Bat Sign

You guys wanted ace recruits & Manny delivered. Stroud, Pop, Dvd, Lockett, Hickson, Banda, & Field are all very good.
Don't forget Hyppolite is an analyst too... CMD is trying to lock down SoFla. We'll lose a battle here and there to Bama/Clemson/Ohio State but the days of losing kids to Michigan-Auburn-Oregon-Penn St tier schools is about to be a thing of the past.

Advertisement
Don't forget Hyppolite is an analyst too... CMD is trying to lock down SoFla. We'll lose a battle here and there to Bama/Clemson/Ohio State but the days of losing kids to Michigan-Auburn-Oregon-Penn St tier schools is about to be a thing of the past.

You have Cooney, Pata, Lockette, and Baez too.

Advertisement

Yeah, sorry, the post I responded to had responded to a post that named some top recruiters on staff. I was adding a couple of more names to his list. OP:

"You guys wanted ace recruits & Manny delivered. Stroud, Pop, Dvd, Lockett, Hickson, Banda, & Field are all very good."

Couple of points of clarification.

First, the issue is whether the kid is recruited. If he's recruited (official campus visit, home visit), then all the loopholes in the world don't keep him from being an IC.

Second, while tuition remission is great (and I've been told UM changed the rules on eligibility, so it's uncertain if Ishmael would get 100% remission based on his father's tenure at UM), he would still have to pay for room & board, books, etc. So it's not free-free. I believe that the additional cost to attend (beyond tuition) is getting close to 20K these days.
Im sure he can still live with dad

@Paranos, you ready to jump on board the Stroud train yet???

Paranos wanted the man literally deceased and fired. Hold dat.

I am not going to fall for those baited comments, I stand by my previous statement regarding coach Stroud. His recruiting efforts are the absolute beneficiary of the COVID pandemic and parents pushing kids to stay close to home in south Florida. He did not all of sudden run into a closet and come out super dooper wonder dog recruiter and start cleaning up on the recruiting trail.

tenor.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
I am not going to fall for those baited comments, I stand by my previous statement regarding coach Stroud. His recruiting efforts are the absolute beneficiary of the COVID pandemic and parents pushing kids to stay close to home in south Florida. He did not all of sudden run into a closet and come out super dooper wonder dog recruiter and start cleaning up on the recruiting trail.

tenor.gif

Go Canes
@Paranos willing to die on that hill I see.

Advertisement
Paranos wanted the man literally deceased and fired. Hold dat.
Couple of points of clarification.

First, the issue is whether the kid is recruited. If he's recruited (official campus visit, home visit), then all the loopholes in the world don't keep him from being an IC.

Second, while tuition remission is great (and I've been told UM changed the rules on eligibility, so it's uncertain if Ishmael would get 100% remission based on his father's tenure at UM), he would still have to pay for room & board, books, etc. So it's not free-free. I believe that the additional cost to attend (beyond tuition) is getting close to 20K these days.

His dad has been employed at UM more than 10 years so he qualifies for Full Tuition waiver. Room & Board is not included and books are also not included but they are discounted I believe.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Hope is Ishmael. Add another top tier DE to a room crammed full of them. Certainly take the sting off if one of the kids happens to not fulfill their ranking or worse, something happening body wise. Yes, with Rousseau and Roche gone after this season we will have hopefully Phillips and Harvey as starters then the rest of the Williams/Roberts, etc. as their backups.

Advertisement
His dad has been employed at UM more than 10 years so he qualifies for Full Tuition waiver. Room & Board is not included and books are also not included but they are discounted I believe.

Go Canes

Fair enough.

I still don't think a 4-star kid wants to live at home with dad when he'll get a full ride anywhere else that he can go.

This.! We can’t lose miami kids to tier 2 programs.

Advertisement
Back