Bat Sign

With his dad on staff already I think most of us pretty much expected this eventually? Now with his dad being an employee can his son come for free. Doesn’t need a scholly?

Advertisement
With his dad on staff already I think most of us pretty much expected this eventually? Now with his dad being an employee can his son come for free. Doesn’t need a scholly?

Couple of points of clarification.

First, the issue is whether the kid is recruited. If he's recruited (official campus visit, home visit), then all the loopholes in the world don't keep him from being an IC.

Second, while tuition remission is great (and I've been told UM changed the rules on eligibility, so it's uncertain if Ishmael would get 100% remission based on his father's tenure at UM), he would still have to pay for room & board, books, etc. So it's not free-free. I believe that the additional cost to attend (beyond tuition) is getting close to 20K these days.

Advertisement

First, the issue is whether the kid is recruited. If he's recruited (official campus visit, home visit), then all the loopholes in the world don't keep him from being an IC.

Second, while tuition remission is great (and I've been told UM changed the rules on eligibility, so it's uncertain if Ishmael would get 100% remission based on his father's tenure at UM), he would still have to pay for room & board, books, etc. So it's not free-free. I believe that the additional cost to attend (beyond tuition) is getting close to 20K these days.

Appreciate the info, sounds like pops needs a raise!

Advertisement

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement
Waiting to see a poster who genuinely knows the young man refer to him by his nickname or shortened name that he actually goes by......
Jab?
Bari?
Ish?
.....?
Or maybe he doesn’t have one?

Advertisement
Just asking. Does it matter how he gets in as long as its free to him?
I don't even think room and board, and the stipend that athletes receive are included there. So it probably does matter to him. You also just don't ask a top 247 DE to come here not on scholarship.

Idk, I fee like they send the bat signal when a silent commit happens and we’re left waiting to see who announces. LT was asking for edits yesterday, than the bat signal comes out today. Just seems correlated.

You raise a good point. However, I'd say that UM usually puts up the Bat Signal when a public commit is imminent. I've never seen us put up the Bat Signal for, say, a silent commit one year before National Signing Day who is a "National Signing Day decision" kid.

Advertisement
Back