Baseball in the State of Florida

Advertisement
Again, when a football player from Miami goes to Alabama, his mindset has to change immediately. Or he goes home. When 60 of them stay at Miami, there is no one to change the culture.

Same with baseball. A guy must step it up to fit in at Vandy. At Miami, he's surrounded with guys just like himself.
How do you explain 2019 offense with three same guys? Did they all the sudden get back to their “SoFla culture” roots? Or could it be the coaching?

By no means will Miami ever stop recruiting Florida but I believe we need to...

1. Be more selective in who we take
2. More thorough evaluations as opposed to the Larry Coker method of recruiting off the Rivals 100 list
3. Expand the areas we’re actively recruiting

They're not necessarily better. But if you show up at Alabama being lazy and entitled and playing for da league, you don't last. Who are the "leaders" at Miami? Other Miami kids. Nothing changes.
Shouldn't the coaches be the leaders of teenage boys though? Would Saban let teenagers run his program? Tim Corbin??

Advertisement
Shouldn't the coaches be the leaders of teenage boys though?

They're trying to be. But when guys show up in baseball and don't know the game, you have to start looking elsewhere. Vandy didn't become Vandy by staying around Nashville.

I agree that it is Gino's problem, but it's his recruiting.

They're not necessarily better. But if you show up at Alabama being lazy and entitled and playing for da league, you don't last. Who are the "leaders" at Miami? Other Miami kids. Nothing changes.
That mindset gets changed by coaches. You just said it. You can’t show up to Bama being lazy. Miami coaches allow It, not where they come from.

They're trying to be. But when guys show up in baseball and don't know the game, you have to start looking elsewhere. Vandy didn't become Vandy by staying around Nashville.

I agree that it is Gino's problem, but it's his recruiting.
If you think Nashville has anywhere near the talent near it that Miami does you are really, really "special"

Advertisement
EXACTLY, he literally makes our argument and still does not realize it :pgdead:
Isn’t it crazy how this argument just hit started when UF is a mess bc they think Sullivan is leaving, they’ve been dominant for years otherwise. FSU just lost the winningest coach in history, CWS in 2019, and now hired his son lol. Miami hasn’t been relevant in 2 decades bc Morris was retired 5 years before he left and we hired a donors kid to replace him. Not rocket science.l to figure this out

Obviously in football lmao I’m talking baseball
Yes. But most stay here. Its the biggest advantage of coaching at Miami. Put Tim Corbin here and watch this program return to national power. Make stale internal hires like Blake and watch this happen.

If it is all showcase HS culture then how come upperclassmen that actually raked here early on get worse???? That's not culture, that's coaching. It is obvious.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Coaches can't keep an eye on players 24/7. Theyre adults and need to learn to act like it. Coaches need to set boundaries and players need to call out their peers that ***** up.

Advertisement
Yes. But most stay here. Its the biggest advantage of coaching at Miami. Put Tim Corbin here and watch this program return to national power. Make stale internal hires like Blake and watch this happen.

If it is all showcase HS culture then how come upperclassmen that actually raked here early on get worse???? That's not culture, that's coaching. It is obvious.
I never got an answer when I asked how everybody that raked in 2019 and 2020 all the sudden couldn’t this year. They must’ve remembered their “culture” this year and fell apart.

I never got an answer when I asked how everybody that raked in 2019 and 2020 all the sudden couldn’t this year. They must’ve remembered their “culture” this year and fell apart.
For sure, just ask Jagr, they must have had "delayed entitled showcase culture", it's a real SoFla problem.... LMAO

There is no bigger indication of poor coaching/roster management than elite college athletes regressing in their years at a program. NONE, it is irrefutable evidence of the actual issue. PERIOD.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Coaches can't keep an eye on players 24/7. Theyre adults and need to learn to act like it. Coaches need to set boundaries and players need to call out their peers that ***** up.
But that’s not an issue here. Nobody got arrested or suspended for doing anything out of line.

The problem with our culture is coaches letting kids get away with bs on the field. That happens everywhere, but only continues when you let it happen.

Advertisement
For sure, just ask Jagr, they must have had "delayed entitled showcase culture", it's a real SoFla problem.... LMAO

There is no bigger indication of poor coaching/roster management than elite college athletes regressing in their years at a program. NONE, it is irrefutable evidence of the actual issue. PERIOD.
Exactly.

That mindset gets changed by coaches. You just said it. You can’t show up to Bama being lazy. Miami coaches allow It, not where they come from.

But it is where they come from. They don't learn it in college. Miami baseball players can't execute a play because of the prep baseball atmosphere. It's all about showcasing skills. College coaches can't change that, but they can recruit different players.

If you think Nashville has anywhere near the talent near it that Miami does you are really, really "special"

There you go making it about me again. But that's our fanbase.

Since you missed the point: Vandy knows not to rely on its local recruiting base. We should take the same mindset.

I guess we have a different definition of "raking". In 2019 we were a mediocre 2-seed. There is not enough to go on for 2020.

Advertisement
Back