beard gone or not

Everyone is saying to move beard to another job.

Why?

Our WRs are better this year.

He has as many years coaching WRs as McClendon.

If he sucks next year, fire him.

Advertisement

Why?

Our WRs are better? B/c the injured guys played and are upperclassmen? 5 star Stacey Coley making some plays doesn't mean Kevin Beard is teaching anything.

Why?

McClendon was a college coach for close to a decade. Beard is a high school coach.

does Beard offer anything to us besides his connection to Sam Bruce? honest question.

He's a good wr coach I think that unit did well under his tutelage

How exactly did his unit do well?

They caught the ball made big plays and coley improved from his sophomore year

They also committed a ridiculous amount of of offsides, false starts, drops, and unsportsmanlike penalties.

Advertisement
Heard Beard is not Retained as the WR coach. But, a position may be available to him if he would like to stay.

Ice and Don'Freetoe are the only coaches I haven't heard anything about. We all know Don'Freetoe is gone and we'll know upon the DC announcement. Ice is good for local recruiting and has done a good job with the RB's.

But, the writing's on the wall, this will be an SEC coaching staff from top to bottom.

Since so many people have a hard on for Beard, keep him, but give him one of these titles (these are real positions on our staff last year):

Quality Control Analyst / Offense
Director of Football Operations
Assistant Director of Football Operations
Director of Player Personnel
Director of Player Development
Director of On-Campus Recruiting (Offensive Personnel)
Assistant Director of Operations / Recruiting

Exactly... I would put him in some role like this and keep Ice as the assistant director of football operations and tell them how you like your coffee.

What has Ice done, besides trash the program publicly, to deserve a cushy easy job? Those positions should go to young, hungry dudes who want to get a jumpstart to a collegiate coaching career. Not some old GED holder who trashed Miami when he didn't get his way. Fvck Ice.

I think an evaluation of what he has done would be up to his boss.

Sometimes you put people in cushy jobs to serve you and not them. Guys who get paid big bucks are usually big picture guys and how the transition takes hold is one thing they analyze deeply.

Heard Beard is not Retained as the WR coach. But, a position may be available to him if he would like to stay.

Ice and Don'Freetoe are the only coaches I haven't heard anything about. We all know Don'Freetoe is gone and we'll know upon the DC announcement. Ice is good for local recruiting and has done a good job with the RB's.

But, the writing's on the wall, this will be an SEC coaching staff from top to bottom.

I understand the SEC coaching staff but there are SEC teams after beard he needs to be retained

Advertisement
does Beard offer anything to us besides his connection to Sam Bruce? honest question.

They also committed a ridiculous amount of of offsides, false starts, drops, and unsportsmanlike penalties.

Cant deny this.

Why?

Our WRs are better? B/c the injured guys played and are upperclassmen? 5 star Stacey Coley making some plays doesn't mean Kevin Beard is teaching anything.

Stacy wasn't a 5 star. The only 5 star wr in his class was Treadwell.

Advertisement

Cant deny this.

That's on golden and the staff as a whole the team was a undisciplined bunch

We are justifying keeping mediocrity....my how we have fallen. Beard can go...didn't see marketed improvement. Too many bad penalties. Get a experienced WR coach in here

Advertisement
ice harris is gone. that is what is being reported. its been reported multiple places. beard on the other hand may or may not be retained.

it thought wr's played well most of year. biggest issue with wr numbers to me was play calling by coley. they had one pass in redzone one. they never used play action and liked to run ball from 4 from shotgun. another horrid play call in redzone.

coley was misused for 2 straight years. thats not on beard its on coley and how he calls a game. beard to me made wr's better. for most part we saw less drops better routes and better heart from wr's then last year.

Why?

Yes. They are better you slobbering knuckledragger.

Why?

Stacy wasn't a 5 star. The only 5 star wr in his class was Treadwell.

Five star four star. Who cares as long as it fits this retards agenda?

Advertisement
Back