Barry Jackson's Miami Herald story on our Safeties part 5 of 5.

Advertisement
Miami-Tattoo.png

It’s scary thin. Have to land Stevenson and another safety ready to play.

I can see either Derrick Smith or Romeo Finley moving back to safety just like Jaquan did after his sophomore year.

And also Frierson or Blades moving to safety next season as well.

I can see either Derrick Smith or Romeo Finley moving back to safety just like Jaquan did after his sophomore year.

And also Frierson or Blades moving to safety next season as well.

Smith and Finley now play the striker so we need them there. I doubt they go back to safety.

Advertisement
Coaches seem to always have that one player who they love that every fan has no idea why. Knowles seems like the type of dude that does exactly everything right in practice to make coaches happy and then ******** gets tight af during the game. Don’t feed me that “ he plays because he tackles ****” Knowles is a horrendous Safety. No way he’s our 3rd safety when 9/2 comes around.

Coaches seem to always have that one player who they love that every fan has no idea why. Knowles seems like the type of dude that does exactly everything right in practice to make coaches happy and then ******** gets tight af during the game. Don’t feed me that “ he plays because he tackles ****” Knowles is a horrendous Safety. No way he’s our 3rd safety when 9/2 comes around.

He might actually be and that’s something to worry about. Amari hasn’t shown he can play at a top level yet and Hall is a true freshman. Who else are the coaches supposed to put in?

Sounds like a lasagna of coachspeak and positive/negative reinforcement attempts. When the game is on the line, we'll see who they trot out behind JJ and Redwine.

I'd still keep an eye out for Gurvan Hall - one of my favorite recruits of the cycle.
To put it simply, Gurvan Hall's development during the season with be a huge factor in determining this secondary reaching it's potential. Hall will play and play a lot. His skill set will enable Diaz to be much more flexible in his coverages/personnel groupings. This was something we sorely lacked last season and it was quite evident towards the end.

"Rob(Knowles) in practice is elite!"

I get its coach speak but GTFOOH with that Banda! C'mon man!!!!!!

Advertisement
If I’m not mistake, but was one of Amaris major attributes was his smarts and ability to pick up the playbook very quick?

Either Banda is ******* moron or he’s bull****in.

Get knowles out my face. Almost cost us FSU

I hope Knowles has a good year and shuts yall's hating asses up. He isn't the first player our fans have given up on with years of eligibility left and won't be the last but **** the over the top hate for 1 of our own boggles my mind.

I'm just glad you all aren't our coaches, you all would play true freshman every year because you don't think players are capable of improving. A lot like the Redwine hate, it's baffling.

Robert Knowles is an Al Golden special all day long.

If he is playing DB for us at any point in 2018 something is seriously wrong.

I’m not rooting for him to fail, I just have seen enough of his play to know he isn’t an ACC caliber DB. Let alone a defense that is supposed to be top 15.

Let’s not read too much into the article. Banda is a self made man that has worked his way up, which is definitely admirable and appeals to certain recruits. But if it wasn’t for Richt throwing him a bone I doubt he’d even get an interview for a GA position at a top 40 program, let alone coaching safeties for a school like Miami.

Advertisement
Knowles hits hard. If he is ahead of Carter then so be it. Not sure why it's considered a bad thing. His mistakes were mental and are correctable. Everyone had given up on Gall after he got whipped at Cincy and he threw it in everyone's face when given another shot in 2016. Stop the pile-on already.

If a person played organized football they should know why this is. Its said in the **** article. Its called a "greentree all star" or a practice all american.

I played with a guy named Greg who was one of the fastest people in the entire state of VA. In practice he was Reggie Bush Lite.

Friday night lights? He dropped everything and was clumsy as fuq under the lights. He was a nervous wreck.
Parents and peers used to always ask why coach P would start Greg and the parents absolutely hated it.

We as teammates always defended him because we saw him do so many great things.

If i put myself in coaches shoes, no way i could watch this guy in practice and not start him.

Some guys just perform better with pressure.

#pressurebustpipes also creates diamonds... Knowles =busted PIPE. JJ= Diamond.

Advertisement
Knowles hits hard. If he is ahead of Carter then so be it. Not sure why it's considered a bad thing. His mistakes were mental and are correctable. Everyone had given up on Gall after he got whipped at Cincy and he threw it in everyone's face when given another shot in 2016. Stop the pile-on already.
Gall is the biggest turn-around/improvement in terms of level of play. Good point.

For all the people thinking that we are piling on, I challenge you to reference 3 plays from 2017 that Knowles made, that makes you think he deserves burn in 2018. Amari Carter had a half dozen, **** so did Michael Smith. You can’t for Knowles, it was mistake after mistake.

Sounds like a lasagna of coachspeak and positive/negative reinforcement attempts. When the game is on the line, we'll see who they trot out behind JJ and Redwine.

I'd still keep an eye out for Gurvan Hall - one of my favorite recruits of the cycle.

Agree. Hall will move up fast. He is physically ready and he is the only guy to combine range with explosive tackling.

Advertisement
Back