Besides the Canes, who do you pull for (and who are you against)?

CFB - Miami; Don’t necessarily root for any other team but I watch literally every team

CBB - Georgetown & Miami; Love CBB in general so I’ll watch just about any team

NFL - Baltimore Ravens; Watch every team

NBA - Don’t really have a favorite NBA team, Kobe is my favorite player of All-time; Only really like watching certain players, not really a big fan of today’s game.

MLB - Marlins (sigh 😞); I’m a huge MLB fan so I’ll watch quite a few teams because there’s a ton of young upcoming talent in the MLB nowadays. Vlad Guerrero Sr was my favorite player of All-time & Vlad Guerrero Jr is favorite player currently in the league.

Soccer - Liga Bancomer; Pachuca, Mazatlán & Puebla

MMA - Current: Israel Adesanya, Khamzat Chimaev, Islam Makhachev, Belal Muhammad, Kamaru Usman, Gilbert Burns, Carlos Leal Miranda, Muslim Salikov, Rafael dos Anjos, Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Aljamain Sterling, Amanda Nuñez, Valentina Shevchenko Weili Zhang

Khabib Nurmagomedov

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts/BJJ - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Roger Gracie, Eddie Bravo, John Danaher, Marcus Buchecha Almeida, Ronaldo Junior, Gordon Ryan, Tim Spriggs, Mica Galvao, Erich Munis do Santos, Johnatha Barbosa Alves, Tainan Dalpra Costa, Fabricio Andrew Batista-Junior, Raimundo Diego Pinto-Sodre, Shane Jamil Hill-Taylor

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Currently: Shakur Stevenson, Naoya Inoue, Jaime Munguía, Errol Spence Jr, David Benavidez, Jermell & Jermall Charlo, Terrence Crawford, Vergil Ortiz Jr, Regis Prograis, William Zepeda, Rey Vargas

All Time: Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Theotis Beasley, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams, Dashawn Jordan, Paul Rodriguez, Ishod Wair

Teams that I hate:

CFB - UF, FSU, UNC, Notre Dame, UGA

CBB - Duke, Syracuse, Ohio State, UF, UCONN, Villanova & Creighton

NFL - Patriots, Browns

NBA - Mavericks & Knicks

MLB - Red Sox, Yankees & Rays

Only professional fighters I ever hated was Oscar De La Hoya & Ramon Dekkers
Why no Archie Moore.

Advertisement
NCAA - All things Canes and ECU. Bama for football (my brother went there). College football is the only sport I follow with vigor, so I'll watch anyone. Georgetown basketball.

NFL - Enjoy watching, but no rooting interest
NBA, NHL, MLB - Couldn't care less

My teams in order:
Canes- been a fan since childhood starting watching around 88, my ride or die..if we’re ever great again, I’m going to be beyond obnoxious..
****nal- became addicted during wengerball.
England-I’m half English and loved the hooligan culture growing up..

Hate with a passion:
Financially Strapped U- odious little bro program, their downfall has been glorious to watch..
Lakers- don’t really give a toss about bball but know quite a few obnoxious fans of theirs so I hate their guts
Usc football- see previous
Man United/totty..Fvck both of them..

CFB: Canes
CBB: SLU (alma mater), Illinois was my team growing up (home state)
MLB: Cardinals
NFL: Packers
NHL: Blues
NBA: **** that
Golf: Rory, Kisner are probably my favorites right now, but there are a lot of likeable golfers

I generally dislike fanbases more than I dislike other teams or their players.

Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bears fans which are also generally ND fans can EaD

Last edited:
Advertisement
NCAAF: Miami
NCAAB: Miami
NCAABB: Miami
NFL: Raiders and Cowboys (Thank my moms for that!)🙄
MLB: NYY (From ages 8-23, I lived in 2 places, GA and NYC)
NBA: I got caught up in the Showtime Lakers as a kid, but honestly… I’ve followed at least 5-6 NBA teams since. I tend to follow individual players rather than teams in the NBA, nowadays.🤷🏾‍♂️

Teams I hate: UF, ND, FSU, ‘Skins (yeah, I know), DeadSox, Steelers (The minute Mike Tomlin is no longer their coach, 🤣).

College Football: Miami

Other College Sports: Miami and University of North Florida
NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars
NBA: Lakers
MLB: Marlins
All-Time Boxing: Bernard Hopkins

Hockey: USA (about the only time I watch)

germany berlin GIF by Team Coco

Advertisement
Cane's, from the hail flutie flakes game.

Dolphins. Marino, and the Marx brothers.

Pittsburgh Pirates. Willie Stargill.

Kansas City Royals. Bo Jackson.

Chicago Bulls. Jordan 2 years in. Would he get past the Pistons

Aztecs my little baby Cane. I was accepted to both universities but there's no way my family is going to be able afford Miami money. I should have just gone to SDSU. Loads of talent. Ended up a Hornet. Eeh, I had fun still.

Great question op.

Canes football, hoya bball, and miami heat. Nothing else. Hate pro football. Love baseball playoffs but nor regular season. Same with Hockey.

Advertisement
CFB: Miami since 1981

No fan interest in other CFB teams. Have friends with deep Oregon connections, and they were entertaining with Chip Kelly. Rooted for Mario to do well there, and he did, and returned home. If the Ducks do well my friends are happy, and that’s good. They aren’t a rival of the Canes.

USC fans are some of the most arrogant I’ve ever met, so no bueno to the Trojans.

Meh to the Big 12 and Big 10. Ohio State and Notre Dame can f-off, as can the entire $EC.

I’ve little conference pride for the ACC but I will chuckle and smile when an ACC team wins OOC. Unless it’s F$U, in which case a 0-0 tie is a win-win.

NFL: Tampa Bay since 1977

Might watch an NFL game with name former Canes playing or coaching, like the Bills, now that Dorsey is OC. Also a fan of Bills QB Josh Allen, but wouldn’t call myself a Bills fan. I’ll root for Dorsey to do well, like any other Cane. Unless the Bills were playing the Bucs. I am a fan of Justin Herbert, so I root for him to perform well for the Chargers. More of a fan of a few players, rather than their team. Was a fan of Ben Roethlisberger, so therefore had an interest in the Steelers.

Have a strong dislike of the Rams, Packers, Cowboys, especially, and meh to the remainder of the NFC.

Ambivalent towards most of the AFC, except the mentioned Bills and Chargers. Maybe the Steelers, we’ll see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canes since 1983.
CBB: Canes & Georgetown
Dolphins
Lakers
Yankees
New York Rangers
Manchester United

Broncos
Heat
Canes for all college sports
Love boxing i watch almost everything

After that i root for any Miami hurricane in any professional sports…then its anyone from Florida especially South Florida

Hate
Chiefs AND Raiders
Celtics and Knicks too but they suck so its no fun
UF FSU ND VA TECH UNC

Advertisement
Back