Battle gives thoughts on OSU uncertainty as UM pushes

Urban and great guy should not be used in the same sentence.

He’s a str8 up liar to no limit. I wish these parents would do their due diligence on this punk. And as a woman, how can u want ur son to play for a guy who endorses domestic abuse? U really trust this guy to help “groom” ur son son not only as a football player, but man?? FOH.

Advertisement
Even if Urban stays......it's crazy to think any parent would be happy to send their kids off to play for a guy that covered up a crime to protect his coach. I know for a fact I would not.

I agree with you, but Urb's a very good salesman. As soon as they reinstate him he can get to work convincing recruits and their families that he didn't do anything wrong- in fact, he tried his best to help. He's only sorry that he wasn't able to do more for that poor woman and her troubled ex-husband. He doesn't hold anything she's said against her, she's traveled a rough road. Blah blah Jesus blah blah forgiveness.

Unless more info comes out, I'd be willing to bet he keeps his job and almost all of his recruits.

This one is pretty simple. He gets fired, he’s ours. He doesn’t, he’s gone.

If Mom and Dad had any significant influence, he wouldn’t have committed in the first place.

Isn't the Vegas over under for liar down to a 4 game suspension? Still wouldn't be surprised if they say they're doing the right thing by suspending him for the entire regular season while conveniently ending it in time for him to recruit for the EARLY signing period and coach their bowl game. If they had ANY plans to fire him, they would have already. Only way I see them firing him, is if Stoops agrees to take the job.

Also expect their pitch to Battle to shift towards "you're committed to the university before any coach", regardless of his relationship with liar. That way recruits can justify sticking with them.

Advertisement
Isn't the Vegas over under for liar down to a 4 game suspension? Still wouldn't be surprised if they say they're doing the right thing by suspending him for the entire regular season while conveniently ending it in time for him to recruit for the EARLY signing period and coach their bowl game. If they had ANY plans to fire him, they would have already. Only way I see them firing him, is if Stoops agrees to take the job.

Also expect their pitch to Battle to shift towards "you're committed to the university before any coach", regardless of his relationship with liar. That way recruits can justify sticking with them.
I wouldn't be shocked if they keep him. That's the world we live in today.

It will be forgotten in no time and it will just become a meme for opposing fans.

When he's suspended, I assume he can't contact recruits as well? I'm sure he'll do it anyway.

It’s clear that OSU is trying to get out of this with keeping Liar and giving him some bs suspension but when it’s all said it done he will be fired or resign “for the good of the University”. They will announce a suspension and then the activist groups will get involved. First they will start the protest, then call for boycotts of the advertisers and that will be the end. The Big Ten, OSU and NCAA will want him gone. This has taken down far more men from more powerful and wealthier organizations than OSU. OSU is going to run into a buzzsaw.

In our short attention span society where it's on to the next big story, Osucks is counting on exactly that - they'll let the initial storm die down, conduct their kangaroo court, and when the heat has cooled, make their decision known without much fanfare.

Initially, every major publication was all over this story. Practically all had multiple stories for 2 or 3 days straight. Since then, zero, zilch, nada.

Advertisement
When he's suspended, I assume he can't contact recruits as well? I'm sure he'll do it anyway.

Great point... nonetheless I imagine his contact with recruits will have to drop (assuming Compliance will be monitoring)... can only bode well for us with Battle.

This just proves that the bags excuse we love to rely on is not always the case. We're being out recruited by a woman beater enabler. Let that sink in

Not looking good for Miami... I mean OSU is so corrupt that I think there is a pretty good chance they keep Urban. IDK how Battle or his family knowing the information about the lying POS the urban is, will stick with him over CMR if he stays.

Advertisement
This just proves that the bags excuse we love to rely on is not always the case. We're being out recruited by a woman beater enabler. Let that sink in

... who has won 3 national championships... although he is SCUM, he is still an elite coach and recruiter

Great point... nonetheless I imagine his contact with recruits will have to drop (assuming Compliance will be monitoring)... can only bode well for us with Battle.

He’s been banned from speaking to recruits, players and his coaches.

Advertisement
OSU not firing Urban they are looking for any evidence to give him a slap on the wrist(3 game suspension) and move along smh

Advertisement
Back