Barrys Latest

Nah. Imo once his contract is done this year he’s likely done.
Maybe, but if he’s in charge of the LB unit, then the product of LB play this year as it was last year will be on his shoulders, so while he could end up gone next year the damage would’ve already been done on the field & off the field in recruiting.

It’s not wise to have a lame duck coach on staff, we saw what happened with Rumph this year, CB play was as bad as it’s been since the Folden era & we signed 0 High schools CB’s in the 21 class, lame duck coaches usually have biohazard signs around them that both players on the team & recruits on the trail can see loud & clear.

Gonna be difficult to recruit high value LB’s if they know just as well as we do that Baker is either gone after this year or not good enough to do his job in the first place.

That’s why it was such a bad decision for Manny to keep him while demoting him from play calling & taking away his DC title, he essentially let recruits know & the world know that this coach has no business being here, but I’m gonna keep him here anyway. That’s no bueno.

Advertisement
Maybe, but if he’s in charge of the LB unit, then the product of LB play this year as it was last year will be on his shoulders, so while he could end up gone next year the damage would’ve already been done on the field & off the field in recruiting.

It’s not wise to have a lame duck coach on staff, we saw what happened with Rumph this year, CB play was as bad as it’s been since the Folden era & we signed 0 High schools CB’s in the 21 class, lame duck coaches usually have biohazard signs around them that both players on the team & recruits on the trail can see loud & clear.

Gonna be difficult to recruit high value LB’s if they know just as well as we do that Baker is either gone after this year or not good enough to do his job in the first place.

That’s why it was such a bad decision for Manny to keep him while demoting him from play calling & taking away his DC title, he essentially let recruits know & the world know that this coach has no business being here, but I’m gonna keep him here anyway. That’s no bueno.
No reason for Baker to be here really after all that, new DC or not.

I try to be polite so I intentionally didn't respond to that part because of the stupidity of it. But since you asked... I like have discussions based in realism and don't have patience for that kind of silliness. If someone wants to say Miami will give up 600-800 yards of total offense, that's realistic. 600 rushing yards is dumb.
I bet you would've said the same thing about UNC this year rushing for over 500 yards as well, however, they did...

“If’s” were my concern, as well.

Ppl chit on Rumph, all the time (as they should), and have given a pass to Diaz unjustly, and it f’ing makes me sick. U r in South Fla, and if u go Norf, u hit Central Fla, North Fla, GA. If u go slightly NW, u hit AL, MS, and LA.

Now, u might have some problems recruiting blue chips in MS & AL b/c 98% are local to the major schools in those states, but the local & close proximity of talent pool around is unimaginable for us, yet we continue to chit the bed over & over & over & over again at the DB & LB positions which are ESSENTIAL in this chaos, undisciplined type of def. We’ve had 2 guys since the 2018 season (Patke & Diaz) & 3 guys since the 2019 season (Diaz, Patke, Baker) who have been responsible for the LB unit! 1 of the 3 gets hella flack, the other is getting a pass b/c of coached up transfers making AA teams & becoming an award winner (on special teams), and the other gets more excuses thrown his way than a corrupt *Olitician getting their dyck sucked in office.

Let’s be very clear:
Shaq, Pinckney, JJ, and Redwine...all Golden players. Those were the best yrs on defense.

Since 2016 (recruiter rankings):
Rumph -
#429 - 2016
#209 - 2017
#135 - 2018
#164 - 2019
#228 - 2020
#727 - 2021 (lol)

Diaz -
#339 - 2016
#139 - 2017
#196 - 2018
#242 - 2019
#304 - 2020 (HC)
#331 - 2021 (HC)

Patke (2018 - Now) -
#UR - 2018 (meaning no recruits)
#316 - 2019
#188 - 2020
#189 - 2021

Baker (2019 - Now) -
#574 - 2019
#484 - 2020
#341 - 2021

So clearly, we know why the CB room sucks, but it’s also clear why our LB room sucks! Yet; everyone is so anxious to point the finger at Rumph & completely absolve Diaz of anything! He and his bumbling idiots have allowed this room to become more unathletic than a 85 yr old speed walk event!

So maybe, just maybe we had our best yr in 2018 under Diaz b/c it was anchored by Gerald Willis (transfer from FL), Joe Jackson (Golden Recruit), Mike Jackson (Golden Recruit), Quarterman (Golden Recruit), Pinckney (Golden Recruit), JJ (Golden Recruit), Redwine (Golden Recruit), & McCloud (when he was decent - Golden Recruit)

8 of the 11 starters on defense were not recruited by Richt’s staff, especially not LB

So we’re replacing Shaq (#5 ILB in the nation & 111th overall) w/ Flagg (#35 ILB in the nation & 830th overall)
We’re replacing Pinckney (#19 ILB & 511th overall) w/ Jennings (#48 OLB & 697th overall)
We’re going back & forth w/ McCloud (#21 OLB & 317th overall) with Sam Brooks (#52 OLB & 750th overall)

So yeah, we suck b/c Golden’s LBs have left (except McCloud who regressed when the scheme got tweaked), & we’re replacing them with inferior (per 247 ratings) players.

Is 247 Bible? No; but it’s pretty accurate for the most part as we see teams on field play.

Too many if’s, and that includes TRob, if imma be honest.
Bro........8-3
Stop this mop mentality.

Sorry I had to do it my friend.

Last edited:
I bet you would've said the same thing about UNC this year rushing for over 500 yards as well, however, they did...

I would not have taken that bet. Baker is a terrible DC. I knew that going in. The combination of zone coverage plus terrible DL and LB play was a recipe for a defensive disaster. I expected a shootout and UNC putting a crazy amount of points, but Miami keeping up with UNC's mediocre D and us winning 56-48 or something like that. The fact that Bakers D was that bad wasn't that shocking (I didn't expect record setting bad though) , but the fact that Lashlee's O struggled again was just as troubling. I saw it too many times and it's concerning because W/Ls are more about offense than defense nowadays (though it's ridiculous to expect Lashlee's O to put up 60+ to compensate for the putrid defense). I would, however, be willing to bet money/permaban that Miami with T-Rob (man coverage), Diaz (better DC), and Simpson (better DL), isn't going to give up 500 yards rushing to Bama.

300 plus? Well... Baker and Patke are still LB coaches...

Advertisement
I try to be polite so I intentionally didn't respond to that part because of the stupidity of it. But since you asked... I like have discussions based in realism and don't have patience for that kind of silliness. If someone wants to say Miami will give up 600-800 yards of total offense, that's realistic. 600 rushing yards is dumb.

confused laura dern GIF by EditingAndLayout

Advertisement
UNC was only 46 yards away from 600....................so........

Advertisement

Sometimes good results trump everything. I know the popular opinion is the LB team will continue as it was this year. I really don't. think it will.

We went from relying on two rock solid guys here for four years, guys who got all meaningful reps in practice and literally never missed a game in four years, to a ton of guys who were either injured or in high school last year. No meaningful reps, no game experience. Couple that with zero practice time for nearly all of them in 2020, and you end up with a terrible, but knowledgeable duo starting until the freshmen at least had their feet uner them.

We'll see how it unfolds when these pups get a full year of lifting, practice and games under their belts.

UNC was only 46 yards away from 600....................so........

Yes and they scored at will and still couldn’t break 600. UNC also had the #11 rushing offense with 238 yards per game. Bama had the #47 rushing offense with 183 yards per game. You might want to brush up a little on your cfb, Bama is a passing team now.

Advertisement
Yes and they scored at will and still couldn’t break 600. UNC also had the #11 rushing offense with 238 yards per game. Bama had the #47 rushing offense with 183 yards per game. You might want to brush up a little on your cfb, Bama is a passing team now.
So dIAZ only gave up 320 more RUSHING yards than there average........ well done sir.

Why doesn't someone Straight up ask Manny..... what the **** does Blake bring to the table that will be different than he brought last year? Why is he asset to this staff? How can you take his advice seriously after you DEMOTED him? WHY IS HE STILL HERE!?!?!

JC

So dIAZ only gave up 320 more RUSHING yards than there average........ well done sir.

Baker's D? Yes it did. Are you new to Miami football? Baker called the plays last year. Did you know DEriq King got injured? I can fill you in on other important Hurricanes news since you don't seem to know what's going on.

Baker's D? Yes it did. Are you new to Miami football? Baker called the plays last year. Did you know DEriq King got injured? I can fill you in on other Hurricanes news since you don't seem to know what's going on.
LOL...if you think Baker called the defense the whole time i got some beach front property in Nebraska for sale. You know its dIAZs sh1tty scheme right.. the one that gets raped whenever they play a decent/talented offense. Keep living in your dreamworld snowflake

Advertisement
Back