Baseball in the State of Florida

AquinasStatGuy

#TNJ - The New Jagr
Banned
I am on record stating many times that prep baseball in Florida has fallen victim to the whole travel ball thing, and it is ruining the quality of baseball when those kids try to play team baseball at the next level. Well, look at the results in the 2021 college baseball season.

There are 13 D1 teams in the state of Florida. Eight of them didn't even make the tournament. Out of the other five, four have already been eliminated. Think about that. On Sunday in the regional round, the only team from Florida still playing is South Florida, and they are currently losing 4-0.

We can let Florida and Florida State continue to clean up all of the "elite" Florida prospects. It is time for us to be like Notre Dame and Vanderbilt and recruit nationally. Gino has got to stop listening to the local travel ball coaches.

Advertisement
Something is definitely broken in the state when it comes to baseball. First team to adapt their recruiting philosophy will have a big leg up on the others going forward. I have zero confidence that Miami will be that team because everything about the program reeks of laziness and entitlement and a change in recruiting philosophy would actually require effort beyond taking phone calls from travel ball coaches.

Its not just Baseball. As an example, a prospect might be tearing up things in a 1a program, but could not make it on the field in a 4a program. Just because their team may have won the State Championship in their class, does not mean their talent is superior to the talent on some team in a higher class. It seems as though we recruit from certain teams in the SoFla area exclusively and overlook teams and talent from other areas. UFAG and FSU are recruiting the whole State, not just HS in their area.

Plenty of teams across the country are thriving with kids from Florida. Tell me how Campbell got a kid out of Miami who was the Big South player of the year hitting .400 as a freshman.

Plenty of teams across the country are thriving with kids from Florida. Tell me how Campbell got a kid out of Miami who was the Big South player of the year hitting .400 as a freshman.

Can you show me where someone said to avoid all kids from Florida? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Miami, FIU, and FAU have 90 kids from Florida. They are all sitting at home and watching Campbell, who has 2 kids from Florida, one of whom didn't play one inning in 2021.

Last edited:
Exactly, we would have not even made the postseason without Morales, but we need top pass on him? If he digresses at UM then that will speak volumes.

Exactly, we would have not even made the postseason without Morales, but we need top pass on him? If he digresses at UM then that will speak volumes.

Good lord.

Do you see where anyone said to pass on every kid from Florida?

The state of Florida is about to go 0-for-13 in the regional round, but we need to keep doing what we're doing because we have one guy who hit .284.

Advertisement
Nope, but your OPoRst is not the reason we stink with the highly rated recruiting classes we have signed. There are other factors with much > impact.

Work with me here. It's not just us. It's every team in Florida. Tell me how Notre Dame is better than all 13 D1 teams from Florida.

Advertisement
This is the same argument for football. Why would we pass on top talent around us? How about just get better coaches who can develop the raw talent

Because the talent around us doesn't win baseball games. You think it's a coincidence that all 13 teams in Florida are mediocre at best?

Advertisement
The state of Florida is about to go 0-for-13 in the regional round, but we need to keep doing what we're doing because we have one guy who hit .284.
It’s not where the kids are from. Did you forget CDC was from Florida? Oh that’s right, bc he got real coaching elsewhere and thrived, it didn’t fit your narrative.

It’s not where the kids are from. Did you forget CDC was from Florida? Oh that’s right, bc he got real coaching elsewhere and thrived, it didn’t fit your narrative.

Still waiting for you to show me where someone said to avoid every kid from Florida. I'll pay for your 2021 football season tickets if you can find that.

Advertisement
Back