Besides the Canes, who do you pull for (and who are you against)?

I’ll play:
CFB: Miami (but like @Liberty City El, ain’t too many CFB games I don’t watch.)

NCAAB: UNC (MJ & Brad Daugherty fan…but don’t follow them as closely due to my hatred for their football team & I hate Rashad McCants w/ his weirdo, snitch ***)

NCAAWB: UConn

CBB: Miami (first CBB team I watched in 1992)

Softball: OU & UCLA

NBA: Bulls (begrudgingly)

WNBA: Sky (defending champions)

NFL: Bears (painfully)

MLB: White Sox (compulsively)

NHL: Black Hawks

MLS: Fire (Not sure y, though)

UEFA Champions: Man U & PSG

FIFA: Brazil

PGA: Tiger & McElroy

Boxing: Errol Spence

Formula 1: Lewis Hamilton

NASCAR: Denny Hamlin (used to be huge Jeff Gordon fan b4 he retired)

WTA: The GOAT Serena Williams

ATP: The GOAT Rafael Nadal (huge Pete Sampras fan, who drew me to tennis)

Cricket Nat’l Team: India

Rugby: New Zealand (High School teacher’s son played for NZ)

Teams I absolutely despise:

CFB: ND , FSU, UF (UNC is running close)

NCAAB: Duke (& my punk *** lil relative just decided to go there for grad school) & ND

NCAAWB: Duke & ND

CBB: FSU, ND

Softball: FSU, ND

NBA: Lakers

NFL: Packers, Cowboys, Raiders

MLB: Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers

NHL: Blues, Redwings

MLS: Galaxy

UEFA Champions: Man City

FIFA: Argentina

PGA: Phil Lefty Michelson

Boxing: N/A (too much respect for the entire sport)

The other sports I don’t have too much hate for rivals, although Federer started becoming a bit annoying the last 5 yrs for me. No hate for any driver in NASCAR or Formula 1, again a lot respect for those guys for they do.

Advertisement
NFL - Patriots
MLB - Red Sox
NBA - Celtics
NHL - Bruins
CFB, CBB, C Baseball - Canes
C Hockey - BC

I can root for teams from Tampa like the Lightning or the Bucs because I grew up in that area. The same goes for the Titans and the Predators since I live in Nashville now. I'm a fan of Boston teams because I was born there, plus a lot of my family members are huge fans of the teams, but I only lived there until I was 8, so the Tampa teams would have been my # 1's if it weren't for my family.

The Canes were the only team I became a fan of on my own. I always liked the Canes as like a secondary team when I was younger, but I rooted for BC because my dad liked them. I lost interest though because they'll always be a mediocre cfb program, but I still root for the hockey team. From 2008 to 2016, I didn't care much for college sports at all. The Canes became my team in 2016 when I moved to West Palm Beach, and started working with and around a lot of Canes fans. Watching games with those people got me back into college sports, and I knew the Canes were my team when we lost to Pitt in 2017, it felt exactly like when the Pats lost in 07 to the Giants. Like someone just ripped my heart out, lol.

Now, I follow Canes sports more than any of the professional teams. I think Boston sports had a good run the past 20 years, though, so I'm not complaining. I'd much rather the Canes return to prominence for these next 20 years. God, I want to see the U dominate again in my lifetime. I couldn't appreciate it when I was 9, and the 01' team won it all.

Only other college I root for is FAMU I grew up in Tallahassee. My dad and mom from Miami though my dad has been a Cane since the 70’s by the mid 90’s when I was old enough to watch been a Cane since then.

NFL-Dolphins
NBA-The heat

(y) (y) (y)

College Football: The U and that is it. Canes fan since 1974

NFL: Steelers all day, every day. Second favorite team in all of sports after Miami Football.

NBA: No team but watch playoffs avidly. D-Wade is my favorite NBA player of all-time

College Basketball: Canes. Like the Big East schools a lot, too, going back to when we didn't have a program and those guys like Walter "The Truth" Berry, Pearl Washington, Michael Graham and Ed Pinckney were playing. March Madness is my favorite tournament/playoff event of them all.

MLB: Grew up a Cubs fan but dropped that bad habit by the time I got to college. Don't have a team now, but I like to watch Mookie Betts for the Dodgers

Soccer: Leeds United. Good teams and fans were elite hooligans back in the glory days :LOL:

Boxers: Muhammad Ali and Earnie Shavers. Like Bud Crawford a lot these days. Hope he gets that shot at Erroll Spence Jr. soon

(n) (n) (n)

Colleges: FSU and UF. Same as most of y'all, I reckon
Miami Hurricanes. Then I watch my alma maters' sports--University of North Georgia and North Carolina State University.

NFL: Atlanta Falcons.
NBA: Miami Heat, then the Atlanta Hawks.
NHL: Florida Panthers, then the Colorado Avalanche. Was a HUGE Atlanta Thrashers (Defunct) fan but they got sold and shipped.
MLB: Atlanta Braves--**** the Marlins. Useless *** hoes.

I watch UFC, Olympic sports (when its on), and on occasion; NHRA drag racing, Japanese X-League football.

Grew up in Orlando, moved here when I was 3 or 4 around 1982.

Teams I cheer for:
College football - Diehard fan of Miami 100% obviously. Wife is from Michigan, so we watch their games too. (I also cheer for whoever is playing uf, fsu, nc, ohio state, clemson, alabama etc...)
NFL - Dolphins, no one else. But when they aren't playing or aren't on tv, we usually watch whatever game is on.
MLB - Rays. Grew up watching the Braves on TBS but jumped on the Rays bandwagon mid 2000's when they had Longoria, Price, Shields, Garza, Crawford, Upton... man I loved those guys. It's an easy drive to St Pete, so we go to a few games a year, take the kids to the beach, Florida Aquarium etc...
NBA - Overall I hate the NBA but I guess I've been a Magic fan since year one in 1989. They are so hard to cheer for, what a poorly run franchise. I don't give them credit for drafting Shaq and Dwight, they were the obvious picks at number 1. They've messed up SO many times I've lost count. Again, worst run NBA franchise behind the Kings maybe?
College Baseball - UM, I try to stream as many games as I can. Wish they'd have a home series on the same weekend as the Spring Game. Not sure why that isn't an annual thing. Would be a great thing for the fans!
College Basketball - UM but I'm not invested.
NHL - don't watch much hockey at all. But if I had to choose, I guess it would be the Lightning.

Having said all that, Hurricanes football is my passion. No other team comes close.

Advertisement
(y) (y) (y)

NFL: Steelers all day, every day. Second favorite team in all of sports after Miami Football.

NBA: No team but watch playoffs avidly. D-Wade is my favorite NBA player of all-time

College Basketball: Canes. Like the Big East schools a lot, too, going back to when we didn't have a program and those guys like Walter "The Truth" Berry, Pearl Washington, Michael Graham and Ed Pinckney were playing. March Madness is my favorite tournament/playoff event of them all.

MLB: Grew up a Cubs fan but dropped that bad habit by the time I got to college. Don't have a team now, but I like to watch Mookie Betts for the Dodgers

Soccer: Leeds United. Good teams and fans were elite hooligans back in the glory days :LOL:

Boxers: Muhammad Ali and Earnie Shavers. Like Bud Crawford a lot these days. Hope he gets that shot at Erroll Spence Jr. soon

(n) (n) (n)

College Football - Canes and anyone that beats Ohio Taint.
NFL - love the game, not specific teams, although I do pull for Buffalo when it is relevant.
NBA - no time for it.
College B-Ball - no time for it - in younger days, followed Cuse.
MLB - no time for it, and it is not the game I loved as a kid - I hardly recognize it.
Soccer - only important if Brazil or Italy are winning the World Cup - otherwise, boring.
Boxers - too violent, too many titles, too many federations - sham!
NHL - good reason to build a wall on our northern border.
Golf - good reason for agrarian reform.
Colleges - only one counts - UM

Last edited:
CFB: CANES
NFL: Cleveland browns
NBA: Cavs
MLB: Cleveland Indians
CBB: CANES , makin money in March 🤑
NHL: Penguins

Teams I HATE
CFB: Florida, FSU, OSU,
NFL: Steelers, Raiders
NBA: Lakers
MLB: Cubs
CBB: none just love March madness
NHL: Rangers.

Favorite

CFB- Canes
MLB- Cubs
NFL- Bears
NBA- Bulls
NHL- Blackhawks

Hate

CFB- ND, UF, OSU
NFL- Vikings, SF, Dolphins, Philly (I have more but I'll end it there)
MLB- Marlins, Yankees, Cards, Dodgers, White Sox
NBA- Heat, Lakers

Advertisement
CFB: Miami (Alumni) is obviously #1 by a mile, Texas A&M (Dad played ball there), LSU (Mom/mom's whole side of family went there), and have always rooted for SMU randomly. Also, any team that is playing FSU or Texas

MLB: Astros

NFL: Cowboys, Josh Allen, TB12

NHL: Stars and the Avs

NBA: Spurs, also, was lucky enough to watch Lebron in Miami in person when I was in college, have always been a fan of whoever he plays for

Tennis: Novak, Fed

Teams I f*ckin hate:
CFB: FSU #1 by a country mile, UF, Notre Dame, Texas, Bama, and VT
NBA: Warriors, Kevin Durant

College Football: Miami Hurricanes

NFL: Giants

NBA: Used to like the Blazers but I don't care much about them or the NBA anymore. Even before the Marxist political crap the game has changed too much from what I grew up watching. Politics just pushed me over the edge I was already on.

College Basketball: I don't watch until March and it is just cause I like the tournament.
Usually root for Kansas, Syracuse or Illini. Canes bandwagon when good.

MLB: Let's Go Mets.

Soccer: National teams: Colombia, USA.
Clubs: Any Club teams with Colombians and USA players.

Hockey: Rangers but don't watch it as much as I used to.

Last edited:
Cfb i like to see University of Buffalo do well, im pretty much an equally vested fan for both the vikings and bills(home team/for my dad who's no longer here) for nfl at this point, and I've got a soft spot for Georgetown/76ers because of Iverson
Don't say that, they will call you a University of Buffalo homer going forward.

Advertisement
Dolphins
Heat
Liverpool
Orioles, I lived in Baltimore when I was very young, that city loves the Orioles and it stuck with me.

NCAA: Canes
NFL: Patriots
NBA: Celtics
NHL: Bruins
MLB: Red Sox
European Football: Liverpool

Advertisement
im catholic
1656265467181.gif

Got to be a story behind someone hating Krop's football team

Portland Timbers Sport GIF by Timbers
lost to them in the semifinlas my junior year.
We overlooked them and were preparing for Tyrone Moss and Ely. That bein said...there was a phantom block in the back on a punt return taken to the house with 2mins left that would of won the game. Our head coach corched it up Manny style some of the worst coaching decisions ever, still had a chance to win......and he got a 15 yard penalty for yelling n spitting on a ref which knocked us out of field goal range.
Ever since then ive hated them.

Our head coach corched it up Manny style some of the worst coaching decisions ever, still had a chance to win......and he got a 15 yard penalty for yelling n spitting on a ref which knocked us out of field goal range.

Won't even ask how you feel about this dude

(y) (y) (y)

(n) (n) (n)

Being a big time sports fan is a HUGE waste of time and emotional energy. I have weaned myself off of all sports.... Except for my beloved Canes.. football, but I will check out any other Canes sport if we are doing well. So its ALL CANES for me, f*ck everything else.

That said, I love to see the teams I hate lose.
Ohio State
Gators
ND
FSU.

Advertisement
Back