Benedict Cristobal is gone

He should (and hopefully will) be blacklisted from all things UM - forever. If he thinks Garcia had an unmanageable ego, just wait until he has to deal with Satan for a year. I hope Satan defeats his soul.

Advertisement
******* sellout. POS traitor. Wasn't too upset when he left for FIU but to leave again without even coaching in your first practice to become the o-line coach at Alabama? GTFOH!! Dead to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've been with The Franchise all along. As soon as I heard he was going to do the interview he might as well have left. At first I thought he was just talking to Saban out of courtesy, but f*** him and anyone who doesn't want to be part of the U getting back to the top of college football.

F*** this ******. Wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

Advertisement
@ByPapaCane: Key Details in Alabama Hiring of Mario Cristobal - Deal was done this weekend. Almost tripled his salary & gets Assistant HC tag. #MySources

this dude had the audacity to hashtag "my sources"

no I don't follow him I saw it on my tl

Benedict Cristobal should never be allowed back

Last edited by a moderator:
I think first try to take the emotion out of it.

From Mario's side- even if you take away the theoretical or real benefits of working with Saban as it relates to your future, from a pure financial standpoint, I think its easy for everyone here to say, it shouldnt be about the money. But if someone is paying you $400k more than you were making, kind of hard to say no. That one year alone pays for all your kids college needs gap wise (private school). Listen, I hate the move, I think its wrong. But I understand it.

THAT SAID

From UM perspective- I hope Mario never wanted to be the HC here at Miami cause I think he just killed that potential forever. I'm a Booster, as many on here are. If his name comes into the conversation down the road, you bet your *** that I and a ton of others will be writing, calling Blake and Donna (or whoever is in their chairs then) STRONGLY OBJECTING to Mario getting a shot. And yes it matters. It mattered (as a factor, not the deciding factor) in Blake actually getting the job. Not speculation. Direct conversations, it mattered how the community reacted to Blake over the last 4 months. I know many other boosters and people in the admin who have influence that I know will react the same way.

Mario is dead to us. Yes a cane is a cane forever, but that doesn't mean your actions don't impact your ability to be a cane in another form in the future. Mario just blew it long term (if thats what he wanted), even if it is logical short term financially.

Bye Benedict. I understand your decision, still gonna hate on you.

P.S.- if he needed the money, he should have taken the NFL offers that were on the table back when he got hired. He could have had the cash without ******** over his school.

Last edited:
Lol so much butthurt over Mario leaving now instead of after the season. The guy is getting a raise and would have left before signing day next year.This gives us time to find a good recruiter that can build relationships with recruits.

Advertisement
Imagine how many NCs Bama will win in next ten years or longer after they have hired ex-Cane coach who has strong connections to high schools in South Florida. Man, I am so ****ed off.

I defended this guy earlier in the thread but now I cannot any longer. This was a low move. If he was chasing the money all along he should have never taken the UM job. Why do that to the school you supposedly love? Im all about progression and moving up to bigger/better things but there is a way to do that without ******** with people. ****, Mario. Smh. Well we see now what Pete Garcia was talking about and why they fired his a$$. This guy lives by the "grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side" theory i see.

Imagine how many NCs Bama will win in next ten years or longer after they have hired ex-Cane coach who has strong connections to high schools in South Florida. Man, I am so ****ed off.

to be fair, saban didnt need mario to recruit SFL. he was doing just fine without mario (also remember saban already had ties in SFL with the dolphins)

Advertisement
Back