Baseball in the State of Florida

Issue #1: Blake keeping JD and Gino

Issue #2: who gives a ****, fix issue #1 with competent coaching and we will be fine

Issue # who cares: OP's poRst

Advertisement
Yes, keep relying on entitled south Florida kids in football too. They really man up when things get tough. We only won 8 games because a guy from Texas decided to play years 12 and 13 with us.
Yep, the ones going to the SEC winning National Titles and cashing NFL checks are really hurting the SoFla HS football reputation. Great point.

Issue #1: Blake keeping JD and Gino

Issue #2: who gives a ****, fix issue #1 with competent coaching and we will be fine

South Florida guys sure get defensive when you call out the lazy, entitled mentality among SFLA athletes.

Advertisement
Yep, the ones going to the SEC winning National Titles and cashing NFL checks are really hurting the SoFla HS football reputation. Great point.

Because they have to fit in with a winning culture. We put 60 South Florida guys on the field and can't slow down, much less stop, teams from the Carolinas.

But "coaching".

Florida leads the country per capita in big league players, but it’s a talent issue? And yes exactly. Lack of commitment to baseball as a whole and/or mediocre coaching.

The same old tired argument.

When did those big league players play in high school? This is about the current travel ball culture. Not the culture in 2010. The culture now.

Because they have to fit in with a winning culture. We put 60 South Florida guys on the field and can't slow down, much less stop, teams from the Carolinas.

But "coaching".
Exactly.... you just figured out, good job buddy, you can leave now.

Advertisement
Exactly.... you just figured out, good job buddy, you can leave now.

Don't be the guy who can't stay on topic. There are plenty of them around here. If I'm wrong, use words to prove it.

Here's my proof: All 13 D1 teams from Florida are poor to mediocre, and all 13 of them are overwhelmed with players from Florida.

When did those big league players play in high school? This is about the current travel ball culture. Not the culture in 2010. The culture now.
I’ve agreed with you 100x on this and I will continue to do it. Raw talent is there. Showcase warriors. But the mental aspect of the game is non existent with majority of these guys

I’ve agreed with you 100x on this and I will continue to do it. Raw talent is there. Showcase warriors. But the mental aspect of the game is non existent with majority of these guys

Precisely. That's why guys from freaking Pittsburgh can execute a run down and sweep the #1 recruiting class in the country while we ***** up basic plays.

If you think the problem with SoFla athletes not winning at Miami in baseball and football is "culture" you are completely lost to the National landscape of college sports. They win/succeed/get highly drafted at other schools but not here, reason why? COACHING and AD commitment to the sports programs.

It is obvious if you don't have an agenda.

Advertisement
If you think the problem with SoFla athletes not winning at Miami in baseball and football you are completely lost to the National landscape of college sports. They win at other schools but not here, reason why? COACHING and AD commitment to the sports programs.

It is obvious.

Again, when a football player from Miami goes to Alabama, his mindset has to change immediately. Or he goes home. When 60 of them stay at Miami, there is no one to change the culture.

Same with baseball. A guy must step it up to fit in at Vandy. At Miami, he's surrounded with guys just like himself.

So again why are the other ones from Florida better than the ones we get? Could it be coaching and our losing culture?

Again, when a football player from Miami goes to Alabama, his mindset has to change immediately. Or he goes home. When 60 of them stay at Miami, there is no one to change the culture.

Same with baseball. A guy must step it up to fit in at Vandy. At Miami, he's surrounded with guys just like himself.
OR the Miami coaching staffs do not demand what is demanded at Bama and Vandy? How is that not obvious to you???????

Advertisement
If you think the problem with SoFla athletes not winning at Miami in baseball and football is "culture" you are completely lost to the National landscape of college sports. They win/succeed/get highly drafted at other schools but not here, reason why? COACHING and AD commitment to the sports programs.

It is obvious if you don't have an agenda.
I’m not going to act like I keep tabs on anyone besides Miami. But do dade kids go to other powers and succeed?

So again why are the other ones from Florida better than the ones we get? Could it be coaching and our losing culture?

They're not necessarily better. But if you show up at Alabama being lazy and entitled and playing for da league, you don't last. Who are the "leaders" at Miami? Other Miami kids. Nothing changes.

Advertisement
Back