beard gone or not

clg003

Junior
Premium
Bruce said that Richt told him Hurley Brown and Dorito are gone, wouldn't he have told him about Beard? Also Herald reporting that Beard might not be gone.

Sounds like the Beard talk may be premature.

Advertisement
does Beard offer anything to us besides his connection to Sam Bruce? honest question.

we don't know anything officially. i think some is from sources and some is speculation. we know donofrio, coley are gone even if not announced yet. hurlie brown, kareem brown, paul williams , art kehoe are pretty much confirmed. ice harris has no role left with thomas brown coming in , kevin beard i think is gone.

pete has been pretty spot on with his tweets. i wouldn't expect anyone but scott to be kept as thats being reported by many sources. i expect to kn ow more by end of week then now though.

Advertisement
I have no way of knowing how good of a coach he is. Miami always has good receivers.

He does seems like the type of guy that Richt might entertain keeping.

I dont think you keep any coach for one player, but if Richt evaluates him as a keeper I am fine with it.

I would think Richt could keep some guys that could help pave the way in recruiting and if they don't work out let them go next season. I figured Hurley could be that guy but the LB coach is pertinent and with all three lb commits being EEs it made it easier to drop Hurley. I am not sure the WR coach at Miami is that pertinent and Beard may not be the best but he is definitely not going to hurt you.

Advertisement
does Beard offer anything to us besides his connection to Sam Bruce? honest question.

He's a good wr coach I think that unit did well under his tutelage
Of course this is just my opinion but I think our WR's need a great deal of work...They cannot block downfield, they have trouble,. at the line of scrimmage, getting off the oposition's db's and drop about as many passes as they catch...Nobody was a speed burner including the prima donna Stacey Coley..The Washington State game was about normal for our Wr's, with dropped passes and bad blocks--cost us two touchdowns...

According to Football Scoop Beard was told to look at other opportunities but he can interview for his current position. Basically if Richt can't find anyone that is better, Beard may be rehired.

He's a good wr coach I think that unit did well under his tutelage
Of course this is just my opinion but I think our WR's need a great deal of work...They cannot block downfield, they have trouble,. at the line of scrimmage, getting off the oposition's db's and drop about as many passes as they catch...Nobody was a speed burner including the prima donna Stacey Coley..The Washington State game was about normal for our Wr's, with dropped passes and bad blocks--cost us two touchdowns...

That game was not normal... sorry but that's a stretch. Scott hasn't dropped wide open passes like that all season. Dude was wide FN open on many of them. I hate excuses but the snow and the cold had to be part of that.

Also that block in the back was the 2nd dumbest play I have ever seen. The first being Scott running on the field during the return. If the WR coach has to to teach them not to do that dumb shiat, especially in those situations then we might need a WR coach with a special education license. Those might be hard to find.

Our WRs, like the rest of the team, underperform. Particularly in the run game as blockers, and as route runners.

A 5 star junior WR making some catches doesnt mean Kevin Beard is some miracle worker.

Advertisement
The only two wr's that had a pulse was 11 and 3. The same two guys that's had close to those numbers before. Both were banged up last year .

Since so many people have a hard on for Beard, keep him, but give him one of these titles (these are real positions on our staff last year):

Quality Control Analyst / Offense
Director of Football Operations
Assistant Director of Football Operations
Director of Player Personnel
Director of Player Development
Director of On-Campus Recruiting (Offensive Personnel)
Assistant Director of Operations / Recruiting

According to Football Scoop Beard was told to look at other opportunities but he can interview for his current position. Basically if Richt can't find anyone that is better, Beard may be rehired.

You wonder though... hundreds of texts...

I seem to be inclined to think that some of our decommts could be the result of new coaches not digging those players.

Just seems like Richt would have be worried about the Bruce commit. Paving the road for a new coach and telling him Beard was gone would have been key there. Bruce may not have even known who Dorito was, but likely knew Brown.

Advertisement
The only two wr's that had a pulse was 11 and 3. The same two guys that's had close to those numbers before. Both were banged up last year .

I dont think 11 got the burn he deserved throughout the season. Not sure who that falls on.

Since so many people have a hard on for Beard, keep him, but give him one of these titles (these are real positions on our staff last year):

Exactly... I would put him in some role like this and keep Ice as the assistant director of football operations and tell them how you like your coffee.

Exactly... I would put him in some role like this and keep Ice as the assistant director of football operations and tell them how you like your coffee.

What has Ice done, besides trash the program publicly, to deserve a cushy easy job? Those positions should go to young, hungry dudes who want to get a jumpstart to a collegiate coaching career. Not some old GED holder who trashed Miami when he didn't get his way. Fvck Ice.

Advertisement
Back