Baxa to the portal

Advertisement
I'm not sure anything could sum up the dysfunction that was the 2019 Miami Hurricanes season more than that game where Manny brought in some kid from Mahoney-Pearson who looked 140pds soaking wet to kick because Bubba had been SOOOO bad, thinking anything would be an improvement.... well, no it wasn't, as that dude's first kick looked like a shanked chip from a drunk guy at your local muni and barely reached the endzone... so when you need a kick desperately later, you gotta go back to your big kicker recruit after that fiasco, right? ... except Bubba proceeded to shank his own and miss it. So with the game on the line, what do you do? Go back to the first guy, because, well, why not..... and he misses a game winner too. smh

I mean JFC!! It's hard to believe what I just described above happened.... yet it did.

At that point of the game, I just had to laugh. I've watched a lot of Miami football and had never seen anything quite like it. Guarantee that if you put me in a uniform, I would have nailed AT LEAST ONE of those 3 kicks.

At that point of the game, I just had to laugh. I've watched a lot of Miami football and had never seen anything quite like it. Guarantee that if you put me in a uniform, I would have nailed AT LEAST ONE of those 3 kicks.
Exactly how I felt at the time too, man. I KNEW they weren't making either of those last two kicks. Never been surer of a missed FG in my life.

I'm not sure anything could sum up the dysfunction that was the 2019 Miami Hurricanes season more than that game where Manny brought in some kid from Mahoney-Pearson who looked 140pds soaking wet to kick because Bubba had been SOOOO bad, thinking anything would be an improvement.... well, no it wasn't, as that dude's first kick looked like a shanked chip from a drunk guy at your local muni and barely reached the endzone... so when you need a kick desperately later, you gotta go back to your big kicker recruit after that fiasco, right? ... except Bubba proceeded to shank his own and miss it. So with the game on the line, what do you do? Go back to the first guy, because, well, why not..... and he misses a game winner too. smh

I mean JFC!! It's hard to believe what I just described above happened.... yet it did.

I was wondering why not let hedley give it a shot
but it was actually funny to watch how totally fked we were hahaha

Advertisement
It's hard to understand how bad the kicking was last season.

I've never kicked a football though the goalposts in life, but I refuse to believe nobody else on the team, or nobody on the soccer team (*lol see below) could kick better than those two.

*I honestly didn't know that Miami didn't have a soccer team. That really surprises me. And no lacrosse, no swimming, no golf. Wtf

That dude is the definition of being mentally shook. Worst kicker I've EVER seen in my life.

Who was worse, Bubba as a placer kicker or Feagles as a punter?
Agreed. He started his career ok, but when he hit that rough patch, you could just see it in his body language, in his face. He was emotionally/mentally ruined. It was game over for him. He seemed to fear every kick and even the short ones became a major mental challenge. It will be interesting to see if new surroundings and a new start will allow him to get back to being at least passably effective, or if he really is that far gone.

Because the other replacement kicker was suspended

Advertisement
Advertisement

That is both SAD and funny as fck! I laughed my dyke off. Thanks, For_The_U!

I got slammed for saying it, but IF Baxa kicks all three of those FGs, he makes one. Playing musical kickers is freaking stupid. If he gave Baxa a chance to get his head right, he'd have been our best option.

I swear, playing tough guy with kickers is mind numbingly stupid. The best way to get a kicker out of a funk is letting him kick his way out of it.

Advertisement
Watch what happens.....Baxa probably pulls a Cager and will be a finalist for the Lou Groza award.

If you extrapolated Bubbas high school career out, this is completely in line with the data. He was horrible when we recruited him. He had a big leg which showed out well in skills camps when nothing was at stake. He was a bad recruit from day one.
Wasn't he something like 4/9 his senior year?

Advertisement
Back