Off-Topic Beer

Advertisement
I’m far from a brew connoisseur, but generally I like to take a couple of shots of this,

883C0B2F-D818-461F-BFEA-FADD5D78435A.jpeg

Followed by this…

09F1A809-BAE3-40E0-949D-300B82BD50C6.jpeg

I like beers you can taste. That’s about the extent of my beer knowledge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Currently enjoying some Mischevious Intent IPA from Meanwhile Brewing in Austin, TX. A great brewery if you’re ever in town. Also on deck is an ice cold Pilsner from Austin Beer Garden Brewing. Cheers!!

Being in central NC, lot of access to terrific beer. Raleigh and eastward you got Trophy Brewing, Casita, and Hopfly. Wilmington area has New Anthem and Wilmington Brewing Co.

Going west toward Appalachia you have Burial, Bhramari, Pisgah, Sierra Nevada, NoDa, and Fonta Flora.
Burial is awesome. NoDa is Charlotte unless they've put a brewery in Asheville since I left NC. I used to live in Charlotte. I spent a lot of time at NoDa, Triple C, Wooden Robot, exc. The beer scene is just massive in NC.

With all that said, I think California has the best beer and being in Arizona, I am lucky to have access to a lot it. There's a taproom here called Waundering Tortoise that is just next level. They bring in a lot of beer from California. Ironically, they did a tap take over a year or so ago with Burial. Thought it was cool for a place in AZ to bring in North Carolina beer.

Advertisement
For the past year or so I've basically been ordering from Other Half or Equilibrium and having cases delivered to my door. I feel both are in the top echelon when it comes to NE IPA's. Once in awhile I'll order from Tired Hands if they have free shipping, which is rare.

For variety we usually hit brewpubs and sample the local beers, Hidden River in Douglasville Pa is excellent.

For the past year or so I've basically been ordering from Other Half or Equilibrium and having cases delivered to my door. I feel both are in the top echelon when it comes to NE IPA's. Once in awhile I'll order from Tired Hands if they have free shipping, which is rare.

For variety we usually hit brewpubs and sample the local beers, Hidden River in Douglasville Pa is excellent.
I just ordered a case from Other Half, giving it a shot based on your post. I got afew of their IPAs based on my likes. Any you recommend in particular? Unfortunately Equilibrium does not ship to Florida. Not sure why more breweries don’t ship direct to customer.

Advertisement
Send me that De Garde brah!
I assume you have been to NoDa. Have you had a chance to visit other sports in Charlotte? Once upon a time, I drank too much Hop, Drop, & Roll and I was at my parents puking in the toilet. My mom decided to come into the bathroom and jab me in the ribs with a broom just to **** with me.

I just ordered a case from Other Half, giving it a shot based on your post. I got afew of their IPAs based on my likes. Any you recommend in particular? Unfortunately Equilibrium does not ship to Florida. Not sure why more breweries don’t ship direct to customer.
I'll be honest...much more a fan of double IPA's than singles.. That said, i really haven't had much from Other Half I haven't liked and ordered again. Tremendous Cream is one of my favorites. The Daydreamiest Oat Cream Imperial IPA is delicious. All Citra Everything. Double Mosaic Dream.

If you like that style, I'd be flabbergasted if you don't enjoy OH.

Let me know what you got and how you liked it

I assume you have been to NoDa. Have you had a chance to visit other sports in Charlotte? Once upon a time, I drank too much Hop, Drop, & Roll and I was at my parents puking in the toilet. My mom decided to come into the bathroom and jab me in the ribs with a broom just to **** with me.
Oh yea. I spent way too much time there before a Phish show a few years back. We get a good amount in Atlanta… Heist, Wooden Robot, Burial (Asheville). Which other spots in the region do you like? We have not gotten Fonta Flora in a long while.

Advertisement
Back