Barry Jackson -update on the UM/Diaz situation later today.

BOT is putting out there on purpose because they’re gonna move fast for Mario. It’s already bad enough that there chatter about him and USC which is going to make Oregon uneasy. The last thing they need out there is some dopey reporter saying that Soffer is about to go rent out a Brinks truck to drive into Eugene. You want Oregon to extend him again? It’s called optics or if you play cards “not showing your hand” plus it also gives leverage to Mario in negotiating what he’ll get per year.

This is going to happen quick and fast with Mario probably being named HC within 24 hours of the AD. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen that way.
Based on a hunch or actual info?

Advertisement
Obviously we need to get Alpha Lemonis, Official UM SpokesTweeter, involved...or so some experts on the board would have us believe.

Well, good luck in hunting down and punishing all those posters who "said something that turns out to be wrong".

I certainly hope that you apply the same diligence to correcting any posters who claimed that Marcus Lemonis was some sort of alpha activist Trustee fighting the good fight on behalf of the Athletic Department and sending out tweets that had the equivalent impact of an official UM press release.

Because anyone who said THAT is just flat-out wrong.

Some people may think that all posters react in the same way, but we don't. I don't bait.

I also should not be prohibited from calling out a ridiculously wrong post just because that person historically chooses to attack me.

It is the height of irony for a poster to threaten to hold people accountable for posts that may not come to pass, while refusing to admit he was wrong about his false Marcus Lemonis claim.

Only The Fonz can go through life without admitting he was w-w-w-w-w-w-rong.

There’s 2 and there’s another one. This is part of the problem in this situation. You called it out on the spot yesterday. Ok. This is today. Nothing was said about this. You just kept bringing it up and it involves a person you already have issues with here. It’s not helpful and it’s transparent.

BOT is putting out there on purpose because they’re gonna move fast for Mario. It’s already bad enough that there chatter about him and USC which is going to make Oregon uneasy. The last thing they need out there is some dopey reporter saying that Soffer is about to go rent out a Brinks truck to drive into Eugene. You want Oregon to extend him again? It’s called optics or if you play cards “not showing your hand” plus it also gives leverage to Mario in negotiating what he’ll get per year.

This is going to happen quick and fast with Mario probably being named HC within 24 hours of the AD. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen that way.
My take on this is that it doesn't work out for whatever reason, then we get Gruden - right? Apparently I am just naturally pessimistic.

Advertisement
1. Manny is on the hot seat , he needs to finish strong to save his job, that’s very unlikely.
2. Blake is on the hot seat with important people, some BOT’s like him because he’s a good fundraiser ( some disagree).
3. Mario is the guy big money wants , Alonzo is also a want
4. He is right Frenk doesn’t care about sports.
5. Everything else is drivel he’s regurgitated from others. Feldman literally said alot of that in his piece. Miami has multiple people willing to spend.

If people want to believe him that’s good on them. It’s a free country Lol.
The article seems to be saying exactly what you’ve been saying. What’s the issue?

article is up now- Same nonsense, spoke to trustee's manny may get fired at end of year but not in season but people like blake. Also trustee says we dont have the money for mario.

but the only good thing from the article is the last line.

"At least one prominent former player covets the AD job if a change were made." That must be Zo

Such a pathetic sad comment. If he needs to go, it shouldn't matter that they 'like him.' If he were doing a great job, it shouldn't matter that they don't. It's not a personality context, it's a job. He sucks and must go. No new coach with alternatives will come to UM with a lame duck moran as AD.

The update is that most of the BOT loves Blake James and that he’s not in jeopardy. Manny isn’t in jeopardy until end of season if anything. And Frenk does not care at all about football and likes Blake. Hopefully this is not as horrible as it sounds.
If the womyn's studies program was run this poorly, the BOT would be all atwitter with outrage.

Advertisement
The update is that most of the BOT loves Blake James and that he’s not in jeopardy. Manny isn’t in jeopardy until end of season if anything. And Frenk does not care at all about football and likes Blake. Hopefully this is not as horrible as it sounds.
This is why the banner flyers have always been right and part of the solution, while the latte drinking tut-tutters who look down on them have always been part of the palace guard.

The only thing that gets the attention of the BOT and Admin is the risk of embarrassment. If they think no one notices or cares that the program sucks, they'll go right on ignoring it.

Hot Take Fleming GIF by Barstool Sports

My take on this is that it doesn't work out for whatever reason, then we get Gruden - right? Apparently I am just naturally pessimistic.
No. Zo would want Mario but its going to be somebody he’s familiar with if it’s not Mario. I’m guessing if Miami can’t reach with Mario then Zo will probably call Schiano. Maybe one of the Stoops.

1. Manny is on the hot seat , he needs to finish strong to save his job, that’s very unlikely.
2. Blake is on the hot seat with important people, some BOT’s like him because he’s a good fundraiser ( some disagree).
3. Mario is the guy big money wants , Alonzo is also a want
4. He is right Frenk doesn’t care about sports.
5. Everything else is drivel he’s regurgitated from others. Feldman literally said alot of that in his piece. Miami has multiple people willing to spend.

If people want to believe him that’s good on them. It’s a free country Lol.
As long as you don't object to being forced to wear a mask.

Advertisement
Why doesn't the school get more money donated specifically for football? There are multiple millionaire alumn football players, not to mention alot of money in Miami.

We’re not beating UNC at their place. Not worried about that. An L to UVA would probably seal the deal.

We beat UVA the other bad L has to come from somewhere else… Pitt, VT, or NCST most likely.

Hate rooting against Miami every 2-3 years especially in a year when Clemson is very beatable. An 11-1 year and ACCCG appearance with the team we thought we had and were told we had would have been in the playoff this year. Already out of possibility 3 games in.
We could lose to UNC 58-0 and Manny would begin the press conference by noting that defensively, we improved from last season.

We could lose to UNC 58-0 and Manny would begin the press conference by noting that defensively, we improved from last season.
Thats all hes got honestly, anal lytics to try and bluff everyone into thinking he has a clue about how to run a program...

He obviously convinced the dimwits in the AD...

On field evidence says otherwise...

Advertisement
Why doesn't the school get more money donated specifically for football? There are multiple millionaire alumn football players, not to mention alot of money in Miami.
The town loves a winner…. Been awhile since they’ve been a winner (consistently)

Look no further than the heat… or even 2017 when we pummeled ND

I get that for attendance. But with so many Miami business ego maniacs, I'd think it would be the opposite. They want their name on it and when it turns around, they can claim it. If it doesn't turn around, no one cares if their name is on it.

Advertisement
Back