Barry Jackson...

“Just gotta ignore people who talk about that nonsense.”

Of course. What benefit do you get out of having dialogue with people who harp on things that have no possible chance of happening?

If you went to have a beer with one of your boys, and he told you over and over again he was gonna bang Kate Upton, and wouldn't shut up about it, and this happened over multiple days, wouldn't you eventually stop answering his texts about going to have a beer with him? What benefit does it serve you listening to him talk about things that have no basis in reality?

I'm not even saying he shouldn't be fired. In a total vacuum, of course he should. But you can't fire a guy before the end of year 1, and furthermore, even if you could, this particular administration absolutely, unequivocally will not. So yes, there's no reason to listen to anyone who says it over and over ad nauseum. It's pointless.

Advertisement
as much as the entire staff should be fired, i dont expect manny to be after 1 year. thats the most extreme firing esp from a school that isnt attractive to elite coaches. i do expect staff changes though.

So are these Manny SWAGGER photo shoots over?

pic manny media day.jpeg

Makes me laugh when the mongoloids on here claim UM is broke or cheap. We’re neither. We’ve proven that repeatedly by overpaying HCs and handing out lucrative and completely unnecessary extensions. We even scratched out a $4M check to Temple just for letting them rent the Lil’ Lisper for two weeks.

Stupid? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. Incompetent? Yes. Backwards? Yes. Broke? **** no.

UM loves to spend and waste money. They specifically like to make sure they pay after the coach failed miserably. They love to buyout coaches. Nothing makes our BOTs and admin happier than wasting money and giving a nice parting gift.

What better way to waste money than pay $4MM for the privilege to promote your DC from a failed regime?

Advertisement
To this point Manny is what my thoughts were when he was hired. Another coordinator that has to learn how to be a head coach. Our admin has not learned from history. Sad part is he will not be fired this year. That means he either turns it around next year or we will have several more years of being mediocre. Not a coach out there that is going to overcome where we are in 1 season. For the good of the program I hope manny turns it around next year. Just have no faith he is capable of doing so

If that’s not a fireable offense then nothing is. There are losses and then there is FIU. GT was a disgrace. FIU is a crime against humanity.

'Chise:

Devil's advocate: The second worst loss in modern 'Canes history was 1979, when Howard brought the team to Tallahassee and we lost to FAMU. That was equally a disaster. Good thing we didn't fire Howard! ... (Exactly four weeks later was the turning point game in the modern history of the University of Miami football program when UM and freshman QB Jim Kelly, making his first appearance, beat Penn State in Happy Valley. It was a great game and masterful piece of coaching by Howard).

All that being said, I agree with you. This is different. The FAMU game in '79 was only the fourth of the season, we didn't lose as an underdog the rest of the way, and Howard finished with a victory over the Gators. Plus, the expectations in 1979 were very dissimilar.

This FIU debacle is a firing offense, given that we laid similar eggs against VT and GT just a few games ago. Hard to say FIU is a "one-off" aberration, given all that has happened (negatively) since the season started.

In my view, the '79 FAMU loss is the second worst loss in the past 40 years. The FIU game takes the crown. The GT game? Probably top 5-6 most dismal in the past 40 years. When your coach owns 2 of the worst in ONE SEASON, that's a problem. And not a small one.

Nobody should want Manny fired with Blake James as our AD. He would just hire another failure. The key is Blake James gone and his replacement.
I don’t think he has the clout to hire the right HC right now, even if he was pointed to one. I don’t think this admin inspires confidence in someone good wanting this job.

It’s imperative that the BOT find a way to hire a boba dude, established, independent AD in order to overcome the stigmas. IMO, only.

Advertisement
Per Barry Jackson...
UM intends to retain Manny Diaz as coach next season regardless of how this season finishes, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
Diaz is 6-5 in his first year at UM, with the Hurricanes set to conclude their season Saturday at Duke and in an undetermined bowl game. But even if Miami loses both of those games, Diaz will not be fired.

No surprise. Firing him now would require Blake to acknowledge the utter failure/sham that was the "coaching search" after Richt stepped down. To fire him would show the world how much of a joke of a process he went through to get Diaz to be head coach.

His entire validity as an AD rests on Diaz doing well. He's going to give him all the time in the world to save his own ***.

We are now known as the "Miami Rockettes"
Perhaps the team should go on "Dancing with the Stars "

Advertisement
The schedule is more difficult next year. We have most of the team back, minus the LBs. Unless the returnees are better than this year, the shirts are contributors, and a few of the frosh are contributors, we will be worse next year.

No surprise. Firing him now would require Blake to acknowledge the utter failure/sham that was the "coaching search" after Richt stepped down. To fire him would show the world how much of a joke of a process he went through to get Diaz to be head coach.

His entire validity as an AD rests on Diaz doing well. He's going to give him all the time in the world to save his own ***.
This is the reason Blake must be let go as well. It's primarily his fault we are in this position. Such a poor job deserves to be fired.
Did Hocutt or Blake hire Larranaga? Not that Kirby was the best but he's done pretty well at Tx Tech and is much more alpha than Blake.

Advertisement
UM loves to spend and waste money. They specifically like to make sure they pay after the coach failed miserably. They love to buyout coaches. Nothing makes our BOTs and admin happier than wasting money and giving a nice parting gift.

What better way to waste money than pay $4MM for the privilege to promote your DC from a failed regime?
Up until Richt retired we were paying coaches buyouts for at least 15 years.

Just gotta ignore people who talk about that nonsense. It's useless. It will never, ever happen, nor should it, no matter how awful Saturday was.
Real question to you and others saying he SHOULDNT be fired....you guys say it as a statement of fact, but based on what? What are you going by? Contract? Precedence? Etc.

for the record, I dnot have or know the answers. Whether it be fire him or gut the staff, I don’t know the cure but I feel something even if just symbolic should be done.

Once again the people in charge are clueless. Its not just how disappointing this season has been year one. We lost to FIU. HS coaches, players, handlers have taken note. Miami will not be getting top kids under this staff. No way they are coming here to lose to FIU and barely beat CMU.

Manny SHOULD be fired based on this season alone but he won't because this is who we are now.

Advertisement
Back