Barry Jackson -update on the UM/Diaz situation later today.

I can’t remember things being quite this toxic besides Goldens last season here.

The local media has completely turned on Diaz. You still had local media rooting for Golden to succeed right up until that Clemson fiasco.

No media is rooting for Manny. I can’t remember a time when the media turned this quickly against 1 of our coaches
the thing with golden (and richt, really) is that there were positives you could take from each of them. they each ran relatively professional operations but chose to kill themselves by hanging onto bad staffing choices (and in richt's case, recruiting and talent eval was also a problem). so it was much easier to convince yourself, "well, if they revamp the [offensive/defensive] staff, things could get better!" with manny, in the short span of 3 years, all of that has literally already happened. we've revamped the offensive staff. we've revamped the defensive staff. and we are seeing a team failing in every single facet of the game. a total clown show on offense, defense, and special teams. there are no redeeming qualities, no "maybe if we change x y z." all of that has been tried, it's clearly failed, and the buck stops at manny. and that's evident to everyone.

Advertisement
I can’t remember things being quite this toxic besides Goldens last season here.

The local media has completely turned on Diaz. You still had local media rooting for Golden to succeed right up until that Clemson fiasco.

No media is rooting for Manny. I can’t remember a time when the media turned this quickly against 1 of our coaches
Manny has an accomplishment that he will hold over every other UM coach… losing to FIU

Advertisement
I’ve never seen a top 100 pick get beat the way he does, straight up. He can’t hold Flowers jock when he was here and he turned out to not even be good in the pros. We are so thirsty we drink anything. Even at the expense of what we see with our own eyes. Our ability to suspend reality knows no equal

Agreed; and when someone points out something to the contrary, they get all kinds of negative reactions.

Man, Zion has improved, but he’s not a quality OLman. He still gets beat often. He may be the best of the bunch, but that’s not saying much. Just like I told some that all that rah-rah about how great this line was going to be was premature. They said, ‘but, but, but Big Vaughn is coming back, Sciaffe is back playing his natural position, Rivers is on the line & we have depth.’ Yet, we are at this yr through 3 games:

117th in rushing
108th in sacks allowed
99th in TFL allowed

Last season:
67th in rushing
98th in sacks allowed
117th in TFL allowed

F’ing shame.

Agreed; and when someone points out something to the contrary, they get all kinds of negative reactions.

Man, Zion has improved, but he’s not a quality OLman. He still gets beat often. He may be the best of the bunch, but that’s not saying much. Just like I told some that all that rah-rah about how great this line was going to be was premature. They said, ‘but, but, but Big Vaughn is coming back, Sciaffe is back playing his natural position, Rivers is on the line & we have depth.’ Yet, we are at this yr through 3 games:

117th in rushing
108th in sacks allowed
99th in TFL allowed

Last season:
67th in rushing
98th in sacks allowed
117th in TFL allowed

F’ing shame.
“Statistically we are doing much better in TFL allowed this season”cmd

Advertisement
In case anyone is interested in why we have such a terrible BOT, here is an excellent article about how useless and braindead they are in general.

This is why PR stunts like banners work against the BoTs .... they have such fragile egos

Golden fired on October 25. Once the ACCCG is out of play it’ll probably get rolling. Could be as soon as October 16 when UNC rolls us by about 35. Especially if Virginia beats us next week and that happens to UNC with an extended bye week beforehand.

Hope it happens right after UNC so I can enjoy Punta Cana without Diaz and the sorry canes on my mind all week.
Shannon was fired after the USF game also.

You’re literally preaching to the choir , i’ve used the same arguments lol. He’s the worst AD in college sports. He has no business being involved in sports , he’s a huge ****. As for fundraising i hear he’s ok but theres Bot members that think he’s good. Lets be real most of these guys could care less about any of this.
Need an AD with some cojones like Sam Jankovich or Paul Dee. SOMEONE who knows how to hire the right coach.

Advertisement
the thing with golden (and richt, really) is that there were positives you could take from each of them. they each ran relatively professional operations but chose to kill themselves by hanging onto bad staffing choices (and in richt's case, recruiting and talent eval was also a problem). so it was much easier to convince yourself, "well, if they revamp the [offensive/defensive] staff, things could get better!" with manny, in the short span of 3 years, all of that has literally already happened. we've revamped the offensive staff. we've revamped the defensive staff. and we are seeing a team failing in every single facet of the game. a total clown show on offense, defense, and special teams. there are no redeeming qualities, no "maybe if we change x y z." all of that has been tried, it's clearly failed, and the buck stops at manny. and that's evident to everyone.
I honestly don't think I've seen a more poorly coached team. They literally can't do anything right.

Wow. Another embarrassing non-conference game. These clowns just don't get it.

Why doesn't the school get more money donated specifically for football? There are multiple millionaire alumn football players, not to mention alot of money in Miami.
Because people don’t trust Blake James to do the right thing with the money and as multiple ex players have stated the school does not show them love at all until It’s time for fundraising.

Imagine Blake James calling an ex player for money…. Now imagine Alonzo Highsmith doing it… the money will be there when the right people are in place.

Advertisement
[Moved]
The thrust of Barry's recent article (hello I'm sure you are reading this) is about as much for other BoT'rs as content for his media profession (and we consumers of said ink).

They [BoT'rs] informally communicate with each other through leaks ("we dont have the money, blah, blah, blah") and messengers (Barry, et al).

Whoever talked with Jackson is trying to convey a position to other BoT'rs/factions---get ****ed all you want, you don't have the votes you think you do right now

Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong--who cares--but at least be cognizant of what is playing out in front of us IF you know where to look and how to see it. I make same claim of messaging with other posters here who say they also speak to different BoT'rs. The message gets out doesn't? And, to a strong degree, silence is concurrence--not a hard concept to grasp.

These leaks aren't intended for the masses like some think... they are intended as a form of internal communciation because if they lock horns in a meeting, it reduces their options...
and egos of these types of people can't stand that now can they?

Do you think some (most) of them attained their positions because they run their mouths in meetings with unpopular opinions? FFS. Pretty rare 1% of 1% who swims in that lane--anyone who says different has no idea what they speak of.

Don't believe me, ok...THINK about your own workplace and perhaps other social groups. My guess is more than a few of you here have seen, **** are probably participating in, the same type of dynamic that is unfolding.

A move on Diaz and Blake is coming one day--their incompetence leads to nowhere else but that eventually. With that said, it comes when a faction of BoT'rs feels they have enough support to advance their position on 1) those that disagree, and 2) those that are ambivalent (because no decison IS A DECISION). It all about the math for these types--they will "stick their neck out" only when they know the vote is a mere formality.

Time will tell us obviously, but take hope in the fact that one day, Flake and Manuela will be former employees of the Athletic Department.

Go Canes.

Why doesn't the school get more money donated specifically for football? There are multiple millionaire alumn football players, not to mention alot of money in Miami.
They do. They pay for things like scholarships, which the AD pays for to the Uni.

Because people don’t trust Blake James to do the right thing with the money and as multiple ex players have stated the school does not show them love at all until It’s time for fundraising.

Imagine Blake James calling an ex player for money…. Now imagine Alonzo Highsmith doing it… the money will be there when the right people are in place.
Lol what?? Blake James has no issue raising money, which is the problem. He’s good at it. Former players who donate have not had any issue giving him money.

[Moved]
The thrust of Barry's recent article (hello I'm sure you are reading this) is about as much for other BoT'rs as content for his media profession (and we consumers of said ink).

They [BoT'rs] informally communicate with each other through leaks ("we dont have the money, blah, blah, blah") and messengers (Barry, et al).

Whoever talked with Jackson is trying to convey a position to other BoT'rs/factions---get ****ed all you want, you don't have the votes you think you do right now

Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong--who cares--but at least be cognizant of what is playing out in front of us IF you know where to look and how to see it. I make same claim of messaging with other posters here who say they also speak to different BoT'rs. The message gets out doesn't? And, to a strong degree, silence is concurrence--not a hard concept to grasp.

These leaks aren't intended for the masses like some think... they are intended as a form of internal communciation because if they lock horns in a meeting, it reduces their options...
and egos of these types of people can't stand that now can they?

Do you think some (most) of them attained their positions because they run their mouths in meetings with unpopular opinions? FFS. Pretty rare 1% of 1% who swims in that lane--anyone who says different has no idea what they speak of.

Don't believe me, ok...THINK about your own workplace and perhaps other social groups. My guess is more than a few of you here have seen, **** are probably participating in, the same type of dynamic that is unfolding.

A move on Diaz and Blake is coming one day--their incompetence leads to nowhere else but that eventually. With that said, it comes when a faction of BoT'rs feels they have enough support to advance their position on 1) those that disagree, and 2) those that are ambivalent (because no decison IS A DECISION). It all about the math for these types--they will "stick their neck out" only when they know the vote is a mere formality.

Time will tell us obviously, but take hope in the fact that one day, Flake and Manuela will be former employees of the Athletic Department.

Go Canes.
This article said the bot is aware of Blake’s “panic hire” of manny. That’s not exactly a vote of confidence

Advertisement
Back