Off-Topic Beer

Advertisement
I love IPAs.

For the Atlanta folks, if you can make it out to Creature Comforts in Athens, that's my all-time favorite.
Ive enjoyed some of their IPAs. Great call. Marijuana either was just decriminalized or is about to be in Athens . . . lets get the party started.

Oh yea. I spent way too much time there before a Phish show a few years back. We get a good amount in Atlanta… Heist, Wooden Robot, Burial (Asheville). Which other spots in the region do you like? We have not gotten Fonta Flora in a long while.
Other than Charlotte, I haven't been to that many in the region. Been to Sierrra Nevada which is really nice. Been to Wickid Weed. I've had Fonta Flora but never been to the brewery. It was good.

Other than Charlotte, I haven't been to that many in the region. Been to Sierrra Nevada which is really nice. Been to Wickid Weed. I've had Fonta Flora but never been to the brewery. It was good.
If you live in Charlotte, Monday Night out of Atlanta just announced they’re opening a taproom there. They make some really excellent stouts and REALLY skillet hazies.

Advertisement
Stouts are my fave.
They make some great ones. When they first started they were candidly just so so and I don’t love most of their fixture beers, so they get a bit of a weird rap. But their barrel aged beers and hop hut hazies are on par with anyone.

Do you get Orpheus distributed up there? Their stouts are amazing. Same with real barrel aged sours. One of the most underrated breweries in the country.

They make some great ones. When they first started they were candidly just so so and I don’t love most of their fixture beers, so they get a bit of a weird rap. But their barrel aged beers and hop hut hazies are on par with anyone.

Do you get Orpheus distributed up there? Their stouts are amazing. Same with real barrel aged sours. One of the most underrated breweries in the country.
I am not familiar.

Ive enjoyed some of their IPAs. Great call. Marijuana either was just decriminalized or is about to be in Athens . . . lets get the party started.
Tropicalia!
Orpheus is great! I agree, they have good stouts - I had an oatmeal stout when I was there and it was really good.

IPAs :sick:

Figured we should leave Inflation thread
A nice drinkable moderate alcohol IPA is good old Goose Island IPA, I usually go for that or a Lagunitas. Very consistent and reliable. Really don't care for some of the high alcohol versions ... no need for 7-9% beer ... those are more like barley wines. It's all about balance ... good hop character, nice malt body and a nice ale yeast. Goose Island is 5.9% Alcohol, 55 IBU's (international bittering units) and has a nice balanced taste.

Last edited:
Advertisement
image.jpg

Currently enjoying….they just have DDH IIPA’s down

I just ordered a case from Other Half, giving it a shot based on your post. I got afew of their IPAs based on my likes. Any you recommend in particular? Unfortunately Equilibrium does not ship to Florida. Not sure why more breweries don’t ship direct to customer.
@redcane

Receive your case ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ever had a gold rush? 2 shots of bourbon 3/4 shot fresh squeezed lemon juice 3/4 shot honey syrup (simple syrup made from honey).

Advertisement
Back