Off-Topic Beer

Being in central NC, lot of access to terrific beer. Raleigh and eastward you got Trophy Brewing, Casita, and Hopfly. Wilmington area has New Anthem and Wilmington Brewing Co.

Going west toward Appalachia you have Burial, Bhramari, Pisgah, Sierra Nevada, NoDa, and Fonta Flora.

Advertisement
Just booked my flight the other day. I haven’t even heard of Taco Mac so might check it out. Thanks!
If you come into town for the Georgia Tech game . . . Do you have Taco Mac in the Midwest? They have an absurd number of beers on draft . . . in the hundreds I believe.
Taco Mac used to be great but that was a long time ago. They got bought out and then it sold and the food, service, and beers actually in stock have gone downhill big time. For Atlanta (in town), here are some good picks:

Beer Bars:
Brick Store Pub
The Porter

Brewpubs:
Wrecking Bar
Torched Hop
Twains

Breweries:
Monday Night (and garage) - hop hut beers
Three Taverns Imaginarium (and the original in Decatur) - sours, IPAs, all of it
Halfway Crooks - Pilsner’s and lagers
Little cottage - barrel aged beers and everything else
Orpheus - traditional sours, adjunct stouts, everything barrel aged
Inner Voice - IPAs

Taco Mac used to be great but that was a long time ago. They got bought out and then it sold and the food, service, and beers actually in stock have gone downhill big time. For Atlanta (in town), here are some good picks:

Beer Bars:
Brick Store Pub
The Porter

Brewpubs:
Wrecking Bar
Torched Hop
Twains

Breweries:
Monday Night (and garage) - hop hut beers
Three Taverns Imaginarium (and the original in Decatur) - sours, IPAs, all of it
Halfway Crooks - Pilsner’s and lagers
Little cottage - barrel aged beers and everything else
Orpheus - traditional sours, adjunct stouts, everything barrel aged
Inner Voice - IPAs
Thanks!

Being in central NC, lot of access to terrific beer. Raleigh and eastward you got Trophy Brewing, Casita, and Hopfly. Wilmington area has New Anthem and Wilmington Brewing Co.

Going west toward Appalachia you have Burial, Bhramari, Pisgah, Sierra Nevada, NoDa, and Fonta Flora.
Mother Earth is massively underrated. I generally only drink light beer, but I’ll make an exception for them. Red Oak as well.

Side note, that new seltzer brewery in Charlotte, is garbage.

Advertisement
Mother Earth is massively underrated. I generally only drink light beer, but I’ll make an exception for them. Red Oak as well.

Side note, that new seltzer brewery in Charlotte, is garbage.
Mother Earth is pretty good stuff. Another East NC favorite of mine is Duck Rabbit - their milk stout is the best I've had by far.

Mother Earth is pretty good stuff. Another East NC favorite of mine is Duck Rabbit - their milk stout is the best I've had by far.
Never had that one. But I can guarantee if it’s a milk stout I will not be trying it lmao. Mother Earth is the best brewery I’ve been to, for someone who prefers light beer. It’s even better in a keg. And it was the cheapest place to get one refilled about a decade ago.

Advertisement
Never had that one. But I can guarantee if it’s a milk stout I will not be trying it lmao. Mother Earth is the best brewery I’ve been to, for someone who prefers light beer. It’s even better in a keg. And it was the cheapest place to get one refilled about a decade ago.
Ha. Yeah stouts are an acquired taste! Duck Rabbit was micro-cool before micro's were cool.

Is Mother Earth Brewery the one with industrial/modern taproom? Lots of stainless and glass? In Kinston near Chef and Farmer right?

Found a 4 pack of these on sale, never tried it. @Bender what's your take?

1659061629352.png

It's not bad, not a real Lowenbrau though, and not the Duvel I just ran out of ha.

Ha. Yeah stouts are an acquired taste! Duck Rabbit was micro-cool before micro's were cool.

Is Mother Earth Brewery the one with industrial/modern taproom? Lots of stainless and glass? In Kinston near Chef and Farmer right?
I’m a simpleton when it comes to beer. When I walk into a brewery (never my idea) I ask for the closest thing they have to Bud Light.

Yep and it’s got that rooftop space. It’s basically a block further down Heritage St from Chef and Farmer

I’m a simpleton when it comes to beer. When I walk into a brewery (never my idea) I ask for the closest thing they have to Bud Light.

Yep and it’s got that rooftop space. It’s basically a block further down Heritage st.
Ha. We like what we like! Kinston's downtown has come a long way, but Kinston is still a f'ing ****hole haha.

Advertisement
Ha. We like what we like! Kinston's downtown has come a long way, but Kinston is still a f'ing ****hole haha.
Been a handful of years since I’ve been down there. But that place will always be exactly that. Granger stadium is beautiful though. Great park to play in and watch a game at.

Advertisement
Its in a can so thats just... eh.

Its got a strong aftertaste for a pils. Some people like that, I dont personally dont. As long as its ice cold, everything's fine.
Do you like IPAs? The aftertaste of an IPA is an acquired taste I think!

For my South Florida people...

Unbranded and Beat Culture are probably my two favorite local breweries in Dade right now.

Advertisement
Back