*ck ya
NFL: Miami Dolphins(from birth)
NBA: Miami Heat. As a kid early 90s..Lakers(All Bahamians were laker fans because of Klay Thompsons dad). Partial to GSW because of Klay Thompson being Bahamian)
College Basketball: Villanova, The U. (Im an old Big East guy)
MLB: Grew up a Braves Fan. Marlins representer (Jazz Chisholm 242 Bahamas)
Boxers: Mike Tyson/Floyd Mayweather Jr/Roy Jones/ Arturo Gatti/Bernard Hopkins (grew up watching Boxing) Tons of boxers I love
Track: All things Bahamas (Shaunae Miller, Stephen Gardner) USAIN BOLT the GOAT.

HATE:
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: UF, FSU, VA TECH ARE TIER 1
TIER 2: BAMA..(REMEMBER CRYING AS A KID THE GAME LAMAR THOMAS GOT WALKED DOWN AN STRIPPED) UNC (lived in the area...they have UM envy) Ohio State

NFL: JETS, BILLS, PATS, COWBOYS
MLB: METS

High School: Dr Michael Krop Hs, St Thomas Aquinas
Youth League: Pembroke Pines Optomist
View attachment 190020
No ND hatred?! TF?!

Advertisement
Back