Barry Jackson's Miami Herald story on our Safeties part 5 of 5.

Sounds a lot like Jamal Carter, physical freak that may take a while to get the mental part of the game down

Advertisement
Absolutely love what I'm hearing about Redwine!!!! If he improved more than he did in the last few games of the year, our secondary will be top notch

Carter and Hall are going to be special.

Knowles was an important contributor on STs and he certainly has the athleticism to be a solid safety. He's not a JAG, he's a project. Hope he pulls it together before he graduates, because we're going to need him both this year and especially next when Quan and Red graduate.

For the people who are saying Knowles isn't elite in practice, how many practices have you watched, in person, since last year? They like him for a reason and I doubt it's because he's a bum in practice...

I don't care who plays, I don't root for certain players to be better then others. Whoever the coaches think should play, should play. They have seen more of each player then all of us combined.

And so what if Knowles is actually ahead of Carter at this point? You all would play Carter anyways because of some mental mistakes Knowles made in games last season? I'm not about to bench someone in a new season because of what they did 10 months ago. I expect Carter to do his thing anyways, he's a true sophomore for God's sake. Hall is going to be a stud. I like our safeties and am expecting big things this year from that group.

Advertisement
Sell all your Amari Carter stock to me fellas.

When he's out there lightin fools up & making plays don't say anything, just remember you sold it all in July pre Fall camp in his SOPHOMORE year.
No way, Jose. Ima keeps mines. AC gonna keep the cart drivers busy...

Knowles graduated right? Banda has to say things like this, because we need Knowles for depth/ST.

If Banda told him he was 3rd string or behind Amari, he could grad transfer to wherever he wanted to go.

Not surprising about redwine, you could see him improving during the season and this is actually his natural and best spot. Alot of people only remember the lost to pittsburgh, but redwine was balling the game. Oh yeah, cam akers BEWARE, redwine will be looking fof you in Round 2. Remember when greg jones kind of got SEAN TAYLOR, the next year, the whole game TAYLOR was trying to punish em.

Sometimes players finally "get it" and it all comes together. I'm cautiously optimistic this can be the case for Robert Knowles. It would just show another progression of the makeup of our roster to have someone we did not have to count on be a pleasant surprise and have a productive Senior year. He sacrificed PT at FAU to come here as a backup when we desperately needed the numbers so I respect him.

Advertisement
For the people who are saying Knowles isn't elite in practice, how many practices have you watched, in person, since last year? They like him for a reason and I doubt it's because he's a bum in practice...

He's sucks in practices and games...I don't care what Coach Bartender says

Knowles hits hard. If he is ahead of Carter then so be it. Not sure why it's considered a bad thing. His mistakes were mental and are correctable. Everyone had given up on Gall after he got whipped at Cincy and he threw it in everyone's face when given another shot in 2016. Stop the pile-on already.

He hits what? LOLOLOL

anyone got some film of that?

Advertisement
Named most improved player and had the best practice score, but hey, let's bash the kid and act like we know best.

I don't think the coach would be giving high praise if there wasn't substantial improvement. I'll wait and see.

He sucks...period.

Advertisement
Sell all your Amari Carter stock to me fellas.

When he's out there lightin fools up & making plays don't say anything, just remember you sold it all in July pre Fall camp in his SOPHOMORE year.
Carter will be ahead of Knowles come game one. I'll bet Banda is trying to light a fire to motivate him. See every spring ever.

Carter will be ahead of Knowles come game one. I'll bet Banda is trying to light a fire to motivate him. See every spring ever.
He was ahead of already as a TF, it's like people get amnesia on this board lol

He made some big plays last year in big games vs Va Tech, UVA & ND. People just overreact to coach speak too often.

Jaquan Johnson wasn't the starter when Jenk & Jamal Carter were here in 2016, he played the Nickel Safety role that Bandy plays now. A lot of people used to question his ability too until he played his best season last year as a Junior, he absolutely exploded.

It's too early for anybody to think AC5 won't ball out just because Banda gave Knowles some praise in July. The staff gives reverence to seniority because they're supposed to be leaders, so they're always gonna have the upperclassmen leading drills in Spring practice, but it's different come game day.

If I’m an OC and I see #20 coming on to the field, the ball is going that way. Maybe he’s improved and can contribute but he’ll have to prove it because every OC on our schedule saw what happened last year.

Advertisement
Back